Status: New!!

His Assistant

Chapter One

I sighed as I looked in the mirror. ‘Relax, everything will be ok’ I said to myself. Today was a big day for me. I had a very important interview which could change my life.

So I had an important interview with one of the biggest, richest men in the world, Jonathan Meyers. If I got this job as his assistant, it would give me the money I need and make me feel like I can achieve something. In my husband’s eyes be worth something to him. He was the most disrespectful man and always missed my birthday and anniversary. He got under my skin sometimes and he got violent when he was drunk. I’ll file when I get enough money saved to cover my ass.

I looked in the mirror and looked at my clothes. I wore a white blouse that was long sleeve and had a black skirt with some heels to complete the look. I wore my big watch as well along with my wedding rings.

I looked over and saw the time was 9:30. I better get going. Grabbing my long, brown bag, I shoved my phone, keys and papers that I might need for the interview. I took another deep breath and smiled in the mirror.

I have a car so I had to either walk or take my car but the building was only about 10 minute walk from my house.

I walked down the grey, boring taking a look around New York City which made me feel better. After my gloomy walk I stopped. My head turned up and my mouth gaped open.

The building was massive, too high. I gulped as I entered and stared around. Everything was so clean and crisp. Men walked around with suits and shiny shoes. Woman’s heels clicked on the stone ground with tight fitting dresses.

I blew out my breath that was hitched in my throat. I looked and saw a front desk with woman sat behind it. Slowly and nervously scraping my shoes over to the desk, a woman with her hair in a bun smiled at me.

“Hi, Welcome to Meyers Co, how can I help you?” she smiled and I bit my lip. “Um I’m Nicole, I’m here for an interview, with Mr. Meyers to be his assistant” I pulled the paper out that I had about the interview and she gracefully took it.

“Ahh yes, if you go over to the elevator, press 13, it will send you to his office and there should be another desk, talk to someone there, and good luck” she handed me the paper and I nodded and looked over.

Quickly getting to the elevator, I stood there, all alone. Everything was silent. The door binged open. Everything was bright and white. Inside was another room. There was a big desk with two women behind.

They had ear pieces on their ears and their hair were done up nicely. They wore tight grey dresses and one had a red dress, the other a grey dress. I nervously walked inside and slowly walked to the desk.

One of the women was talking to her ear piece. She held her finger up, figuring she would be one minute. I nodded and looked around. The white desk was clean and smooth.

The cream walls held painting which looks very expensive. And by the side were some plants. Over the other side were two big wooden doors. They had gold handles.

And what I also noticed was two other women, sat in waiting chairs. “Hi how can I help you” I turned and the woman was smiling at me. She had nice red lip stick which contrasted to her white teeth.

“Um I’m here for an interview, with Mr Meyers” I handed her the paper and she smiled nodded. “Ok yes, please take a seat and I will notify him that you are here” she smiled at me and I nodded.

“Ok, thank you” I turned and walked to the only available chair. I sat down and brushed my legs nervously with my hands. My hands were getting kind of sweaty.

The two women that were sat next to me where very different to me. The one on my left wore a black dress. Her legs were smooth and the light shined on them. She wore matte black heels with a small white cardigan.

She had her dark red hair in a ponytail and she was checking her lipstick.

The other woman wore a red skirt with a white blouse with red shoes. She had a red blazer over the top. Her brown hair was in a bun. She was looking at her phone and texting someone.

After 5 minutes of waiting, the woman I had talked to stood up walking over to us. “Rebecca, Mr. Meyers is ready for you” the woman in the black dress smiled and stood up. She walked, swinging her hips side to side over to the double doors and she entered. I sighed and relaxed a bit more.

10 minutes later

The double doors opened and the woman was smirking as she walked out. She walked to the elevator, with her bag on her elbow. She soon disappeared.

I was getting more nervous as my time would soon be coming. The desk woman once again came.

“Leslie, Mr. Meyers is ready for you” she held her hand up and the woman stood up and walked quickly to the doors and disappeared.

It was now only me. Tapping my leg up and down, I looked over to the silver clock on the wall. It ticked which filled the silent room. The doors opened with a click and she walked out, like Rebecca, with a smirk on her face.

