Status: Back and updates inbound

The Shadow of the Moon

Chapter 4- Another Secret (Shadow's Pov)

I wake up sweating. The bond I share with Luna was really vivid this time. "And now she knows about me." I murmur, "She wasn't supposed to find out about me until she Awakened, but I can see Father's reasoning.." I sigh rubbing a hand across my face. *I have to go to her.* I think, kicking off my bed covers. *I have to tell her the truth before she finds out on her own.
Eclipse walks into my room as I pull on my trousers. "Shadow are you ready for the hunting trip?"
she asks. *OH BY THE PANTHER HIMSELF!!* I think frustrated. "Yeah, about that.." I say aloud. "Do NOT even think about cancelling again Shadow!! You need this training if you are ever to become a successful Guardian!!" Eclipse says jabbing a finger at my bare chest. I rub the spot she poked absently as I tell her, "But this is Duty Eclipse. My parents and everyone else at the castle was just murdered and now Luna is in danger."
Eclipse narrows her eyes. "And just how do you know all of this?"
"The bond."
Eclipse's eyes widen, "But Shadow, she hasn't Awakened yet..her powers will be out of control.. her instincts... Wait. Shadow. Has she Awakened early due to the trauma?" I shake my head quickly, "I wouldn't be standing here now if that was the case." Eclipse lets out a quick sigh of relief. Awakening early is extremely rare, but it has happened; and it can cause unseen problems with the Elite. Almost every Elite who has Awakened early has died or became insane.
"I have to go to her Eclipse."
"I understand. You have my leave." I didn't necessarily need her leave, but it would make things considerably easier if I had it.
"Thank you."
"Just go save her Shadow. The realm needs her. The Goddess needs her."
I nod and pull on my shirt, heading to the balcony. I boost myself up onto the railing and then jump off, Shifting into a panther as I go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Double post and some key information in this chapter, again comments are always welcome, subscribers would also be amazing! :p