Status: Update when I can

Bloodlines

Chapter 1: Just what we need

Previously on Pure Addiction:

"You do realize who I am, right?" He asked sipping his drink.

"Yep. I know that you're an original vampire and quite frankly, I'm not impressed. Come up with some better pick up lines, then we will talk. Till then that drink in your hand will be the only thing you're drinking tonight."

"Raine, where do you think you're going?" Mom began to follow me outside.

"If you're going to accuse me of something, then I mine as well do it." I answered before I hopped in the car and sped off.


Kol took off his white shirt and undressed with in the blink of an eyes. I smiled as my blue eyes searched his perfectly sculpted body. He climbed on top of me with a predatory look in his eyes. I didn't even get to take off my dress because he ripped it off and immediately began to press kisses down my exposed body.

Kol wrapped his arms possessively around Raine's small waist and kept his eyes on the mirror. He liked what he saw. She may not have wanted to become a vampire yet but Kol was impatient. He was also very selfish and made sure he got whatever he wanted.

"So what are you trying to say? That I'm a doppelgänger too?" I looked back up at Klaus.

"Both you and Ivy are doppelgängers. Every thousand years or so a set of doppelgängers are born. Those are called 'double doppelgängers' hence the twins." Klaus explained.


I gasped for breath and looked around the bathroom, trying to figure out why I was on the floor. What the hell happened? Ivy and I were at the bar then what? I tried to search my memories but it was all blank. I felt. . . different. Like I wasn’t the same.

“Who turned you?” Damon asked.

“Kol. He killed me last night so I guess I had vampire blood in my system, somehow.” I looked back at the dead biker and shook my head. “Oh God, my mom is part of the council! I can’t go home now! Not like this!” I began to panic.


"What are you going to make me do?" I asked with a hint of anger in my voice.

"I don't want you to worry about that right now." He grabbed me by the chin and forced me to make eye contact with him. "From now on, when I tell you to do something you will do it until I say otherwise."

No! Not my freedom!

"As of now, you will stop fighting and you will stop lying. The only thing you will worry about is how to satisfy me."

I felt myself switch around in my mind. It wasn't how could I protect my family? It was how could I satisfy Kol Mikaelson?
My hands gripped the bottom of his shirt and brought it over his head. He used his vampire speed to pick me up and place me on the kitchen island. The excitement in me raised through the roof. I had to keep him satisfied and I was willing to do whatever it would take. We continued kissing for only a few seconds before he began to trace his thumb over the cup of my bra.


"Listen to me, I just talked to your aunt Tina. She is going to help us break the compulsion. Your sister is on her way here."

Her words only caused rage. I started slamming myself in the cell door, hoping to break free. This couldn't happen. Kol wouldn't be happy if they got me off his compulsion.

"Let me out!" I screamed.


"You can trust me Damon. The only reason why I acted the way I did was because Kol compelled me to do whatever made him happy. He told me if I talked to you guys it would upset him so I couldn't talk and I couldn't ask for help." I began to explain.

"Would you like me to get you a therapist?" Damon replied in a smart tone.

I sighed and sat back down on the bed. "Glad to know your still a dick."

"Forever and always." He said before leaving.


Kol pinned her against the car and dug his fangs into her neck. Tina knew she was going to die after that. There was just something she felt down inside, so she decided to stop fighting. A human never stood a chance against an original anyway.

Elena drove off as soon as I opened the door. A strong scent of blood smacked me in the face so I turned towards the kitchen. My house keys literally slipped between my fingers as I watched the sight before me. Was my sister Ivy drinking my mom's blood?

My mother was standing there with a vampire clutched onto her. I pushed off the ground and used my vampire speed to tackle the intruder. Before I even got her to the floor she flipped us and tossed me into the fridge. I shot up and got ready to attack her but stopped when I saw her face again. Ivy!

"Ivy what the fuck?" I asked confused.

The girl shook her head. "Far from Ivy although I am related." She hinted.

"Anastasia?" I asked. "Wow, you really do look like her."

She folded her arms over her chest. "So I found the useless sister, now where is the one I need?"

I felt my veins pop up under my eyes as my fangs came out. "Stay away from my sister!" I lunged at her but something forced me to an abrupt halt.

There was a wooden spoon in my gut, searing pain up my back. Anastasia smiled at me and shoved the wooden spoon deeper into me. I wanted to stab her and tear her heart out but the pain practically paralyzed me.

"Don't be stupid. I'm an original vampire that could kill you in the blink of an eye." She pulled the wooden spoon out of my gut and pushed me to the floor. "I'll stop by another time when Ivy is here. Tell her I said hi." She spoke in such a goody-two-shoes way with a smile.

