Status: Active

It's Not Ending Well

seven .

It had been nearly a week since Keeley had really seen Beau around the building, which was highly unusual. She had been getting more into hockey and trying to figure out the sport that she had absolutely no knowledge of, so she knew that the team was home all that week.

Deciding that she was feeling better enough to go out to the bar with a few of her friends, Keeley went out the morning of the final game before the Pens left for a small road trip. On her adventure into public, Keeley made her way to the sports store in the mall and found a jersey in her size with the exact number that she had been looking for. Paying a little extra for it than she had anticipated, Keeley paid for it and took the bag from the cashier after it had been bagged up.

Her next stop in the mall was to the Aeropostale store. She needed a hoodie and a few other layers to keep herself warm during her outing. It was now extremely cold in Pittsburgh, so with a weakened immune system already in overdrive, Keeley needed a few more layers than everyone else to keep herself warm.

After her outing at the mall was completed, Keeley made her way back to her apartment and got ready for the evening ahead of her.

Her girlfriends texted her when they had arrived in the cab later on that evening, so Keeley made her way from her apartment down to the lobby of the building. Within a few steps, she was outside and her friends were opening the door to the cab so that she could get in. Calling a cab was clearly going to be the best idea for their group, because two of the three girls already seemed to have pregamed before they had gotten into the cab.

--

When the game had ended, Keeley and her friends hailed a cab and made their way back to Keeley's apartment. They were decently drunk, but were able to manage to hold themselves up long enough to make it into the cab when it arrived at the bar and again when they got out at their destination. How much longer they would be able to hold themselves together was still to be determined, but Keeley was more than welcoming of the girls staying at her place until they were sober enough to get home the next day.

Later on that evening, after the girls had had pizza delivered, Keeley was sobering up much quicker than the others, so she decided that she was going to bring the empty pizza boxes downstairs to the dumpster so she wouldn't have to get out of bed the next day. On her way out of her apartment, Keeley could hear a bunch of people in Beau's apartment across the hall, probably celebrating another win for the team.

By the time that Keeley was near the elevator, Beau had a trash bag in his hand and exiting his apartment. He caught a quick glance of the girl in the jersey down the hall, a smile creeping across his lips when he realized that it was Keeley in his jersey.

Completely disregarding the warning that Kayley had given to him, Beau turned down the hallway in the opposite direction and headed towards the stairs. He had seen the pizza boxes in the female's hand, so he had a pretty decent idea that she was headed to the dumpster, so he would take the stairs and meet her down there.

Making it outside, Beau didn't spot the girl at first, but eventually saw movement next to the dumpster. Nonchalantly walking over, Beau managed a soft hello, trying not to startle the girl.

"Oh, hey Beau," Keeley spoke, a smile appearing on her face.

"Nice jersey," he grinned.

Laughing softly, Keeley looked up into the male's eyes. "Yeah, apparently this guy is good or something. My sister was sort of telling me about him, but I only picked it because he had a pretty face," she teased.

Pretending to be hurt by her words, Beau laughed. "Well, I guess as long as he has a pretty face, the jersey is a cool accessory."

"Yeah, something like that," Keeley laughed.

There was a short awkward silence for a moment before Beau was able to gain enough courage to speak first. "I might be out of line, so I apologize now if I am, but I like you, Keeley. I want to take you on a date," he managed to say.

Pausing for a moment, Keeley wasn't exactly expecting him to ask her on a date, so she took a second to think about his request. "Yes," Keeley said, going against her better judgement.

"Really?" Beau questioned, surprised by her answer.

"Really really," she laughed.

"Awesome," Beau said. "This may be out of line also, but I've wanted to do this for awhile."

Leaning down, Beau kissed the female gently. This was only the second time that he was kissing her, but there had been a little too much time in between kisses for his liking, so he felt as if now was the perfect time to kiss Keeley again.

When their lips parted, Keeley's cheeks got warm and for a few seconds, they managed to turn a light shade of pink. When she shivered, Beau took that as a sign that standing outside in the cold wasn't exactly the best idea for them. "Come on, let's get back inside," he spoke, holding out his arm for her to join him.

As the pair trekked back through the snow to the building, Keeley had this overwhelming feeling of being safe with Beau and that both thrilled her and scared her at the same time. She knew that this wasn't going to last, but she wanted so desperately to let go of her fears and have a little fun for once.

Entering her apartment, Keeley noticed that all of her friends had fallen asleep, so she turned back around and knocked on Beau's door. When he opened the door, she explained that her friends were sleeping, so he invited her in and introduced her to a few of his friends and teammates. The pair kept close to one another until the group started to leave one by one as the night went on.

When it was just Beau and Keeley left, the pair stayed up and talked for another hour or so. Keeley learned that the Penguins would be going on a week long trip for a few away games, so when Beau walked her across the hall to her apartment, she was more than okay with inviting him in.

The pair crept quietly to her bedroom, careful not to wake anyone else. When they made it to the bedroom, they laid down and Keeley turned the television on as background noise. Instead of watching it, the pair cuddled innocently and kept their conversation going to get to know one another better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it's taken so long for an update. :'( I've gotten so busy with work and I'm just exhausted. But, I'll try to update more often now. There are only about eight more chapters for this story, so I've already started thinking about a sequel. Let me know if you think that's a good idea or not.

xoxo,
Codie