Status: Active

It's Not Ending Well

ten .

It had taken Beau three full days to open up the envelope that Keeley had left for him; he had been hoping that he would just wake up one morning and she'd be across the hall making breakfast for herself. He didn't want reality to be real, but he knew that there was no other choice than to accept it. He was completely heartbroken by the loss of this girl that had claimed his heart as her own.

After he had made it home from her funeral, Beau knew that it was time to read her letter to him once and for all.

Dear Beau,

I'm sorry that I didn't tell you, but you have to know that I didn't do it to be malicious. It may sound selfish, but I did it because you treated me like a normal person. If I would have told you about what was going on, you would have treated me like everyone else did. For once, I wanted to be a normal girl that wasn't sick. You did that for me. So, thank you, Beau. It meant everything to me to be able to have fun and forget about what was going on for once.

I'm not sure what all Kayley has explained to you, but in a nutshell, I want to explain everything that was going on:

From the time that I was three until now, I have battled a cancerous brain tumor twice and it came back for a third time. I had been poked, prodded, manipulated, experimented on, and forced into treatments that made me sicker than I ever thought imaginable. After having gone through it twice, I wasn't ready to do it a third time.

Then, I met you.

If I had met you any sooner, I would have changed my decision and I would have fought as hard as ever to get better. By the time that I had fallen for you, Beau, it was too late. It had spread to other parts of my body and there was no turning back and saving it. It was too far gone at that point and I'm sorry.

I don't expect you to ever forgive me for making my decision of not fighting this third time or telling you about it from the start, but please know that I only did it to spare your feelings and because I wanted to feel like a normal girl again.

When you're feeling lonely, I want you remember the fun times, not that I'm not there with you to enjoy them. Go out, meet a nice girl and don't be afraid to love her too, talk to my sister if you want to hear embarrassing stories from when I was a kid. Go out there and live your life, Beau. Get out there and win the Stanley Cup. Don't forget to always be happy.

Until we meet again, Beau Bennett, I want you to know that I fell in love with you. I fell in love with your smile, your gorgeous eyes, and that laugh of yours. I fell in love with your sweet gestures and the way that you always made sure that I was alright. I will always love you, Beau Bennett.

Keeley


With tears in his eyes, Beau knew that he would never be able to get over this girl. She would forever be the live of his life and no girl would ever make him feel like he had when he was with Keeley. "I love you too, Keeley. I'll see you again one day," the make said out loud to no one in particular.

The letter didn't make things easier for him, but it did give him closure. He never did forget the girl that stole his heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
The epilogue is next and then that's it for this story. Let me know if you guys think I should make a sequel with Kayley and Sidney or not. (:

xoxo,
Codie