Sequel: The Hunter
Status: Got writer's block, so gave it a lame ending. Sorry~

The Hunter Version 1

Page 47

sneak in here a few minutes before you came in.” Max said then added, “Speaking of which, care to explain what the hell is going on with your family? Vince told me a bit.”
Ben glanced down at his feet, not exactly sure what he should say. He wondered, for a moment, about how quickly Max and Vince had traveled between the city and the island when it had taken him at least three days to be brought back. Max's eyes turned to Ben after a moment and he smiled. He got back up to his feet and pressed himself against Ben once more.
“I've gotten permission to change the purpose of my island,” he whispered gently in Ben's ear, “It'll become the new vacation stop of the hunters and their companions. Meaning you.”
“The room's bugged, Max,” Ben warned him, shivering.
“That's fine. I've been asked to invite your brother as well. I hear he's been sniffing around for information on hunters, so I'll let him taste it first hand. But for now, unless he wants to hear his little brother groaning under my hand, he'd better stop listening.” Max purred, slipping a hand down Ben's side to rest on his hip.
Ben trembled slightly from nerves but also something else. He wrapped his arms around Max and molded himself against the hunter, lifting his head to kiss Max of his own free will. Max lowered Ben to the floor with a pleased murmur of assurance to Ben.

Ben woke wrapped tightly in Max's arms, Max gently stroking his hair. Ben took a deep breath and was about to get out of the bed, however he thought better of it and instead pulled the covers further up over themselves and nuzzled into Max's chest.
“Stop tempting me.” Max rumbled, his voice low and hoarse.
“This is revenge for what you did to me last night,” Ben snapped, but in good humor.
“If this is your idea for revenge, I don't mind at all.” Max chuckled
“Well, your idea of punishment was a kiss. I'm just learning from the master.” Ben sneered and Max laughed.
“You still remember that? I was sure you would have pushed it from your mind by now,” Max snorted.
Ben was about to reply when there was a knock on his door. His heart just about stopped; how was he supposed to explain what he was doing naked in bed with a man? He would hardly be able to move as it was.
“Ben?”
It was his father. There were few people worse that he could think of coming to his door. Max shifted, pulling his arms away, but Ben grabbed his hand and shook his head. He did not want Max to go anywhere.
“Not now, Dad.” Ben called, his voice cracking.
“I don't think you have a choice. Your...friend and his Guard are here, and they are not pleased. I need you to get down here, now.”
“Ah, shit, they found out already.” Max sighed and pulled away from Ben.
Max yanked on his underwear and pants and threw open the door. Ben's father sputtered in surprise and Ben swiftly ducked under the covers.
“Tell them we'll be down shortly.” He told Ben's father.
“What are you?! Where's Ben?!” Ben's father demanded, but Max shut the door in his face.
“I'll help you get dressed. Do you want to shower first or just get this over with?” Max said.
“I...think I should probably shower.” Ben replied shyly.

Claire was beside herself with rage when Max and Ben finally came down the stairs at a slow pace. Kain and Vince held her back as Toby stood patiently directly behind. She had been harassing Ben's father and Charlie was hiding against the railing of the second floor. He jumped in surprise when he realized Ben was not alone, but did not run away. He stared with wide eyes at Max, who grinned at