Status: Active

It's Not Ending Well

three .

After making it to the arena, the sisters made their way to the ticket window and told the teller their names.

"Enjoy the game, ladies," the woman spoke.

"Thank you," they replied in unison.

Finding their seats was an easy task, thankfully. Keeley had started feeling a bit dizzy on the way to their seats, so Kayley kept an eye on her younger sister. She knew that Keeley was putting on a brave front, but Kayley was fully prepared to overrule her stubbornness if she absolutely had to.

By the end of the second period, Kayley could tell that her sister wasn't doing very well. "Kee, come on. Let's go home."

"No, I want to see the entire game. It could be the only chance I get," Keeley told her sister.

Knowing that she had been defeated, Kayley dropped the subject and went to get food for the pair.

During the third period, Beau managed to score a goal and immediately looked in Keeley's direction. He saw her face light up and he had never been more excited about scoring a goal before.

When lines changed, Beau made his way back to the bench and quickly looked behind him. He saw Keeley's face watching the game so intensely, then saw her attention turn to him. She smiled brightly and gave him a thumbs up.

The game ended faster than Keeley had anticipated it to, but as promised, Beau had brought Sidney Crosby with him to meet Kayley.

While Kayley talked to Sidney, Keeley turned to the male standing before her. "Congrats on the goal, hotshot," Keeley spoke. "I'm sorry that you guys lost though."

"It happens," Beau responded. "There's always next time."

Suddenly feeling light headed, Keeley instinctively reached out and Beau caught her. "Are you alright?" he asked, concerned about her.

"Yeah, I think it's time to go home now, though. It's been an eventful day," Keeley responded.

"Do you want me to tell your sister?" Beau asked.

"No, don't worry her. Besides, she's talking to 'the hottest guy on the planet'," Keeley laughing while using air quotes.

"Okay, then let me take you home," Beau said. "I'll tell your sister we're heading out, you stay here."

"Take the keys with you," Keeley said, grabbing her sister's keys from out of her purse.

The car ride back to the apartment building wasn't awkward in the slightest like Beau had been worried about. He was glad that Keeley wasn't the silent type and that she actually wanted to know more about his profession. Beau answered every question that the female had thrown his way and before either of them realized, Beau was parking the car.

Getting out of the vehicle, Beau went around to the other side and helped Keeley out.

"Thanks," she spoke softly.

Not wanting to lose her balance, Keeley slipped her arm in the crook of Beau's arm and used him for support, which he was more than willing to offer to her.

The pair soon made their way up to their floor, but Keeley was feeling worse than ever.

Not knowing what to do for the girl, Beau offered to stay with her for awhile.

"We can watch a movie, since you're insisting on babysitting me," Keeley giggled.

"Don't make it seem like you don't want to hang out with me," Beau smiled.

"I hope you like the Mighty Ducks," Keeley spoke, unlocking her apartment door. "That's probably one of my favorite sports movies, even if I'm not the hockey loving child in my family."

"I play hockey, of course I love them," Beau laughed.

"Good, because you had no other choice," Keeley giggled, pushing the door open.

The pair soon settled in on the couch after Keeley changed quickly. Beau himself had run over to his apartment to change, but that hadn't taken longer than just a few minutes.

Soon enough, Beau and Keeley were passed out on the couch with the main menu on loop as background noise.

The next morning, the pair woke up entangled with the other's limbs. "Don't take this the wrong way, but you really don't look so good," Beau spoke, concerned about Keeley's health.

"It feels like I have the flu," Keeley said to him.

"Maybe you should call your sister now," Beau suggested.

"I haven't gotten a text from her yet," Keeley spoke as she checked her phone. "Which means that she's still occupied with your teammate or he killed her. I'll have her come over when she calls me. That is, if she doesn't show up here before then."

"Okay," Beau replied. "I can stay with you until she gets here, if you want me to."

"I'd like that," Keeley replied.

The pair soon decided they were going to get ready and grab something for breakfast. Although, not long after they decided on a place to go, Keeley felt awful and ran to the bathroom to get sick.

When she was finally finished, Beau helped Keeley back to her room and told her that he would leave her to rest.

"No, please don't go," Keeley said. "Lay here with me."

So, that's exactly what Beau did; he laid down with the girl until Kayley came in.

"Shh," Beau said as Kayley entered the bedroom.

Slowly, Beau got off of the bed, trying desperately not to wake a sleeping Keeley.

Exiting the room with Kayley, Beau spoke to her in a concerned manner. "She thinks that she has the flu, but she looks worse than that. I really think that she needs to see a doctor."

With a sinking feeling in her stomach, Kayley thanked the male for watching over her sister, but to hurry up before he was late for practice.

Entering her sister's room, Kayley already had tears forming in her eyes.

"Kayley?" Keeley called out just above a whisper.

"I'm right here, Kee," Kayley said, walking over to the bed and getting in where Beau had been lying just moments before.

"I haven't told him, Kay," she spoke. "I don't want him to know."

"That's your choice, Kee. I really think that you should tell him, though," Kayley voiced.

"I don't want his pity," Keeley spoke.

"He's not going to pity you, Keeley," the female spoke.

"Yes, he will. He'll also treat me like I'm made of porcelain and I don't want that, so drop it," Keeley said sternly.

The sisters soon went on with their days, Keeley eventually telling her sister to go home because she wasn't able to do anything but worry.

Reluctantly, Kayley left, but made her sister promise to call her if she got any worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that I'm going to be making you guys cry soon, I truly am. But .. it was part of the deal for the contest that I'm participating in. I hope that you'll all stick around to see this through, I'll even bring the tissues. (:

And, special thanks to my two new recommendations from:

Mel13
LoveGame13

You're all wonderful!

xoxo,
Codie