Status: Update when I can

Bloodlines

Chapter 3: Time to Run

Previously on Pure Addiction

"You look really nice Chloe." I stated, trying to break the silence.

She shrugged her shoulders. "The woman who raised me and did everything she could to keep me safe is now dead. I'm not really worried about how I look. I'm just trying to get through the next hour at this point. And the hour after that. And the hour after that." Her voice came out as a whisper.


"Be quiet Kol. I didn't bring you here to check out my sister's shadow self." Anastasia scowled.

"I will do whatever pleases me. How strange is it that Risiska no longer interests me but I'm very fascinated by Raine?" Kol asked as he glued his brown eyes to Raine.

Anastasia didn't like it. "Just wait til she hears that."

"She's taking a nap. I'm sure she won't mind." He commented.

"Doesn't mean it will be like that much longer." She hinted as she put hands on her hips.

"I still think you raising your sister is moronic."

"Someone's scared of my big bad sister." Anastasia taunted.

"Hey, I am not threatened at all by that strumpet." Kol spat. "Just of what she will do. Last time she was awake she had a sick plan of turning almost the whole world into vampires and keeping just a few alive for blood. We would have starved if she succeeded."

"Don't worry, I won't let such a thing happen." She promised as she turned and looked at Kol. He was giving off an unamused look as if he didn't trust her. "Stop being so paranoid, unlike my sister I tend to be more trustworthy. We had a deal and I will keep up my end of the deal as long as you keep yours."

"Don't worry it's already done." Kol replied.
"Good." She smiled as she peaked over Kol's shoulder. "I have a date to attend to. So please excuse me." She walked around Kol, fixing her straight reddish brown hair.


"Elena, did you see where Ivy went?" I asked.

"She was right over there." Elena replied.

Mom began searching the cemetery but all we saw was a few long term relatives and a few friends. No Ivy though. Mom was seething. She turned to me with her blue eyes suddenly ice cold and her teeth pressed together.

"You were supposed to be watching her. Why can't you just do one Goddamn thing right for once?" She hissed before turning around to search for Ivy.

Chloe looked at me her eyes wide and surprised at my mother's attitude towards me. I wasn't though and she was right. I was supposed to be watching Ivy.


"I'm not really calling to bother you, I'm just wondering if your missing something. More particularly someone."

I kept searching the cemetery for Ivy. Please don't tell me he has her. He can't have her. It's not possible.

"Raine?" My sister's voice came through the phone. She sounded frightened. "I'm so sorry Raine but he made me do it." She began sobbing.

"Do what?" I asked, as I began walking out of the cemetery.

"She's taken a good amount of my blood. You got 10 minutes and I'm snapping her neck. We're in your room. The one with the broken headboard. Be sure to tell no one or I'll think of some real creative things to do her. I'm over 1000 years old. I know how to do some real creative things." He warned.


[Ivy POV]
Ivy was kicking herself in the ass for leaving her vervain bracelet off. It was the reason she literally walked into Kol's trap. Now she was sitting on her sister's bed, hoping her twin would rush to her rescue, like always. The vampire Kol was watching the window with an aluminum bat in his hands. He was going to hurt Raine and she was going to let him. Why? The damn compulsion he had used on her.

She wanted to curse him and spit on him but she didn't dare. Fear was swimming through her and she drew a blank every time she thought of an escape. He was so strong and fast, he had to be very old. She tried thinking of why Kol would want her sister but she didn't know him. It was a mystery why he choose her.

“Well your sister is certainly taking her time.” Kol finally broke the silence as he turned around to look at her.

“I'm sure she will be here shortly.” Ivy replied in a soft voice.

“Or maybe she has grown tired of rescuing you.” Kol theorized.

Ivy opened her mouth to defend her sister but then clamped her mouth shut. She had nothing to say to that. The thought of Raine leaving her for dead was scary. Although deep down she felt she deserved it, she prayed it didn't happen.

“Tell me, do you think she has gotten tired of saving you? It must be hard being your sibling.” He commented.

Ivy blinked and stayed quiet as a tear rolled down her left cheek. Kol smiled at her pain and went back to the window.

[Raine POV]
I used my vampire speed to enter the house and run right to my room. Kol was sitting on my bed with an aluminum bat over his shoulders. He was twirling with it casually. His black pants and casual black shirt certainly put on a receiving show. He looked like a man relaxing on his day off of work but in reality he was a vampire looking to kill.

“Where's Ivy?” I asked.

“She's a bit tied up at the moment.” Kol kicked his leg back under the bed and I heard Ivy cry out in pain.

I ran at him with my vampire speed but was stopped by his aluminum bat. My legs collapsed under me as Kol hit me in the legs with his vampire strength. Surprisingly the bat didn't break.

