Status: Update when I can

Bloodlines

Chapter 2: Gloom Town

Previously on Pure Addiction: Bloodlines

My mother was standing there with a vampire clutched onto her. I pushed off the ground and used my vampire speed to tackle the intruder. Before I even got her to the floor she flipped us and tossed me into the fridge. I shot up and got ready to attack her but stopped when I saw her face again. Ivy!

"Ivy what the fuck?" I asked confused.

The girl shook her head. "Far from Ivy although I am related." She hinted.

"Anastasia?" I asked. "Wow, you really do look like her."

She folded her arms over her chest. "So I found the useless sister, now where is the one I need?"


"Where's Aunt Tina?" I questioned.

Ivy pulled away from Mom. "She's not here?"

I put my empty glass back with the big bottle of liquor. "So what could she possibly want with Ivy?"

Klaus looked at me with those gentle blue eyes of his. "I'm not sure, all I can say is that anything that has to do with those originals is no good. I don't even see how she could be awake right now, I had a witch desicate the whole family to avoid this intrusion." Klaus was sounding irritated.

The words made my stomach practically leap in my throat. Did he just say whole family?

"You mean to tell me there's another original family?" I asked in complete shock.

Klaus gave off a little smile as he leaned down to get closer to me. "And if you think we're a bunch of crazies, wait til you meet all of them."


Ivy sipped her coffee and stared at the handsome man sitting across from her. He seemed familiar but she couldn't place him. There was a clutter of people talking in the grill behind her.

"I'm sorry I keep forgetting your name. I swear this never happens." She was embarrassed.

The dark haired man smiled at her. "It's Kol Mikaelson."


[Raine POV]
As soon as I saw my aunt's car my heart sunk and I was hit by a wave of despair. She was here! I stepped up to her vehicle in my black high heeled boots and ignored the dirt. It was the smell of blood and something rotting that caught my attention. I looked behind her SUV and saw blood splattered all over the trunk and window. Her body was laying right by the edge of the quarry, almost falling into the water.

I covered my mouth with my palm and held my breath. There was a huge gash in her throat and blood pooling by her head. Her dark brown hair was covered in it and those dark brown eyes were open but stiff. She was dead as I had suspected. That's what happened in Mystic falls often.

"Aunt Tina." I whispered before I blinked back tears.

"Wooo, that stinks. Your aunt I take it?" Damon's voice made me turn around.

Damon was dressed in a pair of denim jeans with a black short sleeve shirt. He was leaning against the back of her SUV looking down at the dead body. I eyed him suspiciously and nodded my head.

"What are you doing here Damon?" I asked.

"Apparently helping you clean up your mess." He answered.

"This is not my mess! I didn't do this you Jerk!" I snapped.

Damon cocked his left eyebrow before approaching the body. "Well, that I know. It was probably Kol who is after you so therefore it is your mess." Damon explained.

I didn't say anything else to him. I just tucked my hands in my pockets and let out a sigh. Apparently my mother and I had a funeral to plan.

"Call the sheriff and tell her you found her like this. I'm going to get my mom and let her know about Aunt Tina." I turned to walk away.

"Raine!" Damon called me.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around to face him.

"If Kol did this that means he's no longer daggered. He could be anywhere so watch yourself." He warned.

I nodded my head. "Right back at you."

Mom was pacing the kitchen dressed in a white tank top and a pair of jeans shorts. Her bare feet were padding against the kitchen tiles and my sister was somewhere upstairs. I learned all that by standing on the porch, courtesy of my supernatural hearing. Then came the part that sucked.

I let out another sigh and walked into the house. Ivy came running down, her hair all soaked and a small blue towel wrapped around her body. Mom joined her by running right to the door through the kitchen.

"Thank God you're back!" Ivy said.

"Did you find her? Is she alright?" Mom asked.

I opened my mouth to answer them.

"Is she in the hospital?" Ivy asked.

"What happened to her?" Mom asked.

My eyes went between Ivy and Mom as they swarmed me with questions. "She's dead. A vampire got to her. I think it was Kol."

Both Ivy and Mom lost all their hopes on one single blink. Their faces fell and I could see tears forming in their eyes. I wanted to cry too but I was afraid that if I started I would never stop. I needed to keep my humanity on for the sake of my family.

"Damon is alerting the sheriff and calling a coroner to take care of the body." I added in.

"I'm going to make some tea and call a funeral director. Raine, get ready to help plan the funeral. Ivy, you should probably get dressed." Mom noted.

As soon as she headed towards the kitchen I turned to Ivy. She looked really confused.

"Who is Kol?" She whispered.

"He's the vampire that turned me and almost killed you. Kind of hard to forget." I commented.

She looked like she was searching her memories. "I don't remember him."

I didn't smell any vervain on her so I searched her with my eyes. Her vervain bracelet was gone. She must have been compelled to forget Kol. That caused all sorts of alarms to go off in my head. If it was Kol she was talking to he could compel her to do something bad and she would have no control over it.

"Where's your vervain bracelet?" I asked.

"I didn't get to put it on yet but don't worry I'll put it on as soon as I get dressed." She promised before she turned and walked up the stairs.

