Status: Completed

505

The Story

"We'll meet at our spot in five years, alright? We'll go out and have a coffee, see how things are... Maybe get back together," My boyfriend of three years, Oliver Sykes, said. I was going to America to start my music career while he stayed here, in Britain.

"Alright, Oli," I whispered, not trusting my voice. I was on the verge of tears at any moment. He squeezed my hand tight. I stared into his eyes for the last time for a very long time.

"I love you," Oliver said clearly.

"I love you, too, Oliver," I said back. He sighed softly as they announced my flight was boarding.

"I'll see you in five years, I promise," Oliver said, hugging me tightly. I hugged back really tight.

"I promise, too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took a shaky breath as I got off the plane. It was five years since that day that I left the love of my life. I thought about him every day, and every night I dreamt of him. I gathered my things, and took a taxi to our spot: the park.

I couldn't wait to see Oliver again. I craved him. If he was with somebody, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Probably throw on a fake smile and act happy.

I went to the park, my mood peeking instantly as I saw a man that looked like Oliver sitting on a bench that should still have our names carved into it.

"Oliver?" I asked happily, going over to him. Oliver looked up and grinned, standing up.

"Josh! Hey!" He greeted. He hugged me tight, and I hugged back. He pulled away after a moment.

"How's everything going? I saw Bring Me The Horizon was doing well," I recalled, remembering seeing them a few times as the cover of the magasine, Alternative Press.

"Pretty goddamn well. It's so amazing. You Me At Six sounds awesome!" I laughed, thanking him. Wind blew, messing his hair up. He pushed it back and my mood dipped low. On his left hand was a wedding ring.

My mouth opened and closed a few times, trying to form words. "You're uh - You're married?" I asked. His whole face brightened.

"Yes, I am. She's amazing. Hannah Pixie Sykes. You really have to meet her! She's so perfect," He rambled, grinning like an idiot. I had never seen him this happy.

"Yeah. One day," I agreed quietly. His phone went off and he read the text.

"Oh fuck, mate. I got to go. We're supposed to be meeting about the new tour coming up and I need to be there. Hey, here's my number," Oliver said quickly, getting a Sharpie from his pocket and writing a number on my hand. "Text me sometime!" He waved, then walked away.

I sat on the bench and watched the love of my life, Oliver Sykes, walk away, trying not to let the tears fall from my eyes.