Status: Active

It's Not Ending Well

eight .

A couple of weeks later, after an incredibly successful stretch of home games, Beau and the rest of the Penguins were headed out for another short road trip. It would last as short as a week, but neither Beau or Keeley were exactly thrilled about it.

In the few seemingly short weeks that they had before the road trip, Beau had kept his word and had taken Keeley on a date, followed up by a few more to prove that he really was interested in seeing her. He had taken her to dinner and a movie on their first date together, then kissed her goodbye at the end of the night in front of her apartment door. He followed up their first date with a day at an arcade where they combined their tickets and Beau got a stuffed teddy bear for the girl. Their third date was a skating lesson at Consol and their fourth was an impromptu two-on-two hockey game against Sidney and Kayley. They planned their fifth date for after the team returned from their trip; this date was the one where Beau was planning on asking Keeley to officially be his girlfriend. While talking over dinner one night, Keeley had revealed to Beau that she had always wanted to go to a drive-in movie, but there wasn't one in the area, but rather a decent distance away. Beau planned on setting up a movie screening in the basement of Sidney's house. It was large enough for a bunch of the guys on the team to bring their girlfriend or wife and have a fun group date night.

Having slept in Keeley's bed with her the night before, Beau felt terrible about having to wake her up in the early hours of the morning when he was leaving. Thankfully, as he was on his way out, Kayley was on her way in; Beau was carpooling with Sidney, so Kayley decided to just go with her boyfriend to the apartment building and switch spots with Beau until a decent hour in the morning.

When the girls had woken up later on in the morning, the pair of them had both been greeted by sweet texts from Sidney and Beau, respectively. The simple, yet sweet, gesture put a smile on both of their faces. To finish up their day, the girls got themselves ready for the world, then went out for lunch and spent the day at the mall.

While they were shopping, Keeley suddenly got light headed and grabbed for a clothing rack to her her keep her balance until her sister noticed. Once Kayley had seen what had happened, she suggested that they pay for what they had picked out and head home. Nodding her head in agreeance, Keeley found the closest spot to sit down, while Kayley stood in line to pay for what she had wanted from that particular store.

Once everything had been paid for, Keeley and her sister walked back to the car and Kayley drove the pair back to her sister's apartment. The pair then relaxed on the couch for the rest of the afternoon, but Keeley never once told Beau what had happened when he had texted her later on that evening after the team practice.

The following morning when the girls were in the kitchen cooking breakfast, they were having a decent conversation, but when a loud thud was heard from behind her, Kayley turned around and saw her sister lying on the floor having a seizure. Having been through this before with her sister, Kayley immediately dialed 911 and then knelt down by her sister and held her so that she wouldn't further harm herself.

Hours later, the sisters were waiting in a room at the hospital for results on numerous tests that the doctors had run, especially after hearing about Keeley's medical history. Unfortunately, the results were grim, but exactly what the pair had been hoping that it wasn't.

When the doctor left the room, Keeley looked to her sister and spoke in a soft voice. "Don't you dare tell Beau. And, you'd better let Sidney know the same thing. Beau is not to know about this."

"Whatever you want to do, Kee, I'll honor it," she spoke.

"Thank you," Keeley spoke.

"Do you know how you want to fight it this time?" Kayley questioned.

"I have no idea. This is a lot worse than the other two times. I really need to think about this," Keeley replied.

--

By the end of the week, Keeley had been released from the hospital and Beau was returning back from his trip with the team.

They planned on having dinner together the night that Beau had returned, but instead of going out to a local restaurant, the pair had dinner at Beau's apartment. After dinner, the pair decided on taking a walk around the block, but when the snow had started to fall harder, the pair decided to just take a walk around the halls of the building instead.

They had probably gone up and down the halls of the building at least three times before Beau noticed Keeley yawn and decided that they should call it a night.

Standing in front of her door, Keeley took a deep breath and looked up at the male. "Beau, please don't take this the wrong way," Keeley began. "But, please don't fall for me," she added. "I'm going to be moving soon. I'm moving closer to my parents."

"So? I can come visit you. I travel with the team all the time, so I can come visit from time to time. And, there's this thing called an off-season. I can always come and visit you then," Beau spoke.

With tears in her eyes, Keeley felt like she was only breaking her heart at the moment. Beau seemed to be so positive about the entire thing, but he was ignorant of a key factor in the entire thing, but she wasn't about to fill him in on the missing information.

"Where they live isn't exactly a place you can just visit whenever," Keeley spoke. "But, I really do love hanging out and spending time with you. I just don't want you to fall for me before I go."

"It's too late for that," Beau informed her. "I fell for you the very first time that I heard your laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end of the story is in sight. And, because I'm only off today and my next day off isn't in sights for another couple of weeks, I'm probably going to finish up this story today, since it's due for a contest on the 25th. See you in a few hours with the next chapter, after finding muse to write the next chapter and getting some stuff done around the house.

xoxo,
Codie