Sketch Girl

The assistants

Hello agian!

It's been a while.

I have good news and bad news.

So Max finally got one of his series published in a monthly magazine! Hurray! I mean it's a small magazine that hardly anyone reads but that's not the point! The point is he is getting published!

The bad news is Max lost his favorite assistant.

Normally this wouldn't be so terrible. Except for one small problem.

Max can't draw backgrounds.

It's not that he's terrible at it. On the contrary he's very good with buildings.

The problem is welll....

He has trouble keeping everything consistent.

He can draw a building in one scene and the next time you see if everything will have changed.

The size.

The shape.

Sometimes even the name.

Which is why Assistant-kun was so important!

Darn him for getting his own weekly series and having to quit.

Anyway the new assistants are showing up today and Max is a little on edge. I mean wouldn't you be too if everything you had done was riding on a few small details? Well big in his case but you get the point.

Unfortunately I can't do anything while they are here.

When other people around I have to become nothing more then a drawing.

I mean wouldn't you freak out if you saw a doodle you had done start to move and talk?

I thought so.

Anyway I have a plan.

Max you see is going to test them by having them work on pages he's already done. When they're not looking I'm going to jump to the pages and "test" them in my own way. If they pass then I don't see any reason why not to hire them. If not well...

Let's just say I know a few people in the editorial department.

Believe it or not editors doodle too.

They're just not very good.