The funeral was planned within a few days after sleepless nights. Mom was getting herself ready while Chloe, Ivy, and I were putting on our dresses. Chloe was standing behind me with her flame red hair tied in a ponytail. There were a few loose curly strands resting on her cheek that bounced as she zipped up the back of my dress.

Her dress was black with a halter top that stretched down to her knees. Ivy was wearing a dress that was black but had little golden designs that swirled all the way to the hem. Her dress was the same length as Chloe's but had no straps. Mine was shorter and had thin straps with nothing but plain black for color.

Ivy stepped in front of me with eyeliner and some lipgloss in her hands. I shook my head and she rolled her eyes at me. Make-up to a funeral just didn't feel right to me. I never liked to wear make-up much only on occasion and those occasions didn't include funerals. Ivy pulled her hair up in a bun while I left my curly hair down.

"You look really nice Chloe." I stated, trying to break the silence.

She shrugged her shoulders. "The woman who raised me and did everything she could to keep me safe is now dead. I'm not really worried about how I look. I'm just trying to get through the next hour at this point. And the hour after that. And the hour after that." Her voice came out as a whisper.

"You'll get through it. I promise." I replied.

Ivy started putting on light pink lip gloss, looking into the mirror on my huge vanity bureau.

"I'm so thankful to have you guys as my family. Even if a twin is a vampire." Chloe put on a fake smile.

I opened my mouth to apologize but she interrupted me.

"I've known about that type of stuff since I could understand words. It's hard to ignore when you hear your guardian thinking about killing vampires and how she would break the news to you." Chloe. replied.

"Can you hear Raine's thoughts?" Ivy asked, turning to look at our cousin.

"No. I can't hear thoughts of vampires. But I can of witches and werewolves." Chloe admitted.

"Maybe it's cause I'm dead." I theorized as I stared at my own reflection.

Grey skies stretched high above us as we slowly marched through Mystic Falls cemetery. Little rain was drizzling but not for too long. Ivy had on a small black cover up to keep her arms warm. Chloe and I were the first ones to put roses on the grave. Ivy did the same with Mom and looked up at me with watery eyes. She broke down into tears so I approached her and held an arm around her.

[Anastasia POV]
"Ugh, would you look at that? Pathetic. My aunt just died, it's the end of the world." Anastasia mocked as she kept a distance from all the group of people. She was wearing a black pencil skirt with a nice white blouse that was covered by her black blazer.

"I like the way Raine looks in that dress. Maybe I'll make her wear it next time." Kol commented as he leaned against a tree.

Kol wasn't dressed fancy like everyone else. A pair of denim jeans and a long sleeve shirt did him justice. Though if it was up to Anastasia's older twin, he would be in a black suit in tie. That was when he looked his best.

"Be quiet Kol. I didn't bring you here to check out my sister's shadow self." Anastasia scowled.

"I will do whatever pleases me. How strange is it that Risiska no longer interests me but I'm very fascinated by Raine?" Kol asked as he glued his brown eyes to Raine.

Anastasia didn't like it. "Just wait til she hears that."

"She's taking a nap. I'm sure she won't mind." He commented.

"Doesn't mean it will be like that much longer." She hinted as she put hands on her hips.

"I still think you raising your sister is moronic."

"Someone's scared of my big bad sister." Anastasia taunted.

"Hey, I am not threatened at all by that strumpet." Kol spat. "Just of what she will do. Last time she was awake she had a sick plan of turning almost the whole world into vampires and keeping just a few alive for blood. We would have starved if she succeeded."

"Don't worry, I won't let such a thing happen." She promised as she turned and looked at Kol. He was giving off an unamused look as if he didn't trust her. "Stop being so paranoid, unlike my sister I tend to be more trustworthy. We had a deal and I will keep up my end of the deal as long as you keep yours."

"Don't worry it's already done." Kol replied.
"Good." She smiled as she peaked over Kol's shoulder. "I have a date to attend to. So please excuse me." She walked around Kol, fixing her straight reddish brown hair.

In front of her was a handsome man with real short dirty blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. He was wearing a black suit and black tie to blend into the whole funeral occasion. She glided to him in her black high heels with a smile on her face.

"I love a man on time, Christian." She wrapped her arm around his neck and felt his hands snake around her waist.

"Glad I didn't disappoint you." He commented.

Christian was not an original vampire but he was close to it in age. Anastasia had met him only after of being an original vampire for 50 years. She loved his blue eyes and his blonde hair. He was one of the best good looking men she ever laid eyes on so what did she do? She offered him a life where he could stay young and handsome forever. He was quick to take her offer and had never disappointed her.
Not even when he was just a newly turned vampire. Anastasia loved her men to be useful, smart, and very much like gentlemen. Christian managed to fit all of those into his category.

So she smiled at him and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. Happy that he was with her once more.

[Raine POV]
Elena showed up in a black dress that had thin straps and was very similar to mine. Her long brunette hair was brushed and put into a ponytail while Jeremy was wearing a black suit with little work on his almost black hair.

"Raine are you sure you will be alright?" Elena asked as she walked up to me.

