Status: This is meant to be lighthearted and funny. Don't take this too serious!

As If!

Introduction

“I don’t understand why she isn’t talking to us about anything.” Mia, my older sister, states as we watch our younger sister, Katie, as she types away on her iPhone. “We used to talk to each other about everything.”

“We grew up in a different time.” I remind her. “We grew up in a time where our phone line was shared with our internet connection and cell phones weren't as big. I mean they were huge but not everyone owned one unless you were rich. We couldn’t talk to our friends whenever we wanted. We had no choice but to talk to each other.”

“Kris, our parents died shouldn’t she want to talk to us instead of her friends or her Tumblr followers?” She lets out an annoyed sigh. “Our parents died because of today’s technology, sometimes I wish we were still in the 90s. Death by texting and driving didn’t exist.”

“As much as I miss grunge I would not want to go back. The clothing was just horrible. And don’t get me started on the hair.”

“You wanted to look just like Winona Ryder when she had that godawful pixie cut.” Mia laughs.

“I just can’t believe mom and dad allowed it,” I chuckle. “As nice as the 90s was for us, they would be completely different for Katie and her generation. She’s be even crankier then than now. She wouldn’t have her precious cell phone and Tumblr. She’d be one of those dark kids possibly listening to grunge and dreaming about marrying Kurt Cobain.”

“Like you?” She chuckles. “You turned out fine. I just wish there was to talk modern technology out of the equation so Katie and properly grieve.”

“The only way for that to happen is if you invent a time machine and we pull a Marty McFly and go back in time.”

“If only that was possible.” Mia sighs before leaving the kitchen and heads outside for a smoke. A sigh escapes my own lips as I walk into the living room and kiss Katie on the top of the head.

“I’m heading to bed. Don’t be afraid to talk to us, we know exactly what you’re going through.” Katie just grunts in response. I just shake my head as I head upstairs to my childhood room. As soon as I enter I’m brought back to the 90s and early 2000s. Posters of Kurt Cobain and even Backstreet Boys litter the walls. Stacks of CDs are on my dresser right next to an ancient boombox and a walkman that doesn’t even work. An ancient desktop is in the corner of the room just collecting dust. Everything in this room reminds me of how simple my childhood and teen life was. Maybe Mia is right, maybe Katie needs a simpler time to deal with things. If only there was such a thing as time travel….
♠ ♠ ♠
Just an introduction. Trash talk of the 90s will happen in the next chapter.

comment&subscribe?