Sequel: The Hunter
Status: Got writer's block, so gave it a lame ending. Sorry~

The Hunter Version 1

Page 49

Max led Ben up the stairs as if he owned the place and opened the doors. A house worker shot Max a seductive smile, but he blatantly ignored her and made his way toward he library.
“You sure know your way around,” Ben commented dry, trying not to shoot a glare at the house worker.
“Your father gave me a tour after I mentioned that I would be helping your family tame William.”
“Oh. I see.” Ben nodded, and Max laughed.
Ben's father glanced up at them when they entered and pushed aside his work.
“I'd like some answers, Ben. Who is this man?” His father demanded, although he did not seem particularly angry or alarmed.
Ben knew that was about to change. That when he told his father that Max was both his lover as well as the hunter in charge of the island he had been stranded on, his father would not be pleased. However, he held back nothing, and told his father exactly who Max was.

“That could have gone better,” Max laughed as the two of them sat outside in the dark.
“Well, I was expecting worse,” Ben admitted with a laugh.
“I guess he could have separated us until Claire came to kidnap you. Or he could have tried to kill me.” Max said and chuckled.
“If I recall correctly, he did threaten to...three times.” Ben replied.
“I can tell the difference between a real threat and a fake one.” Max grinned and Ben snorted.
“Well, I had better get going. I need to make sure the love shack is ready when you arrive,” Max winked at Ben who had to choke back his laughter.
“Dear God, never call your base that again, please!” Ben begged and simply earned a light kiss from Max.
“See you in a few weeks.” Max purred.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup.
Lame ending.
Oh well.
Look forward to our next story; it's gunna be pretty dark.