Status: Active

It's Not Ending Well

nine .

After Keeley had told Beau that she was moving, the male insisted on hanging out whenever they possibly could. Even though it was against her better judgement, Keeley decided to hang out with Beau when she wasn't feeling completely awful or had an intense migraine.

Beau was thankful for the time that he was able to spend with Keeley, but he couldn't deny that he was upset that she was moving.

The night before Beau had to leave on a two week long trip with the team, Keeley spent the majority of the night on Beau's couch with him as they watched some of their favorite movies together.

After watching Keeley's favorite drama movie, the pair retreated to Beau's bedroom for the evening.

Things started out innocently enough, but quickly heated up. They had gone from cuddling and a few stolen kisses to losing all of their clothing in a span of ten minutes.

When they had finished and had cleaned themselves up, the pair got back into bed and cuddled closely again. This time, they had actually fallen asleep in each other's arms.

Early the next morning, Beau kissed Keeley goodbye, then left the sleeping girl in his bed while he went to Consol to catch the team bus that would take the entire team to their first away game of the stretch.

Six days into the road trip, Beau found himself missing Keeley more than usual. Picking up his phone after a team workout and dialed Keeley's number.

When the phone kept ringing, eventually going to voicemail.

"Hey! It's Keeley. Leave a little love for me after the beep."

After the beep sounded, Beau spoke. "Hey Keeley, it's me. I haven't heard from you all day. Call me when you get a minute."

An hour after he had left the voicemail, Beau still hadn't heard back from the girl, so he left his hotel room and made his way down the hall to Sidney's room.

Knocking on the captain's door, Beau figured that Sidney would know something about Keeley or why she hadn't returned his phone call yet.

When the door opened, Beau wasn't expecting Evgeni to be standing there.

"Hey Geno. Is Sid around?" he asked.

"Sid sleeping," the tall Russian spoke.

"Can you wake him up for me? I need to talk to him," Beau asked.

"Sid say no disturb," he answered.

Sighing, Beau retreated. "Fine, just have him come find me when he gets up, yeah?"

"Da," the Russian spoke before closing the door.

After Evgeni closed the door, he went back towards his bed and looked over at his teammate. "He gonna find out," Evgeni spoke.

"I know, but Keeley doesn't want him to know," Sidney explained. "She made me swear on our season."

"Why she no want tell Beau?" Evgeni questioned.

"She thinks that it's going to be harder on him if he watches her suffer," Sidney explained.

Later that evening, Sidney's phone started to ring and the caller ID read Kayley. Immediately picking it up, Kayley spoke. "She's getting worse, Sid," Kayley's voice stuttered. "I need you to come home. You and Beau need to come home. I can't do this on my own."

"Kay, calm down," Sidney said, sitting down on the edge of his bed. "What's going on? What changed?"

"Sidney, she's had four seizures today," Kayley explained. "They're not sure how much longer she's go—," Kayley spoke, her breathing cutting off her words. "Sidney, I really need you here. Please, come home," Kayley wept.

"Kayley, put me on speaker," Keeley spoke to her sister.

"Sidney, don't you dare come home," he heard the weak voice of Keeley in the background. "I promise I will haunt your ass if you do and you'll never win the cup again before you retire."

With a smile on his face, Sidney spoke. "We're going to win the cup for you, Keeley."

"Win the cup, Sidney. Then marry my sister," Keeley said, her voice getting softer.

"Yes ma'am," Sidney spoke.

"Promise me something, Sidney," Keeley said. "Promise me that you'll keep Beau busy so his thoughts don't eat away at him. Promise me that you won't let him be too upset."

Pausing for a moment before responding, Sidney took a deep breath. "I promise, Keeley. I promise that I'll do everything I can."

"Thank you, Sidney," the girl spoke.

"Anytime," he replied.

--

The day that the Penguins were scheduled to arrive back home, Sidney got a phone call as soon as he stepped off the airplane and turned his phone back on. It was from Kayley and he had a feeling that he knew exactly what she was going to tell him. Over the last week, Keeley had gotten even worse and the doctors only expected her to get even worse.

"Sidney," the girl said in hysterics.

"Where are you, Kay?" Sidney asked.

"I'm sitting in her living room," Kayley spoke.

"I'll be there as soon as I can be," Sidney said.

--

Arriving back at Consol, Beau turned to Sidney as he sat in the passenger seat. "Do you think that I did something wrong? Keeley still hasn't answered my calls or texts," he spoke.

Exhaling deeply, Sidney kept his eyes focused on the road while he drove, "Beau, when we get back, you need to talk to Kayley. Keeley made me swear not to say anything to you."

"What do you mean?" the younger male questioned.

"Just talk to Kayley when we get back to the apartment," Sidney spoke.

Fifteen minutes later, Sidney had parked his car in the empty spot next to his teammates car and Beau was already on his way up to Keeley's apartment. When he finally reached her door, he walked right through the open doorway to find Kayley sitting on the couch, her eyes bright red and puffy from crying. "Where's Keeley?" Beau said, already knowing that something was wrong.

"She's gone," Kayley barely got out.

Walking through the door, Sidney dropped his bag down and immediately went over to his girlfriend. "I'm so sorry, Kay," he spoke.

"What's going on? What do you mean that she's gone? She told me that she was moving closer to your parents," Beau spoke, still trying to figure everything out.

"She did move closer to them," Kayley spoke.

Before she was able to continue on, Beau cut her off.

"If she moved closer to them, then why are you so upset? You can always visit her," Beau said.

Turning to his teammate when his girlfriend got hysterical again, Sidney explained things a little better. "Their parents were in a car accident when they were younger, that's why they moved out here with their uncle."

"What are you saying?" Beau questioned, things finally starting to make sense in his head.

"Our parents are dead, Beau. When we were younger, our uncle told us that they moved to heaven," Kayley informed him. "Keeley moved with them."

With the sudden reality hitting him harder than expected, Beau looked at the couple standing before him. "You mean to tell me, she knew exactly what was happening and she didn't even tell me?" he said, his voice raising in anger.

"She thought it was going to be easier on you," Kayley said. "She didn't want your pity. You treated her like a human, instead of a test subject or this poor little sick girl."

"She could have told me!" Beau yelled, tears now falling from his eyes.

Turning around, Beau grabbed his keys from his pocket and made his way across the hall.

"Beau!" Kayley called out. "She wanted you to have this," she said, grabbing an envelope off of the coffee table before walking over to the blond male.

"I'm sorry," she said, hugging the male.

Wrapping his arms around the smaller brunette, Beau felt the tears rushing from his eyes. "I'm sorry too," he said. The pair stayed in their embrace for longer than a normal pair of people would hug one another, but Kayley knew that Beau had fallen for her sister and she knew how much pain that he was in from her loss.

When they finally parted ways, Kayley reached into her pocket and grabbed a key. Handing it to the male standing before her, Kayley spoke. "I want you to have this. This is her copy and I know that she'd want you to have it. This will always be her apartment, my uncle and I decided that no one will ever move in here. You're free to come and go whenever you feel that you need to be closer to her."

"Thank you," he spoke, taking the key from her. Leaning down and kissing the top of her head, Beau then turned to his door and let himself into his own apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the little bit of an extended wait for this chapter today. I ended up taking a nap after I got some chores done. I'm going to finish this story tonight, so make sure you grab some tissues for the upcoming chapters, if you don't need them already.

xoxo,
Codie