Say You'll Stay

Chapter Eight.

Ross' POV

"Come on, Ross! Please?" Charlotte begged and I groaned as I ran a hand over my face and through my hair. She'd been begging me to go to a stupid concert with her for about two hours. And obviously I really didn't want to go. "Come on! I've wanted to see All Time Low live since forever! Their new album is out! It's going to be the best tour yet! And no one else will go with me and I have two tickets." She exclaimed sadly and I sighed as I looked into her pleading baby blue eyes. Those eyes melted my soul, and obviously made me do whatever the hell she wanted.

"Fine! Get your ass ready, we have an hour and a half before we have to leave." I stated from my place on the couch. She squealed and threw herself into my arms. I rolled my eyes but wrapped my arms around her and hugged her back. She let go of me moments later, kissed my cheek and practically ran out of the door to get ready. I climbed up from my seat and ran upstairs so I could get ready myself. I grabbed a towel and walked down the hall until I reached the bathroom. I walked in and instantly locked the door so none of my family could walk in. I put on the hot water and let it run for a moment as I stripped out of my clothes. I showered and washed my hair before I jumped out and wrapped the towel tightly around my waist. I walked back to my bedroom and I put on some tight jeans, a white t-shirt and a blue checked flannel shirt over the top with the sleeves rolled up. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed as I decided whether I should dry my hair or just let it air dry. I decided on the latter so I walked down the stairs to see Rocky, Riker and Rydel all sat at the kitchen table talking. When they heard me, they turned and looked at me with small smiles on their faces.

"Where are you going?" Riker asked and I groaned as I took a seat with them. I was across from Riker while Rocky sat next to me with Rydel across from him.

"Charlotte's making me go to some concert, I don't know." I stated as I ran my hands over my face.

"So she got you to go to that All Time Low show, huh?" Rydel asked with a smirk and I glared at her.

"Yes, she did. It's that look she pulls, I can't say no to that. It's like kicking a puppy." I said and they all tried desperately not to laugh whilst looking behind me. "She's behind me, isn't she?" I asked and everyone burst into laughter.

"You bet your ass I am, Shor!" She exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around my neck to hug me from behind. I ran a hand through my still slightly damp hair as I smiled softly.

"It's rude to eavesdrop, Charlotte." I stated with raised eyebrows as I turned to her and she rolled her eyes as she placed her hands on her hips. She hated it when I addressed her by her full name.

"It's also rude to talk about people behind their backs, but that didn't stop you." She commented back and I rolled my eyes as I stood up.

"Whatever, come on let's go." I ordered before saying goodbye to the others who were still snickering at the two of us. I ordered us a cab before grabbing my keys and wallet and walking out of the front door with Charlotte hot on my heels. Five minutes of silence later and the cab finally arrived. We both climbed in and I told the driver where to go before sitting back in the seat and putting on my seat belt. "Your lucky I like you. I wouldn't do anything like this for anyone else." I stated with a small smile and she giggled.

"Your okay too, Shor. Well, sometimes anyway." She smirked and I chuckled as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and brought her to my chest for a hug. We soon arrived at the venue and I groaned as I saw how many people were waiting outside. "You need to stop complaining! This could be you guys some day!" She said happily as she pointed towards the sign where the name of the band was situated. I chuckled at her enthusiasm before shaking my head.

"I very highly doubt that will happen, but thank you for being optimistic." I said with a large smile as I started walking us towards the entrance of the venue.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Okay, I'll admit they weren't as bad as I expected them to be." I admitted as we sat in a random cafe sharing a sundae after the concert. At my words Charlotte's face broke out in a smile as she dropped her spoon to clap her hands together.

"That has made me happier than the concert ever could!" She exclaimed as she picked her spoon back up and began digging back in to the heart attack in a glass in front of us. It was around 11pm but since we didn't have a curfew, we decided to stay out a little bit longer. I looked up to Charlotte to see her smiling happily to herself. I loved seeing her smile, it was one of the reasons I was glad I'd gone with her to the concert. I zoned out for a moment but crashed back to reality when Charlotte started waving her hand in front of my face.

"Earth to Lynch! Are you okay?" She asked, her concern for me was obvious as she furrowed her eyebrows, her mouth set in a straight line as she placed her hand on top of mine from across the table. I smiled softly with a chuckle as I squeezed her hand.

"I'm fine. Sorry, I zoned out a little bit." I stated in embarrassment, a small blush forming on my cheeks. I really hope I hadn't been staring that long. That would be awkward,

"I didn't know what happened! You scared the shit out of me!" She chuckled, her hand still holding onto mine. "One minute you were okay, the next you were just staring at me, I thought I'd have to smack you with the sundae glass at one point." She said with a sigh and I chuckled. She let go of my hand before running the hand I was holding before through her hair. Her once perfectly styled hair now stuck up in numerous places, but she looked cute so I decide against telling her. We both decided to head home, so we climbed up from our seats and made our way outside. I phoned a cab and we stood making small talk until it pulled up around ten minutes later. I told the driver my address before sitting back and putting my seat belt on. Minutes into the ride I saw Charlotte's eyes flutter shut as she leaned her head against the window. I rolled my eyes with a small smile as I pulled her arm so she was resting against me instead of the cold, uncomfortable window. We arrived home in around fifteen minutes, I quickly paid the driver before picking Charlotte up bridal style and carrying her towards my front door. I knew her parents went to bed early for work, so I decided just to let her stay at mine so we wouldn't disturb them. I grabbed the handle of the door and kicked the wood open with my foot. My brothers and sister were all downstairs so I motioned for them to be quiet as I silently made my way upstairs. She started to get heavy towards the top of the stairs so instead of walking further to Rydel's room, I simply kicked open my door and laid her on my bed. I quickly grabbed some clothes to sleep in and ran into the bathroom to get changed. Once I was done I brushed my teeth and quietly made my way back into the bedroom. Charlotte was sprawled across the bed, her head tucked in-between the two pillows. I chuckled to myself lightly as I stared at her sleeping figure. I turned on my TV with the remote before climbing into bed in the small space beside her. She cuddled close to me and I smiled as I placed my arm around her, bringing her more into my chest so her head was laid on me. She sighed in content as I nuzzled my hair into her hair and kissed her head. It was at that moment I realised, I had a crush on my best friend.