I didn't understand why she was asking me. Chloe was in more pain then I was. She deserved more attention and concern then I did. Hell, I wasn't even crying, I was just keeping a straight face.

"You should be asking Chloe that. Tina was a mother to her, she was an aunt to me, but still I know she's in more pain. I think I can feel it." I admitted.

Elena shook her head. "That's all your heightened emotions, Raine. I know that whatever Chloe and Ivy feels, you feel it times a hundred. It's hard but your strong Raine. I know you can get through this." She hugged me.

I scoffed once I realized what she was trying to do. "I'm not going to shut off my humanity Eliza. If I ever get so weak as to retort to that then do me a favor, kill me." I gently pulled her off me feeling suddenly irritated.

The fact that Elena would even imagine me being so quick to turn off my emotions was infuriating. I may have had some days where I thought I wasn't even going to make it through the next second. There were times I felt like I couldn't breathe because of how much pain I was in and even when I was human I still forced myself to keep going. Why would I stop that now.

"Like I said before, I'm fine. I'm more worried about Ivy." I stated once I realized I couldn't find my twin sister.

"She was right here." Elena replied.

I heard a phone buzzing behind me so I turned around to see Ivy looking down at her phone. She looked real confused.

"I thought you said your phone was broken." She looked up at me.

"I did." I replied tilting my head to the left just an inch.

"Then how are you calling me right now?" She asked as she held up her Samsung Galaxy.

My name showed up on the screen in big bold letters along with my phone number. Kol had taken my phone back when I was under his compulsion. He must have kept it and now he was calling Ivy.

"It's probably just a prank call or something let me see." I reached out to grab the phone but Ivy pulled it away from me.

"If its a prank then I believe the joke's on me." She replied before answering the phone and walking away.

I went to follow her with Elena but my cousin Chloe approached me with my Mom. She was the only one out of all of us that had a black dress with thick straps and a red rose pin on. My eyes were distracted for only a second but that was all it took for Ivy to disappear.

I looked around the cemetery and ignored everything my mom was saying to Elena. Finding my sister was more important than agreeing with whatever Mom had to say. She was nowhere to be found and I was set in panic mode. Kol was loose he had already managed to compel her once, I couldn't let her get hurt again.

"Elena, did you see where Ivy went?" I asked.

"She was right over there." Elena replied.

Mom began searching the cemetery but all we saw was a few long term relatives and a few friends. No Ivy though. Mom was seething. She turned to me with her blue eyes suddenly ice cold and her teeth pressed together.

"You were supposed to be watching her. Why can't you just do one Goddamn thing right for once?" She hissed before turning around to search for Ivy.

Chloe looked at me her eyes wide and surprised at my mother's attitude towards me. I wasn't though and she was right. I was supposed to be watching Ivy.

"Just go with her to help look for Ivy. Elena and I will look over there." I suggested.

As soon as Chloe left to go after my mom I heard a pair of footsteps approaching us. We turned around to see Jeremy approaching with a phone to his ear.

"I understand." He held the phone out to me. "Raine it's for you."

"Who is it?" I replied as I took the phone.

Jeremy didn't reply he just turned around and walked off. Elena apologized and ran after him. It didn't upset me at all, I was actually angry at myself for not chasing Ivy. She wouldn't have been missing if I didn't get distracted for that one split second.

"Hello?" I answered as I brought the phone to my ear.

"Hello Darling. How has life been treating you?" Kol's voice made me freeze.

"Kol." I immediately felt anger and disgust flow through me.

"I'm not really calling to bother you, I'm just wondering if your missing something. More particularly someone."

I kept searching the cemetery for Ivy. Please don't tell me he has her. He can't have her. It's not possible.

"Raine?" My sister's voice came through the phone. She sounded frightened. "I'm so sorry Raine but he made me do it." She began sobbing.

"Do what?" I asked, as I began walking out of the cemetery.

"She's taken a good amount of my blood. You got 10 minutes and I'm snapping her neck. We're in your room. The one with the broken headboard. Be sure to tell no one or I'll think of some real creative things to do her. I'm over 1000 years old. I know how to do some real creative things." He warned.

I hung the phone up, tossed it on the ground and used my vampire speed to head towards my house.

[Anastasia POV]
Anastasia searched the old Mill with her blue eyes. The place could use a good cleaning but after that it would be perfect. Christian came up from behind her and wrapped his arm around her. She gave him a smile which meant she approved. The place was practically sound proof, had plenty of room, and was able to seal up tight.

"So you like it?" Christian asked.

"It's not if I like it.not's if my sister would like it." Anastasia corrected. "And the answer is yes, she would love it. Now go fetch a specimen while I clean this place up. We have a lot of work to do." She gave him a kiss on the cheek and watched as he turned to leave.

It wouldn't be long until she finally had her whole family back together again. Then Mystic Falls would belong to them again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just an update. Hopefully I'll be able to add some banners eventually. I hope you are all enjoying it. I'm adding a whole lot more twists to this story. It's gonna get good. As always thank you so much for reading I really enjoy knowing that people are reading my story. Down below is a pic of Christian

http://static2.hypable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/paul-walker-dead.jpg