Status: By the way this story may contain spoilers even though Skyrim as a game is somewhat five years old. SO if you have not play Skyrim and are avoiding spoilers then do not read this story until you have finished the game entirely.

The Overwritten Saves of Skyrim

Chapter 1: Dragonborn meet the Dragonborn?

Ulf Strong-Winter awoke from his sleep in the middle of the night to the sound of a horse galloping in the distance, but it was off somehow like it was hollow. Ulf got up scanning the horizon and surrounding area, as light breeze sweeping across the plain. Ulf spotting a purple glow out of the corner of his eye as he saw what looked like a purple, flaming, skeletal horse coming toward him. However the rider of the horse was something else he or she looked like a Dremora. It seemed to be heading toward Whiterun, but Ulf couldn’t be sure. Ulf Readied his steel bow nocking the arrow aiming it at the horse rider. When he released the arrow it flew striking the horse. The horse disappeared into thin air, and the rider fell forward slamming into the stony road. Ulf slung the bow over his shoulder and grabbed his battleaxe charging the person who was getting up shaking it’s head looking up toward Ulf. Ulf slammed into the person sending them into the grass on their back looking up toward the starry night sky. Ulf placed the battle axe over his head to bring it down only to have a firebolt slam into his face sending him backpedaling. The person got up pulling a sword similar to the armor this person was wearing. The person used a thu’um that was unknown to Ulf as a light blue wind flew toward him. When it hit him his battleaxe was torn from his hand has it flew into the grass opposite of the road. Ulf was a bit surprised, but while in the heat of battle it didn’t matter. Ulf drew his steel sword and shield as he also shouted, “Fus Ro Dah!” Ulf roared in the dragon’s tongue the blue air flew and hit the person sending the person a few feet away. However it didn’t seem to faze the person as it just got up a few seconds later. Ulf growled under h is breath lowering into an offensive stance. The person did the same drawing a second sword identical to the one it held. Ulf and the person ran at each other slamming their weapons together. They let out a loud ting each time the sword collided. Sparks flashing in the night. Ulf rose his shield as the person went for a double power attack. Uld took the first hit fine but the person spun in place using the momentum of the spin to break Ulf’s block as it drove the sword forward one missed but the other dented Ulf’s armor bad. Ulf lifted his sword over his head slamming it down on it the person slamming into the dirt face first. Ulf raised his sword blade down to impale the person to the ground, but it rolled out of the way as Ulf slammed the steel sword into the ground getting it stuck between two stones in the road the sword well stuck, as Ulf hurriedly tried in desperation to get his sword out of the ground. Then he looked up to see the person shout another word of power unknown to him as a purple ring flew toward him. Ulf brought his hands over his helmeted face as he sailed through the air purple smoke erupting from him as if he was water under a hot sun. Ulf slammed into the ground his body felt like it was on fire, but at the same time he was freezing. Ulf let out a shaky breath as he just laid there unable to get up. He heard the person walk to the side of him it’s form silhouetted into the moonlight. It took of its helmet revealing a black and white female khajiit face with snow white fangs coming out from her mouth. Her eyes were also a similar white black sharp irises dividing the white orbs. She knelt down taking off Ulf’s helmet.

“Get away from me vampire scum!” Ulf growled out, his strength not yet back to him, “How in oblivion do you know how to shout like the dragons do? Did you get the Greybeards to teach you to use the thu’um?!”

“I was going to ask you the same thing Dog.” The vampire said as if the word ‘dog’ left a sour taste in her mouth.

“You must have gotten to be a werewolf from the Companions I presume.” The vampire said.

Ulf did not know what to say, “How do you know of this foul creature?”

“I was once the Harbinger, but that life didn’t suit me, once I became a vampire lord I found more power.” Rose said as if it was a no brainer.

“No you're bluffing, I’m the Harbinger of the Companions. Kodlak told me to be the Harbinger when I cleaned him of being a werewolf as he wished. Nothing that you say is neither true nor just Vampire.” Ulf said not believing for one bit of this blasphemy this Vampire spoke.

“Wait how do you know Kodlak wanted to be cleaned of being a werewolf? How did you know his request?” The Vampire said as if Ulf was lying.

“I know it because I did it.” Ulf said getting up shakily the stranger getting up. Ulf raised his fists swinging at the stanger.

