Sweet n Salty

What Do I Want?

"I want to effect change in the world. I want my life goals not to end solely at surviving." - Mallory Smith.

That is my greatest want, summed up so perfectly. But how am I to do that, when I depend on the care of my family, and modern technology, and medicine? When I'm confined to my house because I, A) have no friends, B) have no job (I'm on disability), C) don't/can't go to school (they won't let me back until I have paid of a debt I accrued in 2016 after the biggest surgery of my life, that almost killed me).
I used to volunteer at Out Of Africa, but then I sprained my ankle, then I get severe tendonitis is my wrist from using crutches, and had to get surgery to correct that. Then when I was finally ready to go back... they wouldn't take me back - I had to apply as a 'new' volunteer all over again, and they denied my application, even though they knew about the extenuating circumstances that caused me to take a break in the first place.
I would give anything to go back there. But am I healthy enough? What if I have a health crisis? What if my potassium sky rockets, or my blood sugar is too unstable, or I get sick from the heat (CF makes me incredibly heat-sensitive), or I pass out, or I can barely breathe, or I'm too weak, or I have a pain crisis? So many things can go wrong!
Working with animals is my dream. And my ultimate dream was to work in big cat husbandry and conservation, either out of Africa or Asia. But that dream was too 'big', so I had to whittle it down to maybe just working/volunteering at the local zoo, or somehow going back to OOA (again, that is the dream right now).
As my health has more rapidly declined over the past 6 months, I have had to evaluate my bucket list, and what I really want to do before I die.
Go to Hawaii
Visit San Diego again
Cage dive with great whites
Interact with a big cat (at OOA)
Get a shiba inu
Visit NC with my best friend, and her family
Own a T-Rex costume (and play in it with my best friend)
Visit Japan again
Visit Korea
Relearn Japanese & Korean
Swim in the ocean with dolphins
Publish my book(s)
Go to Vancouver nIsland & away with whales
Finish reading all of my books!

That's all that I've got some more, but I'm sure that I will think of more to add, and maybe some to remove, as time goes on.
But more than anything, I want to leave an impression, a change in this world, that people can go, "Yes, she did that."