Status: Active

It's Not Ending Well

six .

When he woke up the next morning, Beau checked the time on his phone and sighed. He was going to be late for practice and he still had to head home to get his bag.

Slowly getting up, trying to not wake Keeley, Beau slowly got up from his spot on the hospital bed.

"It's okay. I'm already awake," she spoke.

"I didn't wake you up, did I?" Beau questioned.

"No, I've been up for hours. I can't sleep in a hospital. Or, at least not for very long," Keeley told him.

"Right," Beau spoke. "Your sister told me that yesterday."

"Yeah," Keeley laughed. "Safe to assume that hockey is calling you away?"

"Safe," Beau laughed.

"See you around some time then," Keeley spoke. She knew exactly what she was doing, but she hoped that Beau wasn't going to catch on until it was too late.

"See you later, Keeley," Beau spoke standing up. Leaning forward, Beau kissed the female's forehead gently, then left the room to head to practice.

Around noon, Keeley's doctor entered her room and told her that she would be discharged within the hour. He instructed her to take the medications that he had prescribed to her and simply relax or a few days before going about her normal routine.

When the female walked through the front door of her apartment, she was weak and let herself collapse onto the couch as soon as she walked into the living room. "Kay, can you grab my bag out of the car?" Keeley asked her sister.

"Yeah, I'll be right back," the female spoke.

On her way back into the apartment building, Kayley passed Beau, who was on his way out.

"Hey Kayley," Beau spoke. "How's your sister? I was going to go see her after I hung out with the guys."

"Hey Beau," Kayley responded. Sighing softly, Kayley knew that she shouldn't, but she was going to do something for the sake of her sister and Beau both. "Beau, I think you should just forget about my sister. Just go on with your life and have fun. Find another pretty girl to fall for."

Before Beau could even ask her what she meant, Kayley was already on her way again, leaving the male behind, more than likely confused.

Making her way back up to the apartment, Kayley felt awful for what she had just done, but knew that it would be the best. She knew the entire situation firsthand and Kayley felt that she was doing nothing more than protecting all parties involved.

Entering her sister's apartment, Kayley saw her sister asleep on the couch. Not wanting to bother her, Kayley put the bag on the floor next to the couch, then went to find a piece of paper to write Keeley a note.

Kee,

I went to see Sidney, be back later.

Kay.


Closing the door behind her, Kayley texted her boyfriend and asked if he was doing anything. With almost an immediate response, Kayley's face lit up with a bright smile. He hadn't planned on doing much except for hanging around his house for awhile. He told her that he had to wait on the cable guy to fix one of the satellite dishes that was on the roof.

Making her way to Sidney's house, Kayley spent the entire afternoon with him until Keeley had texted her that she had woken up from her nap. Unfortunately, Keeley had only texted her because she couldn't stop vomiting up her food and asked Kayley if she could bring her something to settle her stomach.

Explaining everything to Sidney, he decided that he was going to join his girlfriend in helping her sister. So, the couple headed to the store for a fix for Keeley's nausea. Once they had what they were looking for, the pair headed to Keeley's apartment.

Opening the door, Kayley stepped inside, allowing Sidney to follow closely behind her. "Kee?" she called out.

"In the kitchen." Keeley replied.

When she entered the kitchen, Kayley saw her sister laying on the floor, a bucket on one side, and a Gatorade on the other. "Kee, what happened to you!" Kayley said, rushing to her sister's side.

"I was getting sick and I didn't want to get dehydrated, so I grabbed a bucket and started making my way in here. I managed to get a drink from the fridge, but I couldn't make it back to the couch. I just don't have any more strength to move," Keeley spoke in a hushed tone.

"Sidney, can you help me get her to bed?" Kayley asked of her boyfriend.

"Yeah, of course," the male spoke.

Picking up the fragile looking girl, Sidney noticed that she barely weighed anything. Her face looked full, but the moment that he had her in his arms, he could feel that she barely weighed anything.

After bringing Keeley to her bed, Sidney let the sisters have some space. Eventually, Kayley came out and joined him on the couch. "I'm sorry about all of this," Kayley apologized.

"Kayley, you don't have to apologize because your sister is sick," Sidney reassured. "Don't ever apologize. I'll be here for everything that you need me for."

"You're amazing, but I'm still sorry that you have to keep this to yourself. I know that Beau is your teammate, so I hate that you have to keep this secret from him. But, this is what Keeley want," Kayley said.

"I understand," Sidney said. "You and Keeley don't have to explain anything to me, I promise."

"I think I'm going to stay here tonight, just in case Keeley needs me," the female spoke.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" Sidney asked.

"You don't have to," Kayley said. "I'm probably just going to watch tv right here until I pass out."

"That's fine, I'll sit here with you," he offered.

"Just as long as it doesn't mess up your schedule for tomorrow," Kayley said.

"How about I worry about my schedule," Sidney spoke.

"Deal."
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was more about Kayley and Sidney, but that's okay. Let me know what you think.

xoxo,
Codie