Fatal Attraction

I The Leaving

Emma's POV

This is it... we were done for. Brendon and I--- we were no more. And it hurt like hell, but no matter how much we tried, we could never fill inn all those gaps, which were appearing between us.

I was watching him, as I tried keep myself together. He sat on the couch, hiding his face in his hands. We were both unhappy, we were both miserable, and we knew that one of us had to leave this picture, otherwise, we both might lose our minds.

I picked up my suitcase and went for the door, but I also hoped that he will stand up, that he will ran after me, but it did not happen.

The door handle felt cold as I pushed it down and it let me out of our apartment, where we had lived for two years and a half.

I closed the door behind me, leaving him in there alone, and I felt how my heart sank and broke in thunderer peaces.

I got into an elevator, and even though my entire body wished to stay, I left the house, where I had been fighting for my happiness for so many days and nights. I got outside, got into the car and I left him. I felt Brendon, the love of my life.

Brendon's POV

I did not understand what was happening until she walked through that door. I think that I actually did get up and I did try to follow her, but something stopped me, because I soon found myself facing the door, but I did not wish to open them.

We were so similar, yet so different, and Emma was never really happy. We were fighting a lot, and she was no longer herself, nor was I. Those cuts on her wrists and tiny round stitches on my arms, which will probably never fade, proved that this attraction was rather deadly. And even though I loved her dearly, I could no longer let her fight with my demons, risking her own life.