Sketch Girl

Everyone needs a little encouragement

Hi there!

No over here!

Okay look to your right a little...

Yes stop right there!

Hi nice to meet you.

My name is...

Well actually I don't really have a name. You can just call me Sketch-chan for now I guess. I'm four months old and my favorite food is fried rice with eggs, pork, and vegetables. That last one is mostly because that's all my creator can draw food wise.

Oh?

Did I not mention I'm not a real person?

Nope yours truly is a drawing.

You see my creator is a manga artist. Sorta. He hasn't made his debut yet but everyday when he comes home from his part time job he draws to get better. And one day he drew me!

Now most of you probably don't believe me. You probably think this is all a dream or hallucination. Oh yeah I know some pretty big words.

Well you can believe what you want to but I'm real. Or well as real as a girl drawing can be. Anyway we got off track.

Those who do believe me probably want to know how this is all possible. Talking drawings?! Impossible!

Well not exactly.

You see when a person is feeling exceptionally happy or exceptionally sad and they draw something those feelings are transferred to their drawing. There are even cases where someone will simply feel nothing and give birth to one of us. All in all a person has to give something to bring us to life instead of just creating a doodle.

So yeah that's how I got here.

Still don't believe me that's okay. I have nothing more to say to you people about me. Instead lets introduce my creator.

Max E. Wrep. Yeah that's his real name.

22. Lives alone. Single. Enjoys long walks through the park. Drawing. And can cook.

In case any of you single ladies out there were interested.

Anyway Max is very good at drawing but most of the time his heart isn't into what he does. Rejection after rejection on his storyboards have lowered his self confidence. Most days after he gets home he simply stares at a blank page for hours on end.

Sometimes its hard to watch.

So when ever he has a bad day I jump into his computer and send him an email.

What?

Oh you're wondering how I can do that. Well just because I'm a drawing doesn't mean I'm limited to one piece of paper. I can move from paper to paper to pictures even paintings. And since you can now scan paper onto the computer it's simple for me to jump there too. That explain everything for you?

Good.

Now back to what I was saying.

Since Max needs cheering up at least twice a week I made a new email account and became his sorta pen pal.

Do they even have those anymore?

Anyway I let him vent to me about his editors and bounce story ideas off me. I also send encouraging emails telling him not to give up. Because lets me honest everyone needs a little encouragement from time to time.

Anyway since I've started doing this Max has had three of his manuscripts published. Although none were made into a series. I believe in my creator. He will do amazing things one day. I mean how else to you explain how he created me?
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah I was at work thought about what it would be like if doodles could come to life. This was the end result.