Say You'll Stay

Chapter Two.

We walked onto the small private beach behind Jase's house to see practically everyone from school there, all with red cups in their hands and standing around the giant bonfire that was radiating heat into the cool night air. Rydel, Charlotte and Rocky instantly walked towards their group of friends as I tried to find someone I might know. After standing there for around ten minutes Charlotte ran back over to me, she flashed me a killer smile before grabbing my hand and dragging me over to her friends where I saw Damon conversing with the group. I shot him a smile before looking down at Charlotte who was staring up at me with her big blue eyes.

"You're not spending the night over there on your own, Shor. Converse! Make some new friends!" She exclaimed and I smiled softly before shaking my head at her. "Guys, this is Rydel's little brother Ross, Ross, This is everyone." She said and everyone gave me small waves and smiles before saying 'hello' in unison. I blushed slightly before waving back and muttering my own greeting.

"You're so embarrassing." I stated with a chuckle and she raised an eyebrow as she placed a hand on her hip.

"Excuse me? If we're going to be friends, you need to get used to it, Shor." She stated as she flipped her hair over he shoulder and raised her eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes at her actions.

"So now you've decided we're definitely going to be friends?" I asked with a smirk.

"Eh, you seem okay. I think I can take time out of my busy life to make you a part of it." She said with a shrug and a small smile. I laughed lightly before looking down at her once again.

"Going for a drink, you want one?"

"I'll come with you!" She exclaimed before skipping off towards the house. I sighed softly before following her onto the empty lawn and walking through the open kitchen door where coolers and kegs were set up on the counters. She grabbed a red cup before going to one of the kegs and pouring some alcohol into the cup.

"You sure you should be drinking that?" I asked with a smirk and she rolled her eyes before passing the drink to me and pouring herself another.

"YOLO, Shor. We have to drink under age to get ready for the piss up that is adult life." She stated and I chuckled softly as I took a sip of the red liquid. It tasted fruity, not like alcohol at all. I rose an eyebrow at her as she practically downed the whole cup. She laughed at my facial expression.

"It's sangria, good isn't it?" She asked with a smirk and I nodded softly as I took another sip from the now nearly empty cup. "Jase made it for me, the last party we went too I complained the whole night because there wasn't any. I've had an obsession with the stuff ever since my holiday in Spain this summer." She said and took my empty cup before refilling it and passing it back to me. After the next glass (and a refill) we walked back towards our friends. She stood next to my sister and I stood next to Damon.

"Char looks hella good tonight." He stated and I nodded my head softly, looking at her across the group.

"She's a pretty girl." I said with a shrug before taking another swig of my drink.

"Think I'd have a chance?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow as he looked at me hopefully.

"I don't know, dude. You've never paid her any attention before tonight. She might think its the alcohol talking." I shrugged and he sighed softly, running a hand through his shaggy hair.

"Well, I'm not gonna know unless I try." He stated with a smirk and I smiled softly at him as he walked off. He stood next to Charlotte and smirked down at her, she looked up at him with a giant grin on her face. She gave him a small side hug and he muttered something that I couldn't hear in her ear. She blushed softly before shaking her head. I laughed to myself as Damon scowled and walked off somewhere. She looked at me briefly before making a gagging face and I couldn't help but tear up with laughter. She walked over to me, and I just laughed harder.

"Was that your idea?!" She asked, her face serious but her lips tugging up slightly in a small smile.

"I swear it wasn't!" I stated still laughing. "I told him not too! I said you'd think it was the alcohol talking, he did it anyway!" I chuckled and her eyes lit up softly, her smile breaking through as she laughed along with me.

The next time I looked at my phone it was around eleven that night and I was just starting on my seventh sangria. Everyone that had stayed at the party was now seated around the big camp-fire, some sat on chairs, others on blankets while most of them had already passed out on the sand. I was currently sat on a thick blanket from Jase's house, Charlotte was sat to my right, a bright red cup also in her hands.

"We are so fucked tomorrow. Who the hell throws a party on a school night?" Charlotte stated, her words slurring slightly showing that the alcohol was finally starting to effect her. I noticed I had started doing that two drinks ago.

"What was it you said? YOLO." I smirked and she giggled uncontrollably before hitting my shoulder. She laid herself down on the blanket and I followed, setting my drink down in the sand by my head.

"I love the stars." She stated, looking up intently into the night sky, her eyes twinkling in the moonlight. "There's just something so peaceful and magical about the night." She said and I nodded as I stared up into the never ending darkness. "Ross?" She asked and I mumbled, letting her know I had heard her. "Do you think we will always be friends?" She asked and I smirked as I turned my head to look at her silhouette that was just visible because of the large fire and moonlight.

"We've only been friends for a day, and you already want to be best friends forever?" I stated jokingly and she rolled her eyes, a small smile tugging at her lips.

"I feel like we have loads in common, I think we would make great best friends." She said and I nodded my head, smiling softly at her.

"Okay, friends forever." I nodded with a chuckle as she instantly stuck a pinky in my face. I wrapped my little finger around hers and squeezed it lightly before keeping them locked and placing our joined hands down in between us on the blanket. We stayed like that for the rest of the night until we had to go home.