When she ran out of the house I put my hand on my stomach and looked at all the blood that was on the floor. It was a huge puddle leading up to Mom who I had completely forgotten about. She was passed out from blood loss but once I bit into my wrist and let her drink my blood she began to heal. I pulled the bottom of my shirt up and saw that my wound was finally healed. The pain was gone but my fear had magnified. My thousand year old ancestor had just stabbed me with a wooden spoon. She also said she was an original vampire. How was that even possible if she wasn't a Mikaelson?

This couldn't have been good. She was invited in our house. What could she need from Ivy that she couldn't get from me? I placed my hand on my forehead trying to gather all my thoughts. Ivy was going to be home any minute and none of us were going to be safe. My mom stood up, eyes wide with shock. We were both baffled.

"What should we do?" Mom asked.

"We need to clean up, when Ivy comes with Aunt Tina we should stay at the other house." I replied as I took off my blood soaked clothes and tossed them in the trash.

I ran upstairs and put on a black shirt with just normal jeans. I didn't have time to worry about being fancy. My hands were reaching for random things to pack. Ivy couldn't be here when that bitch of an original came back. Anastasia was way too strong for me. I couldn't protect my family from her. I tried saving my mom and ended up with a cooking utensil in my gut.

Before Ivy could even knock on the door I used my vampire speed to meet her on the porch with a big suitcase in my hands. I dropped the suitcase and brought her into a tight hug. Not even caring what she was wearing or how she looked, as long as she was safe and alive. That was all I wanted. Mom came out the house and gave Ivy a hug. I turned towards our driveway to look for Aunt Tina's vehicle but it wasn't there. And more importantly Aunt Tina was nowhere to be found.

"Where's Aunt Tina?" I questioned.

Ivy pulled away from Mom. "She's not here?"

Mom and I shared a look of concern. Just when we thought things were bad enough. Now our aunt was missing. Could there be anything else that dares to go wrong?

"She must still be on the road. Anyways change Ivy. We're staying at the other house for now." Mom tried to keep us all calm but I already knew something happened to Aunt Tina. That's what happens in Mystic Falls.

"Hey Raine is your phone broken? I tried calling you a couple of times but you didn't pick up." Ivy asked.

"Oh shit, I forgot to tell you that it did break again. Sorry been so busy with the whole vampire domestication thing." I lied my ass off. Kol had my phone. But he was daggered and I did not dare risk going near him again.

"Alright girls we can play catch up in the car lets just go." Mom quickly picked up her suitcase and headed for the car.

Ivy and Mom had taken her red SUV while I drove the black camaro. Instead of heading straight to the other house I went the opposite way to the Mikaelson mansion. There was apart of me that hoped the originals could help protect Ivy. If Anastasia was a real original then they would know how to stop her. What ever she wanted from Ivy, it couldn't be good.

Klaus answered the door, dressed in a nice white button up shirt with some real expensive denim jeans. "To what do I owe this pleasure?" He asked with a smile.

"Since when did you plan on telling me that my beloved ancestor is also apart of the whole original tribe?" I answered his question with a question.

Klaus suddenly looked irritated but he let out a sigh and opened the door more for me. "If we're going to have that talk then I'm going to need a drink. Would you like one?" He asked.

I followed Klaus in the dining room. "Bourbon please."

"So who came by to see you?" Klaus asked as he handed me a glass with a golden colored liquor in it."

"Anastasia, she tried to kill my mother and then asked me where my sister was." I answered before taking my drink in a single sip.

"So it was Anastasia who let Kol out." Klaus commented, sipping his drink slowly.

I put my empty glass back with the big bottle of liquor. "So what could she possibly want with Ivy?"

Klaus looked at me with those gentle blue eyes of his. "I'm not sure, all I can say is that anything that has to do with those originals is no good. I don't even see how she could be awake right now, I had a witch dedicate the whole family to avoid this intrusion." Klaus was sounding irritated.

The words made my stomach practically leap in my throat. Did he just say whole family?

"You mean to tell me there's another original family?" I asked in complete shock.

Klaus gave off a little smile as he leaned down to get closer to me. "And if you think we're a bunch of crazies, wait til you meet all of them."

I stepped away from him, trying to stop my heightened sex drive from taking over.
"So Anastasia could really raise the rest of her crazy original siblings?" I asked in disbelief.

"I'm sure she would find a way. Your doppelganger and her family was always one stubborn bitch." Klaus replied. "Now if there is anything else you need I'm quite busy. We will have to finish this conversation later."

He wanted to end this conversation without even giving me all the answers? No, I had to find a way to stop Anastasia before she raised anymore of her family members and they came after Ivy. I opened my mouth to argue but words couldn't come out. The hybrid had a real bad temper and I certainly didn't want to be the one that would flip the switch.