“Oh dear, I think I hit a nerve.” He began twirling the bat in his hand again. “I thought you would have learned the first time you set me up to be daggered. Apparently your punishment wasn't severe enough since you had your aunt dagger me. That didn't last long though, did it? Yes, I drained that one dry within seconds.” He antagonized.

I tried getting up again but I felt the bat crash into the back of my skull. It sounded like bone crushed and I could feel warm liquid leaking onto my hair. He held the bat up, ready to strike me again but I rolled to the side and jumped up just in time. The bat smashed into my floor and I used the time tackle Kol. He dropped the bat and began laughing.

“Darling, if you wanted on top all you had to do was ask.”

I reached for his neck but he grabbed my wrists and kicked me off him. My body crashed into a wall and my whole vision blacked out for a second. No time for that. I had to stop him before he killed Ivy and I. I pushed off my feet and this time we both went into my mirror. It shattered and shards fell to the floor.

As fast as I could I grabbed a piece and stabbed Kol in the stomach. Kol winced and growled in pain.

“Broken mirror, seven years bad luck.” I stated before slamming his head into the nightstand.

Kol dropped to the floor, temporarily knocked out. I jumped over him and reached for Ivy under my bed. She came right to me and wrapped her arms tightly around my neck like a frightened child. Her body was trembling and she cried out loud.

“Thank you.”

I pulled her off me. “Hurry, you have to go to the other house and stay there.” I tried dragging her down the stairs.

“Only if you come with me. Please Raine I'm too scared to be alone.” She cried, tears staining her cheeks.

“Ivy, there's no time. He’s gonna wake up any second. I have to stay behind and make sure he doesn't come after you.”

We ran down the stairs and I opened the door.

“He’s going to kill you isn't he?” Ivy asked.

I let out a sigh and cradled her face in my hands. Our eyes met and I felt my pupils dilate.

“You're going to the other house and stay there until it's safe. Tell everyone I love them.”

She didn't waste another second, she ran right out of the house and kept going. I watched Ivy for one last second, taking in the possible last image of my sister. A pair of hands grabbed my shoulders and I found myself on the floor. Kol slammed the door shut and looked down at me with those black eyes of his.

“If you're going to kill me then just hurry up. Do it already.” I challenged.
Kol looked confused. “Why would I kill you when torturing you is so much more fun?” He asked as he picked me up and slammed me on the floor again.

Pain dispersed through my whole body and before I could even get up I felt something sharp stab into my back. I let out a scream in pain and the object dragged down my back. Kol’s boot kicked me in the face and I fell right onto my side.

“Kol, please stop.” I begged.

He pulled my hair and made me look him in the eyes. “Be quiet.” He was trying to compel me.

“Not gonna happen.” I retorted.

“Someone's been taking vervain. How clever.” He punched me in the nose and stepped back.

I forced myself to scramble to my feet as I wiped the blood off my face. “Kol, we’ve already done this before and every time it has landed you in your coffin with a dagger in the heart. Why don't you just give it a rest already? You don't bother me or my family and I don't bother you.”

He raised his eyebrows s if in deep thought. “Tell you what, I'm in serious need of entertainment so we’re gonna play a little game. It's called Running from a very angry Original.” Kol began to take slow steps towards me.

I stepped back. “What makes you think I want to play any game like that?”

“If you want your sister to live you’ll play. Tell you what, I’ll give you a total of 5 minutes for a start. But after that, you better run.” Kol began chuckling. “Because what I've got in mind for you. . .” He dragged his tongue across his bottom lip and sunk his teeth in it as his eyes lit up like he was getting excited. “I've got something special in mind just for you.”

“How do I know you won't come after Ivy?” I asked.

He smiled. “If I kill her while you're on the run. . .it doesn't seem like enough punishment. What would be the perfect punishment though, is if you can never see your family and friends again. An immortality life with no companion isn't a life worth living at all, is it?”

I looked at Kol with widened eyes. He couldn't be serious. He clearly had other things to do than to just chase me forever. It wasn't possible right?

“Don't worry I'll find ways to keep this game interesting. Now you better hurry. You just lost a minute.”

Kol didn't have to say any more. I ran out that door and took off like a bat out of hell. I didn't know where I was going but that didn't matter. I had to run.

[Tammy POV]
Tammy was pacing back and forth in front of the door, praying that both of her daughters would return safely. Leave it to the supernatural to crash a funeral. She swore they had no respect for anything.

Elena was sitting on the couch with Stefan and Damon. The house was almost dead silent except for the quiet chanting coming from Bonnie in the kitchen. She was trying to do a spell that would keep Kol away from the house.

“Nothing yet?” Tammy asked the trio on her couch, hoping they heard from one of the twins.

Elena shook her head but got up and approached Tammy to keep a conversation going. She held her hands together and looked at Tammy with her beautiful dark brown eyes.

“Maybe we can try to make some tea and settle down a little. It's not good for you to stay worked up like this. If Raine is with Ivy she will never let anything happen to her. And with her being a vampire I know she can protect Ivy.”

