Sequel: NightCurse

Welcome to the Black Parade

The Concert

The band arrived at the concert with only fifteen minutes before it began. They only had fifteen minutes to apply their make-up and change their clothes for the concert! When they arrived at the door, they rushed to the back-stage where they were going to dress for the concert.

Cheyenne put on a black-and-red dress and her make-up then sat next to Ray with Mikey's bass. Mikey sat next to his brother in his wheel-chair. He would have to sit in the audience that night.

The fifteen minutes were soon up, and Frank and Bob were still not ready. The zipper on their coat would not zip up, and Frank couldn't find his guitar pick. He looked almost everywhere, and it was no where to be found. He searched through all of the guitar cases for a new one, but there were no extras. "What am I going to do?" Frank thought to himself. He then went back to his car to search for his lost guitar pick.

First, he searched the trunk for the pick. He looked through bags upon bags with no result. He then checked his watch. They should've been through the first song right now. He then slammed the trunk shut and searched the seats for the pick.

He found some contact solution, a pair of scissors, an odd, crumbled up drawing, a pen, a stick of post-it notes, an old Hershey's bar that was half-eat, and a Spanish dictionary but no pick. He then began to search the floor. On the floor sat an old, moldy grape, a chewed-up pencil, 18 paper-clips, an old photograph of Ray,a wrapper from a veggie burger, and old fries, but still no pick.

After that, he searched through the glove compartment. He found a pair of sunglasses,a lead pencil, a phone number that was unrecognizable to him, his iPod, and a sun visor. No pick. He then SLAMMED it shut and checked the clock in his car. They were 30 minutes late. "Damn it!" Frank shouted boisterously.

That's when he noticed Gerard running to his car. He was holding something in his right hand, but Frank couldn't see what he was holding.

"When I announced to everyone what had happened, a fan told me you could borrow this," Gerard said. He then handed Frank a royal-blue guitar pick with golden sparkles.

"Wow, thanks!" Frank said.

"No problem."

Frank just smiled at his best friend.

"We better get going," Gerard said.

"You're right."

They both then ran into the doors and to the backstage where Frank's guitar sat waiting for him. Everyone else (besides Mikey) was on stage waiting for him to return with a pick. He put his guitar on and dashed for the stage. The crowd cheered as he appeared on stage.

Gerard took one last look at his make-up. It appeared to be perfect for the concert. He then brushed his hair one last time and put his brush down on the table. He then noticed that one of his nails needed to be cut. He did that then scurried to the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the black parade," Gerard said enthusiastically. The crowd cheered them on. Then, they began to play "Welcome to the Black Parade." The crowd continued to cheer for them even more. Cheyenne played her parts perfect. She felt exhilaration playing the songs perfectly upon the stage. Gerard was right; She did feel great upon that magical stage. Well, at least it seemed magical to her. The crowd kept cheering them all on.
♠ ♠ ♠