"I said later Raine. I am not in the mood for the argument right now. I was having a nice day until you brought this to my door step." Klaus snapped.

I nodded my head and turned to leave. Elijah was leaning against the door frame watching us with those dark eyes. I scanned his face and I realized how much he looked like Kol. My emotions began to stir so I quickly adverted my gaze and let myself out of the Mikaelson mansion.

So it was true. My ancestor and her crazy twin sister was an original vampire. Which was one of the strongest and the oldest ever. Even as I got into my car I couldn't help but wonder just how crazy that family was. If someone like Klaus had them desiccated then it couldn't have been because they painted too many rainbows.

[Elijah POV]
"You do realize you didn't have to talk to Raine like that. She was only looking for answers and she deserves them." Elijah spoke in his usual calm tone.

"Well I'm not too happy about the news she brought me. If things aren't already bad enough as is we now have to worry about the other original family being risen. She's after Ivy and I believe that's the only way to raise the rest of the originals." Klaus was definitely stressed out.

"Yes another big problem we must deal with." Elijah agreed.

"Have you heard from Kol?" Klaus asked.

Elijah shook his head. Last he knew Kol was in Denver watching Jeremy. However he did find it concerning that he didn't continue harass Raine. Down in his gut he felt remorse for Raine. No one deserved to be a vampire and no one deserved to have a crazy ancestor like Anastasia or the rest of her family.

He returned to his room where he saw a familiar face sitting on his bed. His whole body tensed at the sight of her. She wore the same face as Raine and Ivy but she was most definitely not them. She had on a light blue dress that fit her body perfect, showing off every nook and cranny.

"Hello Elijah, long time no see." Anastasia smiled as she got off his bed and walked towards him in a seductive way.

"Anastasia, certainly did not expect you here." Elijah kept his voice quiet.

She scanned him with her bright blue eyes as she walked past him. "Well you've certainly changed your looks. You look sexy with short hair." She came to a halt and tilted her head to the left. "By the way, you haven't seen my doppelganger around have you? She dresses horribly, has a miss-goodie-two-shoes attitude. You can't miss her."

"What do you want from her?" Elijah asked.

Anastasia started peaking through his room. "So I hear Kol got a little too close to Raine. Tell me, how mad was he after he woke up from his little nap? Was it him that turned Raine?" She showed no interest in giving him an answer.

"You undaggered him." Elijah commented.
"That's right. Even though I can't stand that self-conceited, womanizing, psycho. I had to see how he would add some spice into that boring situation. He didn't disappoint. I hope for Raine's sake my twin doesn't find out about them. We all know Risiska doesn't like to share."

"How dare you come into my house to mock everything that you have done. You know Raine has done nothing to deserve that life." Elijah growled.

Anastasia shrugged her shoulders. "Well at least your little brother knows how to make boring things fun."

Elijah flinched to attack her but she was already gone. She used her vampire speed to disappear. He let out an irritated sigh and turned around to see Klaus standing at his door. He looked very angry.

[Raine POV]
The next morning I woke up to sunshine in my eyes. I stretched and immediately got in the shower, trying to collect myself. Why the hell was this happening to me? As of becoming a vampire wasn't bad enough, now I had some crazy original after my sister and my aunt was now missing. In Mystic Falls that only meant one thing. . .Dead. My Aunt Tina was a nice woman. She had taken in Chloe and raised her as her own when our Uncle Frank was thrown out of the family picture.

As I was getting dressed I could hear my mother weeping in the next room. I quickly buttoned up my black jeans and pulled down my white tank top as I headed to Mom. She looked at me with red watery eyes and nearly jumped out of her skin.

"Raine?" Mom stepped back clearly unsure if it was me or my supposed evil doppelganger.

"Don't worry it's me, Mom. I'm just checking on you." I assured her.

She wiped her tears away. "Your Aunt still isn't answering my calls. I think something happened to her."

I hugged my mom, trying to comfort her. The sound of the blood rushing through her veins made me realize how hungry I was. I couldn't be too close to her with an empty stomach. I pulled away from her and searched her face. I wanted to cry from just looking at her face. She was so upset and what would have been a pinch of pain for me was magnified.

"Where was she supposed to go once she got in Mystic Falls? Maybe I can look around." I offered.

"The query. She was supposed to dump Kol's body there." Mom replied.

[Ivy POV]
Ivy sipped her coffee and stared at the handsome man sitting across from her. He seemed familiar but she couldn't place him. There was a clutter of people talking in the grill behind her.

"I'm sorry I keep forgetting your name. I swear this never happens." She was embarrassed.

The dark haired man smiled at her. "It's Kol Mikaelson."
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of the sequel is up I hope those who have stayed with me through this series enjoys this becuase I want to make this book more interesting with plenty of plot twists and cliffhangers.