Living a Lie

Chapter 4

In lunch the next day at school, the boys sat with Nikki again.

"Are you going to tell the police?" She asked.

"We don't know if we should," said Bill.

She was shocked.

"What? But these people are criminals!"

"They have never hurt us, though," said Andreas.

"So? Don't you two want to see your real families? Bill, don't you want to see your twin brother?"

Bill shrugged.

"I don't know..."

She looked mad.

"If you two are just going to let this go, then you have issues!"

She stood up and left.

When Bill and Andreas got home from school, they were shocked to see at least 5 police cars in front of their house. The neighbors were all looking out their windows, trying to see what was going on. The boys walked closer and were surprised to see Carli and Dylan in handcuffs. Bill and Andreas ran over to them.

"Carli! Dylan! What's going on?"

A police officer stepped up.

"Boys, my name is Carl Smith. We got a call here that these two are kidnappers."

Bill and Andreas gasped. Who told them?

"What?" Bill asked, trying to act as if he didn't already know.

"Did these two kidnap you boys?"

Bill and Andreas didn't want to admit it, but they didn't want to lie to a police officer, either.

"I thought so," Officer Smith said after their silence.

"Tell them that we're your real parents!" Pleaded Carli.

"Yes, tell them the truth!" Said Dylan.

"The truth?" Andreas asked.

They nodded, smiles on their faces. But those smiles faded when Bill said,

"Yes, they did kidnap us, when we were younger."

"That's a lie!" Dylan yelled.

Officer Smith told them to be quiet. Then he turned to the boys.

"If you knew this, then why didn't you contact the police?"

Bill and Andreas were silent.

"Take these criminals down to the police station," he said to another officer. "Boys, come with me."

"Where are we going?" Asked Andreas.

"Home."

"But this is our home!" Bill yelled, pointing to their house.

"Not anymore."

He told the boys to get into a police car, which drove them to the airport. And soon, they were on a flight to Germany.

On the plane, Bill was crying, his head on Andreas' shoulder.

"Who do you think called the police?"Bill asked.

"Probably Nikki. We were stupid to ever trust her..." Andreas replied.

The police officers didn't tell them what was going on, but they just put the boys on a plane. They were both scared and nervous,because they had no idea what was going to happen.

When they got off of the airplane in Germany, they were surprised to see a lot of reporters. A police officer escorted them off of the airplane and tried to push away the reporters. Bill clung tightly to Andreas, as the reporters shouted at them.

"Bill, Andreas, would you like to comment?"

"What was it like with the kidnappers?"

"Do you remember life from before you were kidnapped?"

Bill and Andreas ignored them.

"Where are we going?" Bill asked.

"You're going to meet your families," the police officer said.

"Wait...are we going to be separated?" Andreas asked.

The police officer nodded.

"Of course."

Bill buried his face in Andreas' chest and cried even harder then he already had been. Andreas was trying to soothe Bill, but to no use. He was crying,too.

They were led outside of the airport and told to get into different cars.

"No, I'm not going to leave him!" Bill shouted.

"You can't separate us!" Andreas yelled.

"Yes we can!" said the police officer. "And if you don't separate right now we'll have to arrest you for disobeying the orders of a police officer."

"No!"

The police officer grabbed his walkie-talkie.

"I need back up," he said in German.

A moment later another police officer came. They each grabbed one of the boys and tried to pull them apart. They did, and then forced them into separate cars.

"Bill! I love you!" Andreas yelled before they forced him in.

"I love you,too Andreas!" Bill called out.

The police officers shut the doors and the cars drove off in separate directions.

Bill layed down on the back seat and cried. How can they be so cruel? If he couldn't be without Andreas, then he wanted to just kill himself. That's what he would do, he decided. As soon as he could, he would kill himself. Bill saw no point in living anymore. In the past few days, his life had changed so much, for the worse. What else was there to do except nothing?
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for the comments, they mean a lot to me. *hugs*