Status: Active

It's Not Ending Well

four .

Around nine o'clock that evening, Keeley heard a knock on her door and reluctantly got out of bed to answer it.

Opening the door, Keeley smiled when she saw who was on the other side. "Hey," the female spoke.

"I figured that since we didn't get to have breakfast this morning and I have practice tomorrow morning, we could have a super early breakfast now," the male spoke.

"I like the sound of that," Keeley spoke. "I was just about to order pizza when you knocked, just so that I wouldn't have to cook," she laughed.

"I remember that you said you wanted blueberry waffles, but can you settle for blueberry pancakes instead?" Beau questioned.

"As long as you're cooking, you can make whatever you want," Keeley laughed. "I have everything that you need here, so let's use my kitchen," the female offered.

"Let me just go put shorts on and I'll be right back," Beau spoke.

Not wanting to have to open the door again, Keeley propped her door open with a heavy book that she had grabbed off of the bookshelf. She then went into her kitchen and began collecting everything that Beau was going to need out of the cabinets.

"Do you want me to close the door?" Beau called out when he made it back to Keeley's apartment.

"No, leave it open. Rex will smell food and he'll probably come join us for our meal," Keeley spoke.

"Who's Rex?" Beau asked curiously.

"He's the giant fluffy dog from down the hall," Keeley informed him. "Mrs. Hammond got him after her husband died so that she wouldn't be alone. She keeps her door open like I do, so Rex comes by for an occasional meal from time to time," Keeley explained to him. "So, you might want to start buying treats for him."

"Sounds like I'll have to do just that," Beau replied.

Soon enough, Beau and Keeley were cooking their meal together when Keeley felt a wet nose touch her lover leg. "Hey, Rex," she said, bending down. Now on the same level as the dog, Keeley began to pet the fluffy golden retriever.

"Rex, this is Beau," Keeley said to the dog. "Beau, this is Rex," she added, looking up to the male.

"Nice to meet you, Rex," Beau said, kneeling down to pet the animal.

After giving the dog a treat that Keeley had handed him, Beau watched as Rex laid down on the floor by Keeley's feet when she stood up and moved to sit at the bar stool.

Turning to the stove, Beau turned on the heat and put butter in the pan. While the pan heated up, Beau took the pancake mix and poured a bit into the bowl that Keeley had taken out for him, then added water until the mixture became the proper texture and consistency.

"My sister loves blueberry and banana pancakes," Beau commented, breaking the silence in the kitchen.

Clearly, your sister has good taste," Keeley laughed.

Once the butter in the pan began to sizzle slightly, Beau poured the batter into the pan, forming a few small pancakes.

"Do you like strawberry banana smoothies?" Keeley questioned.

"They're alright," Beau said. "Banana and pineapple smoothies are my favorite."

"You're in luck, surprisingly enough," Keeley spoke. "My sister bought a bunch of fruit at a market not took long ago and she game me some stuff," she said.

Getting up from her spot, Keeley went over to the fridge, opened the door, and took a few small containers off of the top shelf.

"Would you mind pulling the blender down from the cabinet?" Keeley asked, opening a cabinet door to reveal the blender on the top shelf.

Happily obliging, Beau brought the blender down from it's high perch and placed it on the counter.

"Thanks," Keeley smiled.

"No problem," Beau replied, flipping the pancakes.

While Beau cooked, Keeley put everything into the blender and put the lid on it. Before she was able to lock the lid, Keeley felt sick and walked out of the room and quickly made her way to the bathroom.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Beau took notice of the girl's absence, but couldn't leave because of the food on the stove. Instead of going to check on Keeley, Beau decided to simply finish cooking breakfast for them and surprise her with it when she came back into the room.

Not realizing that the lid hadn't been locked, since he hadn't ever owned a blender in his life before, Beau turned the device on and the lid shot up towards the ceiling. The contents of what was supposed to be a smoothie ended up making it's way all through the kitchen.

Quickly turning the blender off, Beau sighed heavily. He knew that he was going to have to clean everything up, but that didn't mean that he was excited about it. The only thing that was on his side about having to clean it all up was that the dog was already helping him, by licking up some of the smoothie mess that landed on the floor.

A few minutes later, Keeley walked into the kitchen and began laughing. "I see that you didn't lock the lid on the blender," she spoke, walking into a messy kitchen.

"No," Beau said, turning around to face the girl.

"It's okay, I've done it a few times myself," Keeley laughed. "How about we eat first, then worry about cleaning up this mess?" she suggested.

"I like that idea," Beau replied.

The pair ate in silence, but stole multiple glances at one another until Beau finally made the move when they were finished eating. He leaned forward and kissed Keeley softly, almost afraid of having done the wrong thing. It wasn't until Keeley put her arms around his neck that Beau finally relaxed and realized that the feelings that he had for the female were mutual.

There was absolutely no doubt in his mind that Keeley was the one that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

When their lips finally parted, Beau and Keeley spent the next hour cleaning up the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to fulfilling the 'Swap a prompt with a member and include it in a story' for my group in the writing cup challenge. Thanks to She Said Poptarts for the prompt. Challenge completed. (:

xoxo,
Codie