Tammy put both hands on her hips and let out a frustrated sigh. She would have loved to slap the girl right then and there. But she knew Elena was only trying to calm her down. Elena always wanted to help people since she was just a kid, it was as if she was born to do that. So Tammy instead clamped her teeth together for a split second before talking.

“I understand that you're just trying to keep me calm but it's not working. My daughter has somehow gotten mixed up with an original vampire who went off his rocker into one of them. On top of that both of my girls are doppelgangers and they have their own original shadow self. Chloe is in the spare room, crying because Kol killed my older sister, her mother. So please tell me how can you expect me to calm down?”

Elena gave her a sympathetic look, knowing that no words would help at a time like this.

“The spell is complete. Kol can no longer enter the house.” Bonnie came from the kitchen.

Tammy was about to thank the young witch when a loud knock came from the door. Everyone in the room became alert as Tammy reached for the door knob. Damon and Stefan stood up and fixed their black suits, ready for anything. When Tammy yanked the door opened her blue eyes landed on Ivy and she felt a wave of relief hit her.

“Thank God, Ivy.” Tammy brought her daughter in and held her in a tight embrace.

Damon shut the door and turned to Ivy. “Where’s Raine?” He asked.

Ivy pulled away from her mother with a guilty look. Tam!Y already knew what that meant but she didn't want to believe it. She had to hear it from the horse's mouth.

“She wouldn't come with me. She compelled me to run right here and stay here until I knew it was safe. She wanted to finish the problem with Kol and said to tell everyone that she loves them.” Ivy closed her eyes and tears began to break through.

“Do you know where she is?” Stefan questioned.

Ivy shook her head. “I can't say. All I know is she was fighting with Kol because he thinks she had him daggered. He said he felt betrayed and that he was gonna make her pay.”

Everyone was no longer relieved after hearing that. Even Tammy felt a little worried for her. A young vampire against an original vampire was practically impossible.

“Good thing we helped her practice fighting as a vampire. At least now she has about a 15% chance of surviving.” Damon made a smart comment.

“Damon!” Elena chastised.

“Now is not the time for that. Bonnie, if we give you a hairbrush or something that belonged to Raine can you do some sort of tracking spell?” Stefan commented.

Bonnie nodded her head. “I can use Ivy too.” She opened her grimoire and placed it on the couch.

Tammy locked the door and peaked out the windows. It was starting to get dark soon. She didn't like that.

[Raine POV]
As soon as the sun started to set I literally laid right in the middle of the long winding road. I could feel the vibrations of a car approaching. The hum from the engine echoed in my ears, the car was close. As soon I heard tires screeching I closed my eyes and waited.

The sound of heels clapping against the asphalt came next and then I heard a heart pounding fast. Blood swishing filled my head and I suddenly became very hungry.

“Oh my God, are you OK? What happened?” A female voice came to my ears.

I opened my eyes to see a girl with curly dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. She looked almost like Elena but didn't have the same facial features and her skin was more tan than Elena's. She was wearing jeans, some cute boots, and a nice light blue tank top.

“Some terrible tragedies, a serious amount of bad luck, and a real psycho that won't just leave me alone. . . But other than that I'm fine.” I replied as I sat up.

The girl suddenly looked disappointed and angry. “You're drunk.” She accused.

I wish.

“No. But if I was that would really help. You see, I'm going through a hell of a time. Not just a rough time. I'm going through Hell.” I stood up and looked at the woman.

She was getting nervous. Her fear only made her more appetizing and my empty stomach was needing to be filled. When she started backing up slowly I took slow steps in her direction.

“Sorry but I can't help you.” She replied in a quivering voice.

“Stop moving.” I looked her in the eyes and the woman became stiff. “I’m gonna disagree with you there, you see I need a ride out of town and I'm starving.” My eyes went to her red mustang.

Red. Blood. I needed blood. My fangs came out and I felt the black veins pop up under my eyes. The human started to hyperventilate so I turned to her and looked him the eyes again. “You won't remember a single thing.”

As soon as I finished compelling her I latched onto the girl's neck and felt blood drain into my mouth. I let out a little hum in satisfaction and closed my eyes but I kept draining her for blood. She stood still and allowed me to feed until her heart started to slow down. I pulled away from her and allowed her to drop on the road. Someone else would find her and take care of her.

I grabbed the keys out of her pocket and ran to the car. The mustang started and roared to life as I put it in reverse and turned it around. I passed a big sign that read 'Now leaving Mystic Falls, hope to see you soon.’ All my emotions piled up as I pressed on the gas to go faster. I wasn't sure where to go but I knew I always wanted to go to the Bahamas.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally an update. Things are about to get real interesting. What do you think Kol was supposed to do for Anastasia? Anyone else secretly rooting for Raine to kick some ass yet?