Status: I'm not sure where I'm at with this. It's a a finished book, not edited though. I'll put it up as I go along.

Hysteric

Introduction: Waking Up to Madness

Screams reverberated from wall to wall throughout the halls of the mildewing brick building. It was once a mental hospital, back when the world was sane. The building didn’t fall too far from what it originally was intended to be. Now it held prisoners. The last of living man captured and contained. Experimental lab rats for the others to test the limits of.

The undead took this land, with the goal to harvest and study the remaining humans. The humans that landed here, the asylum, were not so fortunate to be the harvested ones, but instead the test subjects for the Necrolords wars. Another scream of a tortured victim hails from across the corners of the facility.

The lead doctor of the facility grinned. It was once called an insane asylum, but now this building has earned the name ‘insane asylum’. A doctor, a Necrolord, he was a king among the dead. He owned this place, the people inside and the monsters that kept it running. It was his job to maintain the screams. His job to make sure no one got too comfortable. He was a twisted man in his twisted kingdom. He sneered at the cries for help and mercy, though no one would ever see those smiles behind his surgical mask. Blood spattered his scrubs and goggles. He was the nightmare of the hospital that was feared the most.

Then a scowl crosses his face; he hears a sound unfamiliar to these parts, a noise that aimed to puncture his pride. A ring in his ears so infuriating his composure is almost lost. Laughter strikes up like a chorus. It rings louder than any scream and above all other sounds. Misery is drowned in humiliation as the doctor can feel his work slip away to some joking patient.

“Nurse, end that noise!” He screamed at one of the soulless shells he kept around as assistants.

The creature teetered off on platform heels ready to fulfill her order. At one point the creature could have been viewed as a beautiful lady, but the virus killed her and the doctor transformed her. She might have been a beautiful model on the streets of New York, but after the plague she was left as a hungry husk with a taste only human flesh could quench, and a hunger that could only be quenched momentarily.

But the doctor found these sad hungry creatures to be beautiful. These mindless unfeeling creatures could be perfected. They could be contorted to a visual paragon. These creatures that he claimed were his nurses. They were mindless zombies with mouths sewn shut, and stomach removed. No need for ribs so much, therefore the doctor cinched their wastes in. The nasty rotting bodies wore provocative Halloween costumes dressed to look like seductive nurses, making them more grotesque in appearance. Zombies with mouths sewn shut. Even mindless creatures such as them knew they could not indulge in the vast sets of merchandise kept around them. The patients, the humans, none could be consumed.

The laughter continued and more ridiculous nurses ran through halls to appease their master. Each carried their own poison to end the laughter that rang through these halls. No amount of pain could crush the building giggles. The doctor was at his wits end, his monsters never failed him. His creations, his minions, they were perfect at what they did. He created them.

“NURSE CHULA!” He cried out in desperation seeking his favorite of the monstrous minions he had made. There would be only one to finish this insidious laughter. His first creation. The nurse that made him realize he was different from all the other humans. The zombie that transformed him into a Necrolord.

An awkwardly teetering girl with exaggerated false eyelashes over her swollen blue and green face and fractured skull scampered out across the hall holding in her arms a comically large bone marrow needle.

The doctor approved of the object she held, “Fill it with lye, if I can’t make this one scream I’ll just kill her. Not worth having laughter fill my home!” He walked down the hallway following the scuttling creatures ready to watch the happy patient die with poison.

Nurse Chula teetered precariously behind him carrying her oversized syringe. The doctor could feel relief at the brink of his mind set. The thought of putting an end to this giggling fool would ensure his hospital of agpny and torture was reinstated to the glory he had made it to be. There was a status to maintain in his mad house, he couldn’t have anything but pain. Slowly he rounded the corner and peered at the door, 666. He himself could not hold back his laughter at such twisted irony fate had given him.

“Oh, this is delicious. The frustration to my world would be in the room of the infamous number. This is wondrously ridiculous! Perhaps even cliché!” He pushed open the door and the middle six fell off from the frame and shattered on the floor. “Number 6 space 6… just a silly incomplete number as you are my silly incomplete patient.”

He strode into the room identifying the source of laughter. It was a young female covered in grim and filth. It was hard to tell much about her state, but the lye injection would explain all he needed to know about this particular patient.