She just simply dodged his right hook pushing him to the ground, “You think you can fight me in the state you’re in? I soul teared you I’m surprised you’re not serving me as a mindless zombie, but your weaken harshly I can do this all day.” the Vampire said dodging another punch as she grabbed Ulf’s collar throwing him to the ground, “I’ve killed Alduin the World Eater, I’ve defeated Harkon and took his throne, I’ve even have Mehrunes Dagon and Molag Bal on my side to crush. You. With.” The stranger said sending three kicks to the downed Ulf denting his armor in making it harder to breath for Ulf

Ulf looked at her with total confusion, “Wait what do you- say?” Ulf asked coughing up some blood in the middle of his sentence.

“I will not repeat myself Dog.”

“You said you defeated Alduin?” Asked Ulf getting up holding his armored stomach, “I’ve killed Alduin in Sovngarde, well not killed more like defeated I have no idea if he’s gone for good. But do you know the Thu’um Dragonrend?”

“Yes Dog, it’s how I brought Alduin and many other dragons to their knees and ripped them from the air-”

Ulf cut her off as he shouted into the air the very short he was talking about. The light blue fire cone launching into the air, “JOOR ZAH FRUL!”

“How do you know that shout?” she asked knowing the answer.

“Answer my question first bloodsucker. How did you learn it?” Ulf asked crossing his arms over his chest.

“By using an Elder scroll to see back in time to the very day it was used on the Throat of the World.” They both said in unison looking at each other dumbly, “You're lying!” They said together.

“Something isn’t right.” Ulf said backing away from the stranger.

“Oh what tipped you off?” She said venom dripping from the words, “But the thing is how can we tell if one of us is lying, or if we both are telling the truth?”

“But then what after that?” Ulf asked stroking his greyish dark brown beard.

“Let’s just go one step at a time Nord.” She said as she tapped her chin in thought.

“How about we go around people we know and see if they have any inconsistencies or if they remember and or know us both.” Ulf suggested extending his index and thumb at the vampire.

“Let’s not jump the bow.” She said a thought popping into her mind, “Did anything weird happen to you before or earlier to you?”

“I met another dragonborn.” Ulf deadpanned not sure if it was a jest or not.

“Oh for gods’ sakes.” She said facepalming, “Nord just be serious for a while? Now please answer the question!”

“Yeah, flashing colored numbers mean anything to you?” Ulf asked picking up his helmet putting it on.

“Yes, Now I guess we can try your idea Dog.” She spat.

“Do not call me that it an insult.” Ulf growled, “Why do we get a first name basis down?”

“I’m not taking orders from a weak Dog.” She spat again flicking Ulf right in between the eyes.

Ulf was thrown to the ground hurting his bruised chest, “Just give me your name Leach!”

“Don’t. Test. Me!” She hissed pointing at Ulf. Her words were dripping with venom her white eyes turning a fire red.

“Then give me a name.” Ulf hissed back as he got up pointing at her.

“Rose.” she said putting her helmet on.

“Now was that so hard Rose? My name is Ulf, Ulf Strong-Winter.” Ulf said dusting himself off.

Rose hissed at Ulf, “What now? Who do we got to first?”

“What about Jarl Balgruuf, The Greybeards, the Blades, Paarthurnax, uhm the Companions, and that’s all I got for people who I know for a definite that would know the both of us.” Ulf said listing off the few names on his fingers.

“The Companions are a no, but the rest maybe.” Rose whispered as she looked to the Hold of Whiterun, “I do not want to stay long.”

“I do not think you will have a choice with my armor.” Ulf said pointing at the many dents of his armor.

“You can’t wait to hammer out the dents, cosmetics are the least of our problems.” Rose said summoning the flaming purple horse, it let out a snort as it reared up on it’s hind legs.

“This is uncomfortable as Oblivion!” Ulf deadpanned again glaring at Rose under his helmet.

Rose sighed donning a black clock, which totally covered her form completely, “Fine, but I’m not going to converse too much and if it sunlight begins to come I’m staying in this cloak even more.”

“I don’t care.” Ulf sighed.

Rose got on Arvak putting up the cloak’s hood, “What?” She asked as she noticed Ulf looking at her doing nothing.

“Can I get on?” Ulf asked

“No.”

“Yes?”

“No.”

“I be longer.”

“Fine get on!” Rose said scooting up a bit as Ulf also got on her horse. The horse trotted down the stone road. Luckily there was no one to see a Nord holding onto a Khajiit on a purple flaming bone horse.

