Status: Kind of prewritten. Slow updates

Always Be

Why Is It So Unfair?

"James, I will not let you buy me this shirt! It is beyond expensive!" I frowned, while motioning to the 550€ shirt in his hands.

"But Trey!! It looks good on you!" He whined

"Mister McLellan is correct, sir. The shirt does look nice." Luke backed up James.

"I don't care how good it looks. It is more expensive than my whole apartment in the USA."

"Okay... I won't buy it." He pouted, but continued to the register, and proceeded to buy it. He returned smiling brightly, while I was pouting.

"Onto the next store?" He asked, offering me his arm. I grudgingly took it, and we walked out of the store, Luke following close behind us.

"James, I'm hungry!" I whined as we walked into the second store of the night. My stomach loudly agreed with me and heat flushed through my face.

"Well, dinner's on me, so we'll go eat supper and then finish our date." He chuckled. I nodded in agreement and simply okayed his plan. He took my hand and led me to a series of shelves that were filled with men's jeans.

"What size jeans do you wear?" James asked, rifling through the stacks.

"28," I muttered quietly. I know I'm small but after wearing James' pants for the last two days, I realized that he isn't that small.

"What do you think of these?" He held up a pair of skinny Hudson jeans, "Go try them on... And don't look at the price!" I sighed and was about to walk into the dressing room when my phone rang. It was a number I thought I'd never see again.

"Trey! Thank god you answered!" A wretched, sobbing voice replied.

"What's going on?" I started walking out of the store. My sister has never cried like this. Not even on the night I was forced to leave her.

"It's dad. H-he's started hurting them. Annie, Jackson, even Jenna!" I gasped.

"Kels, go to the police immediately. Take the kids! You have to go to the police!" I rushed.

"Trey! You're the only one that won't go into foster care. All of us are under 18, and dad will go to jail."

"Then wait, but keep dad away from all the kids and don't bring your girlfriend around anytime soon." I warned her. She was right, they would all go to foster care, be split up. Slowly, I walked back over to James.

"Oh come on! I wanted t-," he stopped when he saw my face, my eyes glazed over with tears, "Trey, what's wrong? What happened?" He queried.

"I-I'm going to be leaving the country as soon as I can. I have to go home."

"Wait, Trey, why?" I pondered telling him the truth. He wouldn't see me again, and it's not like I couldn't trust him.

"My dad started abusing my siblings. I have to go home so that I can claim custody over them when he goes to jail."

"Trey, you're only 18, you have no source of income, how are you going to take care of them? How many of them are we speaking of here?"

"F-four," my voice cracked and tears stated slipping down my face, "there's Kelsey, Annie, Jackson and Jenna." He sighed and slipped his hand into mine.

"You're going to need a job, and a house. So I'm going to offer you a deal." I groaned internally, I just want my family to be safe.

"You come be my assistant in my Chicago business, and you and your family can live with me, at least until you can afford a house."