Sequel: NightCurse

Welcome to the Black Parade

Back Home

Chapter name: Back Home

After Mikey’s stitches were done, Cheyenne and Gerard were able to come back into his room. The black paint was chipping off of the walls to reveal gray, and the room smelled of bleach and Pine-Sol. The linens were ghost-white, and a few of the edges were fraying apart. The pillows were hard, and the bed was out-used. The hot-pink curtains were half-way open, and the air was blowing a cool zephyr into the 87-degree room.

There was a white desk with paper and a black pen near the window. Gerard began sketching something onto a blank sheet of paper. The picture soon showed a house on a rainy day. Thunder shot through the sky in this picture. In the middle was a guy with his heada down looking at the sidewalk. He wore a frown on his face.

Cheyenne sat in a fuschia chair next to the bed and stared at her black sneakers with bright-red shoelaces. She began to day-dream about walking on a beach at night all by herself. The sand was cooled off. As she stepped in each chilled puddle, she jumped up and let out a quiet scream. Soon, the ocean came to her and tickled her toes with its bathwater-warm waters. Gerard and Mikey eventually came with her. Mikey was feeling way better.

Then, the nurse came into the room and interrupted her fantasy. “Mikey has to stay for a few days,” the nurse announced, “We have to monitor him to make sure he’s alright. You guys have to leave until he’s ready to go home.”

Cheyenne began to worry once Again. What if he wasn’t going to be alright? She had a gut feeling that he wasn’t. She tried to escape to her fantasies, but she was unsuccessful. She nearly started to cry when Gerard tapped her on the shoulder to urge her to leave the room. He quickly said goodbye to his brother and left. Cheyenne didn’t even have time to say goodbye to him. When she was in the car, she just numbly stared out of her window. Her emotions were completely drained out of her, and an enormous void filled where it was supposed to be. Rain pattered at the windows as they drove off. Neither of them said a single word.

When they arrived home, Cheyenne went into the basement and lied on the couch there to try to fall asleep. She was unable to fall asleep for two hours, however. When she did, she kept on having vivid nightmares about something horrific happening to poor Mikey. She shrieked during each one then woke herself up.

Gerard was also in the basement at his desk with lots of paper. Cheyenne’s nightmares kept on interrupting Gerard’s concentration. He was eventually over-frustrated and threw a drawing with a vampire sucking the blood of a small child at the window and went back upstairs to have some coffee.

Cheyenne eventually gave up with sleeping at 1 AM. She climbed back up the stairs and made herself a cup of coffee. Gerard was asleep in a chair with his head on the kitchen table. He still had half a cup of coffee left. It had to be sitting for at least four hours.

Cheyenne’s coffee was soon ready. She poured it into her cup and brought it over to the table. Some of it dripped onto Gerard’s arm, and his head promptly jerked upward. “What the,” he said in a daze.

“Err, sorry,” apologized Cheyenne, “My coffee accidentally dripped onto your arm.”

“Ugh,” he replied. Then, he walked down to the basement to draw some more. He kept drawing things like thunder striking a tree and electrocuting some guy underneath it, a helpless kitten having its blood sucked out by vampires, and a lot more horrible situations. He couldn’t bring himself to draw something happy. Every time he tried, it ended up being some sort of tragedy. He then moped around and finally called it quits. He crawled upstairs and into his bed. He didn’t even bother changing into his pajamas or even brushing his teeth! He found Cheyenne asleep in his bed. He didn’t feel like waking her up and stuff, though. He soon fell asleep.

In his dream, he was shopping with Frank at the mall. Surprisingly, Frank was looking a the girls’ clothes and trying them on. Gerard found a shiny belt with a peace sign on it and put it on. He then found a tie-dye shirt and jeans. He undressed in front of everyone in the store and tried on his new clothes. The, he was at a concert wearing the same clothes he took from the mall. He didn’t even remember paying for them. Frank was wearing a pink dress. Ray was dressed as a clown. Mikey was in a unicorn costume. Bob wasn’t even on stage. He was their bodyguard. He was wearing the most ridiculous outfit of all of them. He was wearing a pink shirt with purple pants. His shirt had Miley Cyrus’s face on the front and back. The drums played themselves. They were rainbow-colored.

Soon, the concert began. First, Mikey started the into with his bass. Then, Ray’s guitar started to float up into the air. Frank began smashing his guitar off of the drum set. That’s when Gerard began singing the Barney song. The crowd went wild! He started to scream the ending of each sentence. The crowd loved them!

That song was soon over, however. All four of them paused. Then, Bob hopped onto the stage. That’s when Bob started to scream the Star-Spangled Banner. Frank kept hitting his guitar off of the drum set, and Mikey continued to play his bass like Ray’s lead guitar. Ray’s guitar floated about Gerard’s head. Then, it started to club Gerard in the butt. Gerard stepped away, but it persisted. Soon, he was being chased around by Ray’s guitar! Ray then grabbed Mikey’s bass and rammed it against the drum set. The crowd cheered exuberantly. Mikey snatched his bass back, though, and began playing Ray’s parts on the bass.

Gerard finally captured Ray’s pesky guitar and pinned it to the ground. He then began smashing it off of the sides of the cymbals. Ray took it, however, and started to hit it against the bass drum.

It was soon Gerard’s turn to sing, so he began to sing, “I’m a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world.” The crowd soon began to throw cheese fries and pretzels at him. That’s when he felt warm liquid trickle down his legs. He glanced at his legs but saw no source of water. He started to sing again. He felt it again. He was confused, even though the other sights were more bizarre. The completely invisible liquid streamed faster down his leg. He told the audience that he had to take a break. Then, he went backstage.

Backstage he heard a shriek. The shriek sounded as if it were coming from Cheyenne, but he hadn’t brought her along! The shrieking became louder. It was soon so loud that it woke him up.

He woke up in his bed. Shrill shrieks pierced through his ears. He ripped the covers off of him and Cheyenne and had discovered that Cheyenne had wet the bed. She was still asleep, and the screams persisted. Gerard shook her awake. He then flicked the lights on and took the blanket downstairs to get washed. He then walked back upstairs and urged Cheyenne up. He then grabbed the sheets off of the bed and popped them in the washer.

Cheyenne climbed into the shower. She massaged her face as the almost coffee-hot water splattered her lethargic and groggy body. She lathered he dry, malnourished skin and rinsed off. In about 15 more minutes, she turned the shower’s knob to off and stepped out of the shower. She then dried herself. In the meantime, Gerard was showering down in the basement as his bedding washed. After she was dressed, it was about 10:30 AM, so she didn’t crawl back into bed. She joined Gerard for some coffee. They didn’t really talk much. Then, until 12:30, she fooled around with Gerard’s Sims family and made them do ridiculous things.

Gerard received a phone call from the hospital at about 2:30. It was about Mikey…
♠ ♠ ♠
Erm...

=-/