Sequel: The Hunter
Status: Got writer's block, so gave it a lame ending. Sorry~

The Hunter Version 1

Page 44

Toby around and Ben questioned exactly what their relationship was.
“Alright, it's about time.” Claire suddenly cheered and sprang to her feet.
“For what?” Ben asked, standing as well.
“The hunters always throw a massive party during their week here, which why you never see them in the actual city while they are vacationing. Granted, from what I was told, you never left your father's land much before you were taken to the island, so you never saw them either way.” Claire chuckled.
“Are you going as well?” Ben asked, wondering how he would get back to home without Toby or Claire to drive him.
She nodded excitedly and then smacked his back lightly.
“You are too! I got your father's permission, so come on!” She exclaimed and pranced away.
“Be excited,” Toby whispered to Ben.
Ben gave no reply, not sure if he was more nervous or frightened to be surrounded by so many killers, who would, no doubt, quickly become wasted or stoned. However, rather than demanding to be brought back to his house, as the past Ben would have, he followed after Claire, Toby at his side. As they walked, Ben noticed a familiar figure hovering jealously by a tree just out of hearing of the hunters and Guards. William's eyes met Ben's for a split second before Toby tugged Ben away into a run to catch up with Claire.

The Guards hung back, staying in the park for their own reasons, but the hunters chased after Ben and Toby, whooping and yelling at each other excitedly. They bounced about around the two boys as they tried to catch Claire, cracking jokes and shooting at each other with water guns they pulled out of seemingly nowhere. One of them, a man who had been introduced to Ben as Harrison, kept pace with them and chattered to Ben.
“We don't usually hang around outside of the vacation spot for so long, so we're a bit excited. Don't mind them, though, it's just fun and games. We aren't here to hurt anyone; anyone who was stayed behind on their island.” He told Ben, trying to comfort him.
It did not exactly work, however, as Ben assumed Max was at his island. Likely for his own reasons, but Ben felt depressed he would not be able to see Max. Especially not since he had been so excited to see him the past few days. Ben tried to push the thought of Max out of his head and attempted to look forward to the party. He assumed there would be some music and food, perhaps some sort of sports or competitions, which would surely be fun to watch. Toby watched his friend's expression for a moment before he focused his eyes on Claire. He did not like that he could not take Ben to Max, even for a little while, but Claire had said that it was strictly forbidden. Normal people did not just go to the islands, even when the hunters and half of the Guards were on vacation.
After frightening a good deal of people and running for a while, the group came to the doors of a massive, dome topped building. Ben and Toby were shoved into it by the hunters behind them and they scrambled to get out of the way and find Claire again. She was far ahead of them, Kain at her side, as they paused in the middle of the room to survey the crowd. The building could have held a good three hundred people, but the four dozen or so people flowing into it seemed to take up the space well enough. Music began blasting and the hunters started to bounce about even more, bumping into each other, singing out at the top of their lungs, wrestling, and just having an overall good time. The Guards who allowed their emotions to show through, finally, danced about with the Hunters or just chattered. Some of them, however, stood guard at the doors and any other entrances. Toby dragged Ben over to where Claire was being swung about by Kain and Ben wondered if she truly was not on vacation.
“Relax, Ben, and have some fun! You've been too tense this whole time. None of these people will hurt you.” She called as Kain dipped her down low to the floor and then pulled her up again.
“Toby, don't leave his side. We've got our job, you've got your's.” Kain rumbled.