Her bag was held in her hand tightly and she clicked her way over to the elevator, soon disappearing. I would soon be me.

5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes.

“Nicole, Mr. Meyers is ready for you” the desk woman once again smiled and I took a deep breath.

Standing up, straightened my clothes out me scraped my shoes across the floor and placed my hand on the cold, gold handle of the double doors, and slowly entered.

I entered the room and stared with wide eyes. This office was huge. It had a big glass window and the floor was a polished oak. My heels clicked on the ground.

There was a big desk which was white. On the top was an Apple Mac computer and keyboard. Along with some desk stationary and files. Behind was a large black leather spiny chair with arms rests.

There was a white sofa to the side with small cupboards behind were a vase filled with white tulips. There was a glass bottle filled with brown liquid and a jug of water.

There was a chair in front of the desk which looked comfy and soft. Everything was bright and clean. And looked very expensive. And to the side was another oak door.

There was a man stood at the window. He was tall and slim. He wore a black suit with a white shirt. On his feet were smart shiny shoes. He had a gold watch on his left wrist. His hair was black and was also slicked back.

I shut the door which made a noise, grabbing his attention. He turned around and smiled walking over to me, his feet clicking on the ground.

“Hello, you must be Nicole, it’s nice to meet you” he shook my hand and I nodded. “Thank you, it good to meet you to” I said shyly. I get nervous around people.

He let go and walked to his desk. “Right let’s get this over with” he picked a file up and walked to desk and leaned against it. I was stood still.

“Sit” he pointed to the chair and I swiftly walked over sitting down. “So you are Nicole Madison. How old are you?” he asked and clicked a pen.

“27” I answered and bit my lip. “So why do you want this job” he asked and stared at me. “I was an assistant for my husband’s office until they replaced me with another assistant. ” I looked up from my lashes and he was smirking.

He scribbled it down. “And you do realize, if you become my assistant, you do whatever I say and will have to be available at ALL times” he emphasized the all. I nodded biting my lip.

God he was very intimidating.

“Well, if will have a think about you, I’ll get my secretary to give you a call” he said and walked to his desk sitting down.

“Yes, thank you” I said and rubbed my palms together. “Ok well it was nice meeting you, have a good day” he sat down at his desk and started typing on his computer.

I stood up and walked off not turning back because of my blushed face. I walked out the office shutting the door.

I took a deep breath. ‘God he was intimidating’.

---------------------------------

I walked back into my house and then I saw beer bottles everywhere. He was drinking and I went upstairs to change into some comfy clothes. I laid down on my bed then my cell phone went off.

“Hello” I said into the phone.

”Oh hello, is this Mrs. Nicole Madison”

“Speaking”

"This is Parker from Mr. Meyers's office, I'm am calling to inform you, you have been chosen for the assistant job”

“Oh, really, thank you, so much”

”That’s alright, Mr. Meyers is going to send you an email confirming information for you about the job, can I take an email please”

“Oh yes its Mrs.NicoleMadison@hotmail.com”

”Ok thank you, you shall receive the email very soon”

“Ok thank you, goodbye” I shut the phone down and squealed for joy. I would now get the money I need. My iphone pinged and I saw an email from Mr. Meyers

Opening my mac laptop, I logged on to my emails and clicked on it.

Dear Nicole Madison

Congratulations on receiving the assistant job for me, I look forward to work with you. Here below are a list of recommendations and rules for this job.


Dress Code

Blouses, leggings, skirts, tights, cardigans, see through tops, high heels, ballet shoes. NO dresses, trousers, jeans, hoodies, casual tops, trackies or trainers.

Rules

As my assistant, you will do EVERYTHING I say, take all orders and do them as I please. This includes, photocopying papers, printing, typing, phone calls, ordering my schedule.

This can also include getting me lunch and any other job I specify you to do for me, you will do all jobs I provide for you. And if I want them done to a certain level or time then that is what must be done.

You answer to me and only me, no one else.

Work starts at 9:00, I expect you to be at work on time, and lunch is at 12:00 to 1:00. And work finishes whenever I say. So be prepared.

You will need to be available at all times for me and that means all day.


I hope this is clear for you, please reply if you have any questions.

Mr. Jonathan Meyers.

Wow that’s a lot of rules.