Status: Active

It's Not Ending Well

one .

Pulling into the spot that his landlord had assigned to him, Beau Bennett parked his car, turned it off and pulled the keys out of the ignition.

Sighing shortly, Beau released himself from his seatbelt and opened the car door. He was moving into his own apartment that afternoon and he was actually nervous about it. He hadn't ever lived by himself before, so that was daunting enough all on it's own. Thankfully, his landlord had told him that his niece was in the apartment across the hall from him, so if Beau had any questions or needed any help with anything, he could go to her.

Grabbing a few boxes out of his trunk, Beau made his way into the building and took the elevator to the seventh floor.

When the elevator doors opened, Beau walked down the hall, looking at the numbers on the doors until he found the one that he had signed a lease for.

The door across the hall from him was propped open and Beau heard an angel-like laugh coming from inside. He wondered what was so funny, but he wondered more about the girl who was laughing like that.

Deciding that he had to find out for himself, Beau unlocked his door, put the boxes just inside the door, locked it behind him, then turned around in the hall and knocked on the open door.

"Kay, let me call you back," the girl spoke. "The new guy is here."

Getting up from her spot on the couch, the female walked up to the tall male stranger.

"Hi, I'm Keeley," she spoke, extending her hand in greeting.

"Beau," the male spoke, shaking the girl's offered hand.

"Wow, you're a lot taller than my uncle described," she said, suddenly feeling nervous around Beau.

"Yeah, I get that a lot," he laughed.

"So, what do you do?" Keeley questioned.

"I play hockey," he replied.

"No, I mean like a job. You know, how you're paying for your apartment," she asked.

"Yeah, I play hockey. Pittsburgh has this team of hockey players, more commonly known as the Penguins. The Steelers aren't the only team in this city, you know," Beau teased, seeing the football logo on the girl's tee shirt.

"Really? I've never heard of them," she teased. Making a mental note to look them up later that night with the help of Google, Keeley was certainly intrigued by the male.

Beau knew that he was already falling for this girl and there was nothing that he could do about it. From the curly brown hair that fell just past her shoulders to the light brown eyes that she had done up nicely with makeup. This girl was going to be his weakness, that was for sure.

"Yeah, we're not that big of a deal or anything, but it pays the bills," Beau retorted.

"Hmm. Well, then I may have to do some research and go to my first hockey game," Keeley responded.

"You've never been to a Pens game before?" Beau asked.

"Nope, I'm a football kind of girl," Keeley answered.

"We play tomorrow night," Beau stated. "You're going."

"How do you know that I don't already have plans for tomorrow night?"

"I don't, I'm just hoping that if you don't, you'll go," Beau said. "I'll have a ticket waiting for you at the window."

"Make it two and I'm in," Keeley laughed.

"Boyfriend?" Beau questioned.

"Sister, actually," Keeley answered. "She's the hockey fan."

"Deal," Beau said.

Pulling her phone out of her pocket, Keeley pressed a few buttons and brought the device to her ear. "Kay, me and you, Pens game tomorrow night, you in?"

Beau laughed, knowing already that it was Keeley's sister on the other end.

"Yes, I know that I don't know anything about hockey, but I managed to get my hands on a couple of tickets."

A pause.

Looking to Beau, Keeley spoke. "Where are the seats located?"

"Behind the bench," Beau whispered to her.

"Behind the bench, Kay," Keeley spoke.

Another pause.

"I happen to know a guy, that's how I got them," Keeley said, causing Beau to laugh lightly.

"Kay, don't ask me anything more about it, just he here tomorrow," Keeley spoke.

Looking at Beau, Keeley needed more information from him. "What time is the game?"

"Eight," Beau replied.

Doing a few quick calculations in her head, Keeley spoke into the phone to her sister. "Be here by five. We can eat at the stadium," Keeley started before she was interrupted. "Sorry, arena. Whatever. Be here by five at the latest. Love you, Kay. Bye."

"So, my sister thinks that I killed someone for those tickets," Keeley told Beau.

Laughing, Beau couldn't believe that her sister had thought that. "Well, I still feel a pulse," he spoke, feeling his neck for his pulse.

"Yeah, well, she knows that I'm not into hockey much, so she doesn't really understand why I have these tickets."

"Well, now you know a guy," Beau said.

"Yeah, I guess that I do," Keeley said with a smile.

The pair talked for about an hour before Beau had gotten a phone call and they parted ways. Keeley went back into her apartment and Beau went down to his car to grab a few more boxes to bring up to his new place.

Inside of her apartment, Keeley grabbed her laptop off of the coffee table and began to look up anything that she could about the male that had just moved in across the hall.

After bringing the last of the boxes that he had had in his car, Beau looked through a few of them to find what he needed and then went into the bedroom and blew up the air mattress that he would have to sleep on until the moving truck had brought his bed to the apartment. Once the bed was full blown up, Beau took his phone and iPod out of his pants pockets and unravelled the earbuds that he had wrapped around the device. The brunette that lived across the hallway was the only thing on his mind as he tried to fall asleep for a nap before a late night workout session with a few of his teammates.