My Way Home Is Through You

The Liberty

He smelled like sweat, ciggarets, and sex. He looked like a rock star, but not one that Larken had ever heard of. She spotted him stumbling into the lobby of the Liberty hotel and it was hard to tell if he was drunk or exhausted.

His lean hips swaggered in pants that looked a little on the tight side. He peeled of a worn looking leather jacket and wandered aimlessly across the smooth marble floor. His head tilted up at the high ceiling and his mouth tilted open. It almost looked like he was awestruck, but that wasn't something wealthy people felt was it?

Larken straightened her spine and put on her most courteous smile when he turned to steer in her direction. Even head on, she still couldn't place him. He looked familiar, but totally out of place at the same time. His hair was shoulder length and the most ridiculous shade of red. Maybe he was in some kind of David Bowie tribute band?

"Welcome to the Liberty, my name is Larken. How may I be assistance to you sir?" She asked brightly once he was close enough. It was nearly two in the morning, but she still laid on the pep. Larken had a coffee addiction that was born from working the overnights.

"Holy shit, Sunshine. Take it down about ten notches would you?" the redhead groaned as he propped himself against the reception desk. "Can you point me in the right direction for a drink?"

From the hazy look in his eyes Larken doubted he needed anything but a hot shower and a good night's sleep. Something drove her to answer smartly, "My co worker, Jay went to grab Dunkin'. I can text him if you'd like a coffee?"

"Fuuuuck," he said dragging out the expletive. "I could use a coffee, and a smoke - and a bubble bath. Do you think you could get your hands on some?"

She'd had strange requests from guests before, but bubble bath was a new one. Larken fought a smirk as she replied, " I would love to accommodate you sir -"

"I'm sure you could accommodate me just fine," he interrupted as his hand went down to cup his crotch. His hazel eyes had gone from sleepy to leering in about five seconds flat.

Larken didn't flinch. Sex was a pretty standard request from men who came to stay at the Liberty. Unfortunately, that kind of room service wasn't something she offered.
Her smile tightened, but stayed in place as she replied, " I'm afraid not, sir. Do you have reservations or have you already checked in?"

Red pulled a room key out of his pocket and waved it at her. His lips twisted in what he probably thought was a clever grin. "I can't remeber how to get to my room. Would you be the best ever and show me the way?"
"I'm afraid I can't leave my post unattended," Larken responded. She laced her voice with pseudo regret and gave herself a silent cheer inside.

He was just like every other douchebag looking for a wet hole to stick it in. "It" probably wasn't even big considering the lack of evidence presented by the tight pants. If Larken was going to break the Liberty's policy about fraternizing with guests, it certainly wouldn't be with some Ziggy Stardust wannabe.

"Looks like Jay is coming back with those coffees," annoying turned sexually harassing guest pointed out smugly as the entrance door swung open. She watched her partner shoot across the lobby with a guilty expression on his face. Technically he wasn't supposed to be ducking out for Latte's, but what else was their to do at 2:00 am? Besides argue with an intoxicated reject from the 80's of course...
♠ ♠ ♠
For a contest, but also a story I plan to continue. Please let me know your thoughts. :)