Status: Active

It's Not Ending Well

five .

After he had left Keeley's apartment the night before, Beau couldn't get the girl off of his mind, especially after he had kissed her.

As he left his apartment early that morning to make it to practice, Beau wanted nothing more than to knock on Keeley's door to kiss her good morning. Although he wanted to, and almost did, Beau decided against it because it wasn't even seven o'clock yet. Instead, Beau redirected himself to go down the hall and head out to make it to the rink on time.

Hours later, Beau returned home from practice, only to see Keeley's apartment door propped open. The male quickly dropped his stuff off in his apartment, then walked across the hall.

"Keeley?" Beau called out, knocking a few times before entering.

"Oh, hey Beau," Kayley spoke.

"Hey, Kayley," Beau started. "Is Keeley around?"

"Actually, she's in the hospital," Kayley informed him. "She's been sick for the last few days, but she got really bad this morning. I'm just grabbing a few things for her, then I'm headed back to the hospital to sit with her for awhile."

"Is she going to be okay?" Beau asked. Now the male was fearful of what was going on with the girl that he had fallen hard for.

"She's being pumped with a ton of medications right now, so yeah, I think she'll be okay," Kayley told him.

"Is she allowed to have visitors that aren't family?" Beau asked.

Looking to the male, Kayley felt like saying no to him, just so he wouldn't have to see her sister in the condition that she was in. Though, instead of doing that, Kayley nodded her head. "Yes, she can have visitors. Do you want to bring her the stuff that she asked for?" she questioned.

"Yeah, I can do that," Beau spoke.

"Okay, awesome. Let me just finish putting her bag together," Kayley told him. "Then, I can write down the floor and room number for you."

"Thanks," Beau spoke. Letting Kayley circle the apartment for whatever it was that Keeley had requested, Beau watched carefully as she picked up each individual item from where he stood by the front door.

When Kayley had finished collecting everything her sister had asked for, she handed the bag over to Beau. "She's on the third floor, room 308," Kayley told him. "Just enter cautiously, because she's really tired and needs sleep. Keeley has a hard time falling asleep in the hospital."

"I promise to be quiet," Beau said.

A few minutes later, Beau was heading down towards the lobby of the building, Keeley's bag flung over his shoulder.

Walking up the stairs to the entrance of the hospital, Beau was hoping like hell that Keeley was going to be alright.

Entering the lobby, Beau quickly spotted the elevators and made his way towards them.

When he finally made it to the correct room, Beau slowly opened the door.

"Kayley?" he head Keeley's voice sound.

"Beau," the male spoke, peeking his head into the room.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" she questioned.

"Your sister said that you were here and I asked if you were allowed a visitor. She said yes, so she let me bring you the bag of stuff that you requested from her," Beau spoke, holding up the bag as proof.

"That was really sweet of you," Keeley said with a smile.

"I just wanted to see you," Beau admitted.

"Feel like playing cards with me?" Keeley asked.

"Sure," Beau replied.

"Good," Keeley said. "Because there's nothing good on the television in here. I already flipped through all of the channels at least three times in the last hour."

"Your sister told me that you don't sleep very well when you're in the hospital," Beau spoke. "Now I can see why you requested so many things," he laughed. "Safe to assume that you're going to tell me that there's a deck of cards in the bag?"

"Safe," Keeley smiled. "You deal," she added.

"What are we playing?" Beau asked. Opening the bad that he had brought with him, Beau eventually found the deck of cards and pulled them out.

"Rummy?" Keeley suggested.

"Sure," Beau smiled.

Shuffling them for a minute or so, Beau dealt the proper amount of cards that each of them needed for the game.

After playing a few games, Beau could tell that Keeley was getting tired. "Why don't you try to get some sleep? I'll head home and let you get some rest," Beau spoke.

"Would you mind staying with me?" Keeley asked. "I don't like being here by myself."

"Yeah, I can stay here with you until you fall asleep," Beau told her.

"Thank you," she said, getting comfortable on the bed. "Come cuddle with me."

"Are you sure that there's enough room on the bed for me?" Beau laughed. "I'm not exactly the shortest guy in the world."

"There's plenty of room, I promise," Keeley laughed.

Cuddling against Beau, Keeley felt the male's arm wrap around her waist and pull her body closer.

It was strange, but Keeley felt very much at home in Beau's arms. She hadn't ever felt that way before with a guy. Normally, they were too overbearing with trying to take care of her, or they felt sorry for her. Either way, Keeley just felt right with Beau.

Unfortunately, Keeley knew the outcome to the entire situation. She also knew that getting close to Beau was against everything that she had ever told herself. Tonight though, Keeley just wanted Beau with her; she decided that she would deal with the consequences later on.

In that moment, Keeley just wanted to feel like everything in the world was perfect. Regardless of everything that was going on with her, healthwise, Keeley didn't want to think about all of the negative things that she could have. When she was with Beau, she wanted to completely free her mind of the negativity and the reality of her situation. With Beau, Keeley left all of that in the back of her mind and acted as if she didn't have a medical death sentence.