“Grimy grimy filthy girl,” He spat at her.

Her laughter stopped and she looked up. Her body was covered in mud and dirt, everywhere but her eyes. Her eyes shined with a bright brilliant blue light filled with a life the doctor was completely unused to seeing in his hospital. She hadn’t given up yet. She was still vibrant which made her different from any other patient the Doctor had ever encountered before. To make it worse she was amused with the scenario she found herself in. There was no amount of torture that could stop her from laughing at the pathetic creatures the Doctor called his nurses.

The sight of her enthusiasm infuriated him; he moved his hand back and struck the girl across her face. “Tie her up!!!” He screamed angrily, “I want her hanging!”

The little girl balled up on the floor as laughter took over her body once more, “Oh doctor… ahahahahahahahaha… you hit like a little girl… AHAHAHAHAHA!”

The doctor’s patience was growing thin. She was a rare case. She could barely speak through her laughter, and it appeared as though she was suffering from hysteria.

“Perhaps maybe she is just insane… I do put my patients through an exhausting amount of stress, it would not be so unusual for one of them to lose their grip on reality. This is something that should be expected given the right circumstances… but then, how would she be able to throw in such an intelligible insult if she were properly insane. Perhaps coincidental?”

The nurses strung the girl out. They tied rope at the top of her hands and lifted her from the floor, then another set of nurses tied rope around her feet and strung that cord down through the floor on a pulley. Both sets of nurses pulled to different end suspending and dislocating sections of the girl’s body. She burst into laughter as various bones popped from their sockets.

The doctor winced at the sounds of her joy, “Oh she gives me a headache. Let this end soon.”

Nurse Chula stepped forward with the syringe, “Ready the injection,” the doctor stated then took a step back, “I can’t have a subject here enjoy her stay so much. End this before I slip into my faults.”

The girl laughed as the syringe was jammed into her back and dug into her spine. The nurse pushed the end of the needle and injected however much her over-sized syringe could contain with lye. The girl responded with never ending laughter.

“Withdraw the needle Chula, let the lye do its work!” Dr. Sado shouted.

The nurse pulled the needle and a stream of lye poured out from the hole where the injection had occurred, but the girl kept laughing un-phased by the attack to her body. She still beamed with life and, though she was weak from her never ending laughter, her body managed to push out the remaining poison that had been injected into her. The stream pooled below her feet as she struggled with her giggles suspended over the floor.

“NO!!!” The doctor screamed staring in horror at his patient.

Her giggles only briefly dulled for a moment, and then once more began to build to a level of detrimental volume.

He grabbed at a scalpel loose on the table near-by, “NOT IN MY HOSPITAL! I WILL NOT HAVE YOU IN MY HOSPITAL!”

He wrenched the utensil through the filthy girl’s cheek in a desperate attempt to stop her laughter. She grew silent while the wound healed over and her cheek was no longer exposed. Her laughter resumed.

“GOD DAMNIT!” the doctor screamed. He stepped out and called for his Chula. “Nurse, call her. I can’t deal with this thing right now. Have the other nurses hose her down and clean her up. That woman is so god damn finicky about dirt.”

The creature walked back into the room without so much as any indication of understanding. A few motions were shown to the other creatures and an order was given. A power hose was brought in and they sprayed the tattered patient. Her laughter soon subsided into soft giggles as though the stream of water tickled her skin instead of shredding it.

It was not long until the screams of pain were almost completely re-instated to the hospital as the girl was cleaned up. The doctor was almost happy with his returning sounds of screaming and wailing. How the noise of humans begging for mercy brought him to a state of euphoria. Then a new sound entered the environment through the halls. Heels clicked along the broken tiles down the hospital hallway. The Doctor groaned recognizing the noise belonged to the woman he had called for. She would be the one who would take away his giggling immortal.

“My patience grows thin; I sincerely hope you are the last lordling to pop up in my homage.”

The doctor dragged the scalpel down the giggling girl’s cheek watching the wound heal as he began to trace her jawline with it. No wound he inflicted on this undead would ever stay.
She would forever re-heal herself. She was now the same creature as he was. By chance, they had found one another and the time had come to hand her off to his supervisors. No doubt they would be interested in this particular specimen.