***********************************************************************************

“I feel like an idiot.” Ulf said as he struggled to stay the horse without gripping onto Rose’s waist as her shoulders were spiky and had no grip to them.

“You asked to get on.” Rose said as she began to approach the Whiterun stables. As she felmt Ulf grab onto her waist as he scooted up

“Why can I hold the reins. I’m bigger than you and I guarantee you can fit easier back here.” Ulf said pointing it out as if it was a no brainer.

“You will not. Avark is a summon one so switch roles is almost impossible, two I highly doubt he would let you.” Rose said as Arvak came to a stop with a snort.

“Let me try.” Ulf said as Rose got off.

“I give thirty septims you fall off before three seconds.” Rose betted as she held up the reins to Ulf as she dismounted Avark..

“I’ll take that bet.” Ulf said grabbing the reins a grin forming under his helmet (Thirty septims rich-) Ulf’s thought was cut short when Rose let go of the reins. Arvak bucked hard sending Ulf to the ground with a loud thunk. Then Arvak disappeared into thin air.

“Wanna try again sweety?” Rose whispered seductively. Ulf still face down in the dirt threw what he thought was thirty septims toward the voice. “Aww is the widdle puppy defeated?”

Ulf got up brushing himself off, “I am begining to hate you.”

“Bite me.” Rose shot back.

“You would like that wouldn’t you?” Ulf said walking into Whiterun

“Whoa whoa whoa I didn’t mean it-, get back here!” Rose said chasing after him into Whiterun.

***********************************************************************************

Rose caught up with Ulf as he stood in front of the blacksmith talking to Ulfberth War-Bear. She looked to the horizon to see the early sun rays peeking over the mountain. (Do the greybeards even want me up there? I mean I haven’t talked to them in ages… What was our last conversation anyway?) Rose thought losing herself to her thoughts, (Oh yeah it was about the blades and killing Paarthurnax. Hopefully they knew she hadn’t killed him and left him be.)

“I need to use your workbench is that alright?” Ulf asked giving Ulfberth a few septims.

“Sure you can use it.” Ulfberth said as he caught me staring at them whispering, “Is that a friend of yours?”

Ulf looked over his shoulder looking at me, “Yes.” Ulf quickly answered keeping his answer nice and short. They way they were talk made it seem casual, but anyone could tell they were trying to keep it to themselves. My heightened senses they came with my vampirism made it easy to hear them clearly.

I was snapped out of my stupor when my skin began to crawl. I looked down to my arm to see sunlight striking it. I lifted my arm as my arm began to let off a small stream of smoke sneaking out of the crack of my Daedric armor. I quickly wiped my arm back tightening the cloak around my form not letting a single beam of light touching my form. I walked over to the shadow casted by the building the steam slowly dissipating. (The light isn’t going to kill you.) I told myself, (That’s just your vampire blood reacting to the light to protect itself.) I shook my head walking over to them. (This is why I hate going to civilization.) Rose thought growling to herself, (I could go for a bite to drink… It would probably stave off this gods forsaken sunlight.)

Ulf walked up to her almost as if he could sense her anger, “You alright?”

“I’m fine, I just do not like the sunlight or many people.” Rose said looking to see a collection of passing guards staring at her, “In my- my world? Yeah let’s call it that, I am not necessarily the praised knight in shining armor that everyone looks up to.” Rose said as more people began to stop and stare, “I’m sort of hated and see as a monster? Outcast? Demon? Not even the vigilants of Stendarr get close to me never mind pass me by without a swing, slur, or comment. We’re going to where I’m more welcome when we plan our next more after the Greybeards and Paarthurnax were going to my place.” Rose said her voice dropping to a growl as she walked toward the Bannered Mare, “I’m going away from prying eyes come get me when you're done prettying up your appearance.” When she did not stick to the shadows. She took the back ways mostly avoided prying eyes. (I’m getting a room and locking myself in I am not like this.

***********************************************************************************

Ulf watched Rose walk away looking around like she was a criminal with something to hide. (Why is that woman so anti-social? How bad is she with her ‘world’?) Ulf thought as he made his way over to the workbench as he began to take off his armor to hammer out the dents. Ulf shook his head as picked up a hammer placing his chest piece on the flat metal bench as he rose the hammer beginning to hammer out the first set of dents. (Hmm, I mean she did kill Alduin it’s not like she let him live and destroy everything, but who in oblivion is Harkon? What does she mean by monster? Is she talking about her vampirism or something else? Should I even be trusting her? Why does this have to happen to me?)