Sequel: NightCurse

Welcome to the Black Parade

The Car Ride

In about ten minutes, they were off. Cheyenne's stomach churned like the waves of the ocean,and her head felt like someone smashed it off of the dashboard twenty times. The stuffiness of the room was like a noose, almost suffocating poor Cheyenne. She lied back in her seat quietly and attempted falling asleep.

Everyone was extremely noisy, so Cheyenne found it hard to sleep. She suddenly felt extremely dizzy, and the image of the vehicle suddenly blurred. Everyone was paying attention to the conversation the others were having, so nobody noticed how ill Cheyenne felt.

"When are we getting the van?" Ray asked as he sat on the floor of the small car the six of them were confined in. Cheyenne and Frank were the only ones who had room in the tiny car, and the rest of them were squished together like peanut butter and jelly.

"We aren't," Gerard announced, "It broke down before it got here, and it no longer starts. I'm looking for a new one to purchase, though, so we won't be squished in here for so long. This car is way too small. When we get the new one, we could send this one home if Frank wishes." Cheyenne suddenly fell asleep in her seat.

"We better get it soon," Mikey said, "I don't know how much longer I could actually take this. It's torture being squished like this. I feel like a sardine."

"Agreed," Bob said.

"Yeah," Ray agreed.

It was unanimous they desperately needed a new car. They also needed a much cleaner car; Frank didn't even remember the last time he had a change to clean it. At least it didn't smell like rotten vegetables like it did their last tour. The stale smell of the air was only partially masked by the lemony air freshener, however, and it made Frank feel horrible. That wasn't the only problem, however. Unknown, invisible mold secretly hid on the ceiling and gave the car an even worse smell.

They sill had at least 30 minutes to get to the shopping center they were traveling to. The traffic was getting quite heavy, and Frank was beginning to feel like Cheyenne. It was dangerously difficult for him to concentrate on the road. He had a headache that felt even worse than Cheyenne's, and his stomach was in knots. Even though he never trusted anyone else with his car, he considered letting Gerard drive. He felt as if he were about to fall asleep on the spot. He needed to ind a place on the busy highway to give someone else the wheel, or he feared that they'd become critically injured.

He searched the highway for a rest stop to get off at. There was one! He began to pass over to the other side of the highway, which was 4 lanes across. The rest stop was only 500 feet away, and he still had to cross the entire highway. He sped a bit and was soon only 2 lanes away. He began to pass to the next lane, but that had to be the busiest highway lane he'd ever see in his entire life! He didn't know if it were possible to get into such a lane. Carefully, he began to maneuver his car over to the other lane. This was a difficult and vexing task for him. Would he accomplish it?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's pretty short. I am hoping to update tomorrow, because I have the next chapter written out.

Check out http://www.myspace.com/hermitcrab2006 and add them. :)