Champagne

Pressure

There is a bottle of champagne in my fridge. Pressurized and waiting to explode. It's already payed for, it should be opened one day, but which one or how soon is unknown. I want to taste it, I've had champagne before but this one is special, I've never had it before and it seems so good. I've tried to let it pop open but the bottle doesn't want to cork to come out yet.

I've been pretending it's been open on occasion. Pretending to pour the champagne into glasses and enjoy it, but I know that all the liquid is still sealed behind that cork. If I keep pretending I have the champagne will that make having it feel any less special? I hope not, I've grown quite fond of the idea of enjoying the pleasant taste of the champagne.

I want to whole bottle to myself, but I know that may not be possible. I could share but it would hurt to see someone else enjoy the bottle, take parts of the champagne away. The champagne is special, it is to be enjoyed and praised, served on a golden tray in the finest glass. However others couldn't care for how it is served, the bottle could be put in plastic and they'd drink it like it's just another drink. They wouldn't treat the bottle with the respect and honor it deserves.

I keep getting my hopes up, thinking I'll have the champagne soon, that the bottle will finally release the cork, but I realise time and time again that it is not time, the bottle is not ready to release the cork. I could smash it, after all I want the champagne, how I got it wouldn't matter, right? But it would. To damage the bottle to loosen to cork would be to force the bottle to be ready. It needs time, in time it will be willing to release the cork and the bottle and I shall enjoy the champagne. I need to bottle to hold the special experience and the bottle needs me to enjoy the liquid within.