Nosferatu

Crystal Glass

"Slit your wrist and drain it into this cup," he said placing a decorative pocket knife in front of the young girl along with a crystal wine glass.

Lucy looked up at him in disbelief, her fingers trembling as she picked up the knife and glass. This man that was standing before her, in his suave suit, leaned against his walking cane was Clyde Morrell.

He had been the talk of the town for the past three months. Recently moved into the mansion on top of the hill he quickly drew the attention of the towns folk, especially the women. They said his hair would probably be the darkest shade of black you have ever seen until you looked into the man's eyes. Pure pitch black orbs of the deepest pits of hell surrounded by long lashes and a dazzling smile to top it all off. It seems the women always overlooked how pale his skin was, almost inhumanely so. Or his sunken in cheeks, that made him look sickly and the deep bags under his eyes like he had not slept in centuries. Those were simply minor details, easily overshadowed by the rest of his splendour. Not only was he handsome but superbly wealthy and that was the reason Lucy Dalton was sitting on his couch, in this hideous wedding dress with a knife and glass in hand.

"You want me to what?" Lucy finally managed to stutter out still in shock.

"Let's go over this one more time. I'm a vampire, see the teeth." He said as he opened his mouth while four white fangs protracted and retracted. "Vampires need blood in order to survive. I paid your mother a ridiculous amount of money for you sweetheart, therefore you slit your wrist and drain your blood into this cup, please and thank you."

This was the fifth time he had repeated himself, and Lucy was gradually starting to grasp the situation she was in. Her eyes scanned the room for the closest exit, a window on the far side was her best bet. She had only managed to get to her feet, before he was standing right in front of her, cane still in hand and smirk painted across his face.

"Sorry but you're not going to get away from me," Clyde said getting irritated from thirst, his velvety voice growing ever louder with each word.

As the reality of the situation had finally sunk in, Lucy's legs had given out beneath her landing on the floor with a soft thud. The glasses and knife still in hand.

Clyde took a deep breath, calming himself before he spoke. His voice came out softer now, soothing almost. "I won't kill you. You can live the rest of your life here and I will provide anything you wish for, as long as you provide me with your blood." Everything he had said was the truth. He had no intention of killing the girl, especially after all the trouble he had gone through to secure her. Feeding was a very troublesome task to him, something he would rather not have to deal with but in order to keep his sanity, a vampire must feed daily. Having one companion was a lot better than constantly bringing girls back to his home, at least in his opinion.

"How did you trick my mother into this arranged marriage!" Lucy screamed at him. No longer was she shocked and scared, now she was simply angry. Tears welling up in hers eyes, not from anger but frustration. "Tell me you scum!"

In reality she was not angry with Clyde, but more so her mother. Her mother was a very superstitious women, Lucy never understood it. She believed in everything from werewolves to ghouls, but the thing her mother was truly terrified of, were vampires. A notion that Lucy had thought was absolutely absurd, until now. She thought back to just before the wedding. Her mother had told her that there wasn't a finer man in the country. She said she simply wanted her to be happy, and she knew that this man could give it to her. As happy as her and her newly married husband would be while they lived their lives in luxury with the money Mr. Morrell would provide. If her mother had known, did she sell her regardless?

"Your mother is a very interesting women, she knew what I was as soon as she saw me," he said as if confirming her doubts.

He bent down and slowly pried the knife and glass out of her hands. His patience had run dry, he quickly picked up the girl and placed her on the couch. She didn't fight him, she knew she wouldn't win. He held her arm up and ever so quickly slashed the knife along it. She couldn't help but wince at the pain. As her blood spilled out into the glass cup, Lucy let out a small chuckle, so this was her life now.

"Why cut me with a knife when you have fangs?" She asked, her eyes not moving from the glass. She watched, as it filled with her blood.

"Because it's less painful for you like this," he said. Before she had a chance to ask why, he had brought her arm up to his lips and began sucking the blood out, moving up the arm along the cut. He released her and stepped back. The once deep cut now completely closed and healed like it had never been there in the first place.

Vampire saliva has extraordinary healing abilities however it made feeding rather painful for the human. He could only get a few sucks of blood before he had to repuncture the wound with his teeth and repeat until he was satisfied. Lucy had quickly figured this out without him needing to say it. Her hand now on her neck as she imagined being bitten into over and over.

"Let me show you to your room," he said taking a sip out of his glass.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't written a story about vampires since I was 12. LOL.
Secretly enjoying this cause I was a Twilight nerd once upon a time.