Sequel: NightCurse

Welcome to the Black Parade

The Fright

When they were in Mikey’s hospital room, he was still asleep. They woke him up a few seconds after they walked in the door. He put on his glasses and yawned. Then, he glanced at them. Suddenly, his face filled with terror.

"Wh-h-h-h- who are you?" asked Mikey's trembling lips as his eyes stared into his brother's.

"Stop jokin' around, Mikey," said Gerard in a serious tone that disguised his worry for Mikey.

"Mikey?"

"You. We both know you're pulling our leg. Right, Cheyenne?"

"Uh, Yeah!" is what protruded from Cheyenne's nervous lips. She stared at Mikey with puzzlement and worry. Then, she glanced at Gerard.

"Answer who you are before I get the police!" Mikey shouted at both of them.

"I'm your brother, Gerard!" shouted Gerard, "and she is the girl I rescued from the fire. Stop with the pranks, NOW!"

Mikey screamed for help. Of course, the nurses and doctors shot through the door as fast as a bullet after hearing his scream.

"What's wrong?" one of the doctors screamed.

"These people came in here, and I don't even know who they are! PLEASE take them away, NOW!"

"Don't be silly, Michael," replied a nurse, "Gerard is your brother, and Cheyenne is his child."

"Who the Hell is Michael?" Mikey screamed at all of the room's inhabitants.

The doctors and nurses became silent and tried to think about what to do. then, one of the nurses finally asked, "Who are you?" to see what he'd answer.

"I, I, I, I don't know, actually," he answered back, "How'd I get here, anyways?" he asked in a timid voice.

Cheyenne felt a sudden flood of emotions. She tried to hold them in, but holding such emotions in is like trying to survive a ten-story drop. She first chewed on her lip until blood flowed a tiny creek down her cheek. When that happened, she had to stop. She then began chewing her nails. Her nails were exorbitantly short, though, so that barely helped. She then began kicking the bed. A few seconds after she started, Gerard poked her on the back and shook his head to get her to stop. She had no way to distract herself from the over-flowing river of darker-than-midnight emotions, so she tried to stay as strong as a champion wrestler about it. After five minutes of that, though, she was no longer able to handle it. A droplet slid down her cheek followed by another. Another followed that. She soon let the over-flowing river out and drained it from her body through her eyes. She was unable to keep quiet. Her eyes poured all over her body like a terrible rainstorm. She kneeled on the floor with her head face-down near the foot of the bed.

Mikey was obviously saddened by this, because he crawled on the floor with her and asked what was the matter.

Of course, Cheyenne could give him no easy answer. She was confused, sad, and worried all at the same time. She knew that he had lost his memory, and she completely blamed herself for it. If she hadn't recklessly walked in front of that truck, he'd still have his memory. What'd happen if he never remembered who anyone was ever again? How would MCR play without his extraordinary, magical bass super-powers? Would Mikey ever be happy again? A plethora more of troubling questions zoomed through Cheyenne's head like a NASCAR race.

Of course, Cheyenne wasn't the only one whose emotional river was over-flowing. Mikey was confused and also felt sad for this little girl who could've sworn he never met in his life. He was also confused about how that strange, long black-haired man could possibly be his brother. One of his worst confusions, though, was himself. He didn't know anything AT ALL about himself. He didn't even know where he LIVED! He had no idea what to do next, so he just sat there in bewilderment.

Gerard had to be the strong one, though he felt weak and depressed. His brother had always been one of his best friends in the universe ever since Mikey was born. Now all that was gone. He also worried greatly about Cheyenne. He could tell that she obviously wasn't taking this easily. e knew she already was extremely unhappy, but he never saw her cry so much. he felt like crying right beside her.

Gerard knelt down beside Cheyenne and embraced her tight. He nearly started to cry, but he knew he had to at least appear strong for them. "It's going to be alright, kid," he said in only half-belief of his words. He then kissed her on the head quietly and continued to hug her. She quickly fell asleep in his arms from the exhaustion of crying so much. He just held her for about twenty minutes when he could no longer hold her.

Mikey reluctantly moved back into the house still without his memory. A strange doctor came to see him every day. He had once left his notebook on accident, so Cheyenne doodled all over it. Mikey DID remember how to play bass, which was a surprise even to himself when he picked up his guitar. He had to learn the songs all over again, though. Learning them would at least release him from the pressure of everything else for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it. I have the next chapter typed out, but I have to go to bed, now. I think the next chapter is going to be way better.