My Way Home Is Through You

Coffee on the Floor

"So what's name the name of your band," Larken asked after a few sips of coffee. She was sitting cross legged on the ground with her back braced against the side other bed. There were chairs in the room, but that felt too formal. She wasn't meeting a friend for a quick session to catch up on adult life. Larken didn't feel like she had to impress Gerard.

"Are you prepared to be extremely amazed?" he asked back. She rolled her eyes and was tempted to shoot him the finger. He nodded seriously and said,"Okay then, I'm the lead singer for My Chemical Romance. My full name is Gerard Way."

Silence stretched out between them after he spoke. Larken tilted her head to the side and thought, Who the fuck is that? She honestly had never heard the of band or him before. He was a little older. Maybe they had a hit back from the early 2000's or something. Like that band The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. What ever happened to them?

"That's cool," she finally said noncommittally."What was your big hit?"

"The Black Parade was pretty popular."

"How does it go?" Larken asked when the name didn't jog her memory.

"When I was a young boy my father took me into the city to see a marching band. He said son when you grow up would you be the leader of the savior the beaten and the dammed..."

Gerard sang the words softly, but just like in the elevator Larken was struck by the rawness of his voice. The was real emotions there. Even if she still didn't know who he was he deserved whatever fame that voice had earned him. She smiled when he stopped and clapped dramatically. "Maybe you can throw a free C.D. my way?" She suggested. "You owe me that much for putting up with you tonight."

"I got you an extra coffee break, Sunshine. I don't owe you shit."

"What'd you call me?"

"Sunshine," Gerard repeated without apology. "Because your warm and bright and if I got to close you could burn me."

Larken tried to laugh that off, but it sounded a lot like she was having an asthma attack. "I'm not dangerous remember. I'm just a little mouse," she blurted out stupidly.

He obviously took that as an invitation to get closer. Gerard sprang to his feet and pulled her up to hers. Then he yanked her against him like she didn't have an option.
"Excuse me -" Larken started to say. Then Gerard's mouth was on hers and she completely forgot the rest of her sentence. Whatever it was it couldn't have been as important as his fingers digging into her waist and his tounge eagerly parting her lips.

Then it stopped and he pulled back just as quickly. "I'm not sorry, Larken," Gerard said close to her ear. "I had to do that at least once. I had to kiss a pretty girl and pretend that I had the right. I had to imagine for half a second that you were mine and I was normal."