Status: 2018.

One Number Away

zero

At the time Elizabeth thought she had it all. She had the money, the man, and the job of her dreams. But eventually even the best begin to fall. Elizabeth came home from work that day to find her fiancé in bed with someone that was supposed to be her best friend. She never saw it coming. She had hoped it was a nightmare but obviously the truth was right there. She kicked both of them out then ended up getting drunk and passing out. But turns out, everything happens for a reason.

Sidney Crosby was never getting married again. The process for divorce had to be the biggest pain in the ass and he was never doing it again. His ex-wife was doing everything in her power to screw him over but thank god for the prenup. All she got was some money and her car. Sidney was left with the house and the dogs. He knew that she was mad because she didn’t get what she wanted but he didn’t care. She was gone and hopefully life would finally get back to normal.

They say that everything happens for a reason. Maybe it was a good thing that Elizabeth ended up never getting married. If she hadn’t come home that day, she would married someone who would’ve ended up cheating on her. If Sidney Crosby hadn’t gotten his divorce, he still would’ve been being abused by the woman he thought he loved. What happens when two broken souls cross paths? Will sparks fly between them? Will Elizabeth truly get the happiness she deserves? Will Sidney finally find the girl of his dreams?
♠ ♠ ♠
several name changes and rewrites later. it took me ages to come up with something but here it is. hopefully it's somewhat decent. figured background would help before getting into it. :-)