Status: I'm not sure where I'm at with this. It's a a finished book, not edited though. I'll put it up as I go along.

Hysteric

Chapter 8: Necrolords

Teric’s heart was shattered upon seeing Zach, not Kira. Her heart sank and the trembling subsided. She felt the familiar sensation of being used, but also relief.

The priest noticed the change to her demeanor. Nic waved at the two of them standing side by side.
“Well well,” the priest spoke, “happy homecoming. Since you’re all here, I might as well make the best of this situation. Nic, Kira, please come in.”

Neither of the two needed to permission to enter but they followed the Priest’s oderes as though he were the figure of power here. There was a definite sign of respect for Father Joseph from the other two Necrolords, even with Kira.

Kira’s found that he was unable to make eye contact with Teric. She glared at him angrily and turned away in an attempt to leave.

“Ah, ah, ah, my dear,” The priest grabbed Teric by the wrists and once again pressed her to the podium preventing her from moving away. His hands gripped each side of the podium stand and his body surrounded her. She was trapped, pressed up against a man she harbored no love for.

“My work here is done, I assume Noia consented to your coming here Nic, Skitz, and Phran in order to receive some sort of report out of me. Well Nic, here is your report. Cutter should be perfectly capable of taking over this facility… or Kira. Whichever murderer she wants can hold this shelter. The humans have been able to train enough zombies that we can operate this place without them. I’ll want a few of these humans moved out to the farm of course, and a few more for research purposes. They can either help Dr. Sado with his studies, or be studied.”

Nic raised an eyebrow, “what game are you playing with such a statement like that? We had predicted the ownership of this facility to take much more time than what you are telling me.”
The priest laughed, “You suspect me?”

Nic growled in response, “this shelter is far from being done with, especially by you. Energy has yet to be delivered to the city, or even the suburban areas of those once human established colonies. The other plants and factories have nothing to get them going again, and you’re telling me that you are done here? Noia would be displeased to hear that you’re willing to hand over an unfinished project to Cutter, who is as equally destructive as the Doctor. This facility would collapse.”

The priest waited patiently for Nic to finish before responding, “Then we’ll leave Kira here. I’m sure his father wants him in charge of something; give the boy something stable to rule.A small project. Something simple where his killing of anything that walks by won’t be held against him.”

“No,” Kira muttered, “I won’t facilitate your stupid power plant. I won’t stand guard and babysit every trained zombie and talker you put in here. I’ve changed over the last few days. I deserve something better than your washed up projects.”

The priest shook his head and clicked his tongue before directing his attention back to Nic, “to be honest I’m bored with this. I’m tired of dealing with these humans… hopeless humans. They have given up on everything and believe in nothing. They are filled with as much life as the undead guarding them. They don’t need me to put fear into their hearts or ambition into their souls. Both of those things have come to pass. Within the day power will be turned back onto the grid. The humans shall reclaim what they believe to be their greatest assets, and hope will be given to them. An envoy or two will certainly begin to head back in this direction in hopes to make contact. Therefore this place must be guarded, against human discovery. They can’t be allowed in. It’s not a job as easily done as you assume it to be.”

“So, it should be you to stay and guard this precious territory,” Kira retorted bitterly.

“No. Like I said I’m bored with this project,” the priest said curtly, “I’m done here. My work is better expended on the human nations about to re-form. The colonies getting ready to sprout back up in the cities. It’s time for me to return to the King, time for plans to be made, and once again time for me to lead a takeover.”

“You presume too much priest,” Nic hissed at him.

Teric tried to budge from the podium, but it seemed as if the priest wanted her to hear the petty bickering between the Necrolords.

Nic continued, “The king does not work like that. He uses you, and one of us to infiltrate these pathetic colonies while Noia and the Doctor prepare the armies that will integrate behind the scenes.”

The father scoffed, “It is time for new plans! A new strategy. Besides I want to spend some… bonding time with my new daughter.”

Finally he released Teric from the podium by stepping away from her back. She breathed a sigh of relief glad to no longer feel him against her. She rushed off to the side of the podium but didn’t leap away. She just stood wondering if the priest was safer than the two beneath her who had also lied to her.

