Status: Completed

The Soulmate Tattoo

The Story

"Are you kidding me?" I groaned, looking at the words tattooed into my inner forearm in black ink. My mum told me not to get a tattoo there so I could cover the words when they appeared.

I glared at the words as I read them for the fourth time.

"Back the fuck off, mother fucker!"

What a charming soulmate.

Tom ran in my room. "Happy birthday, Olober Syko!" He yelled. He jumped on my bed, grinning at me.

"Happy birthday, Tom! Oh wait, that's not how that works," I responded sarcastically. Tom laughed at my words, and I grinned back at him.

"So, let's see those charming words," Tom teased, wiggling his eyebrows. I held out my arm to him. Tom bursted out in laughter when he read it.

"Nice! Good luck keeping your job with those words," He pointed out.

"Long sleeves and sweaters, bro. It's England, nobody questions you."

"It takes some people years to find the one."

"Fuck," I groaned, running a hand over my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tom, yes. Yes, just... God, fuck. I can get there in like, 30 minutes. Just try to keep things under control," I stressed. It was my 23rd birthday, and there was trouble in my main Drop Dead shop. Tom was trying to keep it under control. Something with orders either not going through, or charging more than once.

"Fine. Just hurry yeah?" Tom rushed, then hung up. I walked faster, trying to make it to the bus stop as fast as I could. I took a sip of my Monster. Not watching where I was going, I ran right into someone.

"What the fuck are you doing, you cunt?!" I barked down at the man.

"Back the fuck off, mother fucker!" He snapped back. Something clicked in my mind, and my anger quickly went away. I looked into the man's beautiful blue eyes, and saw him mirroring my confusion. I looked down at my forearm, seeing the words he just said, and seeing them start to fade. I quickly looked over to him, seeing his do the same. A few people watched as they passed.

"U-Um, I'm sorry," I apologised sheepishly. "Stressful day."

"I understand," The man said, forgiving me easily. He had brown hair, and pale skin.

"I'm Oliver Sykes."

"I'm Josh Franceschi," Josh answered. I bit my lip softly, playing with my fingers awkwardly.

"I would uh, I would love to go get coffee with you right now, but there's sort of an emergency going on at my store," I stumbled over my words.

"Ooo, a business owner. Hot," Josh flirted.

"Can I just get your number?" I asked, getting out the pen I kept. He told me his number.

"Guess I'll see you later, huh?" I asked, leaning down and giving Josh a kiss on the cheek. His face broke into a grin.

"Of course, Oli. Call me sometime." I waved, and went, getting on the bus. I answered my phone as it rang.

"Oli, where the hell are you?!" Tom roared with annoyance.

"I just met my soulmate," I breathed, still in shock from the whole thing, but happy. I heard Tom huff.

"I suppose that's a good enough excuse. It's not every day you find your soul mate, huh?"

"It's not," I agreed, a smile slipping on my face as I thought of my beautiful soulmate, Joshua Franceschi.