Another comical teetering nurse opened the door and stepped back for a tall glamorous woman who still held all of her human image. She had cat like eyes with a medium length powder blue coat wrapped about her countenance. Her leggings were black, but her designer shoes matched her coat. She had carefully styled dark black hair hoisted and wrapped above her ears set gracefully around the back portion of her skull. The length of it was pulled back into an up-do, but there was an uneven side of her bangs positioned to stay at the side of her head and out of her face. She had an elegant and slender body, classic to a Korean model. Her eyes were bright pink and glared unmercifully at the doctor.

“You’re disgusting, you're creatures are disgusting, and this goddamn hospital is disgusting!” She shouted.

The doctor smirked, he loved seeing her angry. “It’s good to see you Noia.”

She glared at the doctor looking over his filthy goggles unable to gauge his attitude through his surgical outfit. “Is this the new one, the new sister?”

“Oh yes…” the doctor grabbed a scalpel and stabbed the giggling patient in the chest with it. She burst out into laughter and her wound healed as he pulled out the utensil.

“My god Sado, you keep them in such horrible conditions. It is unfortunate a sister would appear here.”

“I can’t help how I treat them. It’s my job to put the humans under stress in order to perform the experiments. Our King approves of my methods and so I shall continue my research in such a manner. That being said I had time to look up her file. She is a unique patient… perhaps you may remember her?”

Noia snatched her records growing angrier as she further read into the history of the patient, “This is a mess. Her mind has been wiped before?”

“It came back Noia, she has a memory better as a human than as a nec….”

“Shhh…” Noia waved her hands, “I don’t care about your excuses. Wipe it again.”

A nurse teetered in and Noia kicked it over to relieve he own aggravation from the circumstances. The nurse impacted against the wall before plummeting to the floor. It scuttled on the ground much like a cockroach before discovering a way to raise itself back up and stand. “These things are disturbing.”

“I know,” the doctor replied in an amused tone, “I made them.”

“Be quick with this, I want to get her out of here. I don’t need her thinking this is what we are about or picking up your nasty habits like Cutter did.”

“Let’s not speak of Cutter,” the doctor started, “You know we share disappointment with my child. He didn’t turn out how either of us wanted him to.”

Noia interrupted the Doctor’s thoughts to conclude the conversation between them, “You should be grateful his majesty didn’t kill you because of your mishaps. You’ve messed this up twice now.”

The girl fell to the floor and landed unconscious after being cut down from the strange pulley system. A nurse nodded to the doctor and he turned back to Noia, “She’s all yours. Unconscious and when she wakes up she won’t remember a thing. Not this place and not the place before.”

Noia’s frown only deepened, “Shut up Doctor. I don’t like having to listen to you for very long, it makes me lose my composure.” He sneered as Noia continued with her statement, “Tell your… things… to pick up the girl. I’m getting her out of here. Another sister…. Why would she appear here… of all places,” Noia grumbled to herself.

“You pity her? I was found halfway mauled by these beasts.” The Doctor added.
“And then you surround yourself with them. Did you check for a scar?” Noia retorted indifferent to the doctor’s histories.

“She has many, most of those gifts from myself.”

Noia sighed angrily, “Has she been bitten you self righteous ass?”

“I don’t know Noia; I will leave the searching of the young sister to you. I can’t be near her… the urge to let her live is very difficult. I’d sooner throw her weakened body to the sun,” the man grunted.

Noia smiled, “anyone that pisses you off this much will be worth my time, now assemble your cretins. I’ve got my work cut out for me with this one. I’ll have to do my best to shade her mind from this place!”

The nurses hefted the unconscious girl and carried her out of the degrading brick building and into the night air.

“I bet you can feel it already little darling, the weight you carry has just been lifted. Now it is time to convert you. It should be interesting; we’ve never started with a rebel before.” Noia gingerly touched the laughing girl’s wet grimy hair and smiled, “You’ve already begun to make changes of your own I see, and you look nothing like your file sweet beauty. Place her in the back, we’ll take care of her from here.”

The false nurses tossed the unconscious girl into the back of a suburban and teetered away leaving the strange woman alone with her unusual patient.
♠ ♠ ♠
I try to keep busy. Almost every book I post on here is actually completed, but the editing... a lot of cringe worthy errors. Actually some cringe worthy stories too. This isn't one of them.