“It’s time to see what she is made of, and it is also time to test Kira’s capability as a ruler. It’s time for me to head back to the king. I can take Kira and Teric with me in order to finalize plans. I believe the few who reside here will be more than happy to accept you as there temporary authority Nic. I suppose it would be a golden age for them… well it will only be golden so long as Skitz and Phran remain asleep. Until Noia can figure out which of the survivors will go to Dr. Sado and who will be going to her farm territories.”

“What makes you think I would go with you!” Teric interrupted loudly, “What is this? You hardly have any respect for the humans, and you sure as hell don’t have any respect for us!”

The priest grinned with an unholy look about him. He grabbed Teric’s thin wrist once again, “get angry at me little girl, go ahead, start laughing. Noia tells me when you laugh you lose your doll like disguise and you turn into the person you truly are. A killer; a killer who laughs alongside of death.”

“YOU DID THIS TO ME!” Teric’s blue eyes began to fade and a flash of red glimmered across. She pulled her arm from his grasp and held it above as if she were preparing to attack back. Teric realized that the anger and the frustration helped her move past her fear. She could replace one emotion with another if she could stay focused. She retracted her hand and balled it up into a fist. Should he make another move she’d slam him, until then she’d just have to wait for the opportunity to present itself.

The priest nodded approvingly, it’s what he was hoping for. He wanted to see the monster he made even if it was just a glimpse.

“I suppose the best way to fight you is to start by not feeding your ego,” Teric hissed.

Nic countered, “Well, I do believe your family bonding shall be most informative. I do agree with you on one aspect, Priest. It’s time you go back to our King. Noia worries when you are gone from her for too long, and it would be better if you gave them a report in person rather than have it come from me. Especially that whole bit about you being ‘bored’ here. I’m sure the King would be most interested in that.”

“I’m sure he would,” the priest agreed, “I have plans to present to him and for many of our dwindling numbers. What I have to say shall certainly intrigue the man, as it always does.”

Nic sneered, “Take the two children. I willingly agree to preside for now. It is me who you wish to watch over the humans? I can’t say I’ll make such a stellar guardian with Skitz or Phran at the helm.”

“Yes, yes, Nic you have inherited my responsibility for the time being.” The Father waved dismissively.

Nic stared up in surprise before grinning devilishly, “good, that kind of order will keep Skitz and Phran from running amuck.”

“Ready a vehicle!” the Father yelled. No one seemed to take the order, at least no one who Teric could see in the room with them carried out the order. Teric could hear the scuttling of the guard outside the hall moving to fulfill the request of the leader.

“This will be interesting…” Kira anxiously whispered under his breath.

The priest and Nic moved to exit the hall together but as they walked to the end Nic lingered long enough to pass a message to the two young Necrolords.

“You will be needed momentarily. Take this time for yourselves; it may be the last bit of time you get alone.” Nic swept out and caught up with Father Joseph to ensure that proper preparations were being made for her to inherit leadership from him.

“Teric… I’m sorry… I should have told you… I was afraid…” Kira began his statement but Teric interrupted before he could finish.

“You were afraid I had changed, become a different person, and with no memory of my past I WAS a different person. You did nothing to bring me back, to save me from the monster inside!”

Kira looked away ashamed of himself and Teric continued, “or perhaps maybe you were never afraid of my change. Perhaps you had wished for me to become more like you. To have another monster to be with, just like yourself so that you could be more comfortable with how you live!!!” Teric screamed in the boys face. “I’m done with you Kira, I don’t want you in my presence. I’d sooner seek out the Priest for comfort than return to you.”

Kira’s red eyes were unable to meet hers.

“I’m done here,” she growled. Teric exited the auditorium leaving Kira alone.

“You’re done for now,” he whispered to himself. “We try to fight it, and then we grovel back desperate for the help, aid, and the comfort of one another. You can’t escape this curse or me, Teric. It’s only a matter of time until you hurt someone and come back to me.” He smiled weakly to himself proud of his foreknowledge and experiences. He knew that with time she would be his; she had to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well... I've made it this far. I've got 20 pages left... might as well finish this as I promised myself. Not going to lie though, I'm getting tired...