My Way Home Is Through You

Against Company Policy

Larken felt her phone vibrate in her back pocket and then it made a little whistle noise. She took the opportunity to put some space between Gerard and herself and check the message. As she suspected it was Ray asking when and if she was coming back down.

"Boning a guest is against company policy, but if you must please clock out first," he suggested helpfully via text message.

"Thanks Jay!" Larken tapped back quickly."Shouldn't be long. It was a terrible mess and Mr. RockStar fancies himself a Casonova. I'm not digging the bile flavored breath though. *wink."

Then she looked back up at Gerard. He was still a little too close for comfort. His hands rested openly on his hips and he was chewing on his lip thoughtfully. Larken's face burned as she thought of how she had gently bit that lip a few seconds before.

"I've got to go," she said abruptly before her mind wandered any further. She didn't want to go. She wanted to move in closer and sweep her hand under that loose tank. Every time Gerard raised his hand she caght a peek of his stomach.

His hazel eyes met her light blue ones and he looked like he knew exactly what she was thinking. If he really wanted too, Gerard could push her right over the edge. His lips twisted in a crooked, but understanding smile. Then he shook his loose red hair and said," Okay Sunshine, get that cute little tush back to work, before I do unspeakable things to it and you. "

Larken twisted away from him and hurried to the door. No,maybe she scurried to the door. Maybe she was just a scared little mouse...

The dawn came slowly. When the digital time clock marked 7:00 AM, Larken all but pounced on it. She felt like a caged animal and was seconds away from clawing at the walls.

She had to get out on the street and back into real life. The familiar city scenery would remind her where she fit in it. She belonged at the bottom. Not several stories up where she could see the river and the sky.

She gathered her coffee (was she on number 4 or 5?) and her work bag. It weighed about a ton and contained everything from dry shampoo and breath mints to and emergency spot treatment. Larken considered herself to be prepared for just about anything...
Well, anything but Gerard sweeping up to the front desk.

"I'm leaving for the airport in an hour. I was thinking of grabbing a quick bite at the Starbuck's around the corner and calling a cab. Would you walk with me?" he asked in a rush. It almost sounded like her was nervous about her response.

Despite being a strange combination of dead of her feet and highly over caffeinated, Larken found herself nodding in agreement. She reminded herself that she would be going that way to catch the T regardless, so it didn't make any difference who she walked with. She had stupidly thought it would be just the two of them though, and was surprised when the short dark haired guy from the night before popped up out of no where.

"Did someone mention breakfast, because hot damn. I am starving and food needs to happen like right now," Frank declared as he wrapped a comfortable arm around Gerrard's shoulder. He didn't acknowledge the moment he interrupted except for a quick wink in Larken's direction. Obviously he wasn't a shy one and proved and that more by saying, "The cute hotel girl is coming with us right Gee?"

"Gee," she said cautiously testing out the strange nickname.

"Yea, Sunshine's coming with us," he answered for her boldly and reached out for Larken's hand. She almost snatched it away, but Gerard leaned in and whispered,"C'mon take a chance."
♠ ♠ ♠
Eeeek. I feel like the competition deadline is super close. Must write more.....