Untitled (Will Come as I Go)

Chapter No. 1

"But you're always at work," the whining voice over the phone is one I hear quite often.

"I know my love, but unfortinanly we need a place to live and a box on the street isn't an option," I answer sympothetically.

"But, I'm tired of falling asleep alone," she's so cute when she's whiny.

"But you always wake up to me next to you don't you?"

"Yeah..." she pauses, "But only long enough for you to have to leave again," I can hear a genuine tone of upset in her voice.

"Macey, baby, I promise I'll try to be home before midnight tonight. As a matter of fact, it's what, eight now, I promise you I'll be home before nine-thirty, deal?"

"Deal. Gracelyn, I love you," her mood knowing somehow I'll find a way home changes completly.

"I love you too baby, I'm gonna go talk to Kevin about leaving okay?"

"Okay, oh Lynn..." I didn't wanna be Grace like everyone else.

"Yeah Mace."

"Can you bring me home food," she whines but in that cute whine you expect when someone asks for something.

"Of course love, just text me what you want, I really gotta go see Kevin or I'm never coming home."

"Well I wouldn't want that, bye sweetie, I love you."

"I love you too gorgeous, now go lay down, I'll be home soon."

I hang up the phone with a smile that quickly fades into a frown and a sigh. I have no idea how I am going to find a way out of work tonight.

I work two jobs. I work at a music shop teaching private lessons from 6a.m. to about 3 p.m. followed by a servers jobs at a little restruant from 4p.m. till about midnight. Or in tonighs case till nine-thirty so I can spend more than three hours, all of which I am asleep for with her.

Macey works too, it's not all on me, but she can only handle one job with her health in the condition it's in. A second job would just be too much on her heart and I'm not willing to risk it after almost losing her last year.

"Kevin," I approach him from behind. Silently until I say his name.

"Yes Graacely," he turns toward me... hovering a good five inches about my 5'3.

"Can I leave," I bluntly ask.

"Why?"

He knows my situation and how little I get to see my fiance to be, and I think because he has met her and like her he kind of gives me a good bit of leniencey. "I just, I haven't spent more than three hours a day with Macey in almost a month, I just want to spend a little time with her tonight is all. If not I totatlly get it. It is kind of a stupid request."

"Go home Lynn, you're good to go kid, have a good night," he rest his hand on my shoulder smiles and turns to walk away.

I smile, genuinly good people make my day, there are so few left in the world.

"Wait, Kevin, would you do me one more favor?"

"Mozzie sticks with a side of fries, a side salad and two sides of ranch to go,? I got ya kid, go get your shit together."

Again I smile, mainly because he knows her order to a tee. In all my bullshit jobs, Kevin is the only boss I have ever had that actually gives a shit about his employees, he's a good man if there was ever such a thing.