Kindness Is Just a Thought

Chapter 2

Arabella awoke the next morning wrapped in Tyrion's arms. His soft snores blowing her raven black hair lightly. Sunlight streamed in through the open windows and a warm breeze blew over the couple. A reprieve from the heat of the day and it wasn't yet noon. The South was much different for her. She was used to cooler temperatures and less expensive furnishings.

Breathing in deeply, Arabella turned slowly in Tyrion's arms so that she was facing him. Forgetting the fact that he was a dwarf, he was the most talented man she had ever been with up to this point. She deduced it to be from all the women who had graced his bed before. He certainly lived up to expectations.

Smiling softly at the gentle air about him, Arabella pushed his blonde hair out of his face and smoothed her thumb over his forehead. She was married to him now, and as nervous as she had been over it, she was no longer. He had treated her like no man had before. He had treated her with respect and a small amount of love.

Stirring from his slumber, Tyrion cracked his eyes against the sunlight streaming through the windows nearest the bed and smiled. Arabella smiled back, her eyes locking with his. Pulling his face to hers, Arabella gave Tyrion a quick kiss before rolling over to get out of bed. Tyrion groaned and pushed his face into the pillow.

"Where are you going, Little One?" His voice muffled by the pillow. Arabella laughed quietly while her handmaiden came in and helped her into a dress. Her hair was piled into a more Southern hairstyle, courtesy of her handmaiden.

"This is King's Landing. Certainly there must be something to do other than lying in bed all day."Ushering her handmaiden out of the room after she had been dolled up, Arabella went to Tyrion, who was now laying on his back, his elbows holding him up. His blonde hair was tousled on his head, his eyes still crusted with sleep.

"I assure you, there is nothing better than lying in bed all day." Tyrion replied, his hand coming to rest on Arabella's cheek. She had settled on the edge of the bed, closest to Tyrion.

Closing her eyes and pushing her cheek further into his palm, Arabella let out a content sigh, before bringing her hand up to his and covering it. She felt the coolness of his rings against her palm. His small intake of breath at the exchange had her opening her eyes with a smirk on her face.
Letting her hand fall into her lap, Arabella sighed and kissed Tyrion once more before standing.

"I can't stay in here all day. There's so much to see." At his snort, Arabella rolled her eyes and went to the door. "I'll be back later, then."

With that, she opened the door and stepped out, closing it behind her. Releasing a breath, she looked around her. Now what was she going to do first? Shrugging her shoulders at her own thoughts, Arabella decided that she would venture throughout the castle. Her curiosity had gotten to her.

*Later that day

During her exploration of the Lannister's castle, The Red Keep, Arabella had managed to find herself outside of the throne room. She had heard all there was to hear about the Iron Throne. The throne made entirely of swords. She had never understand the people's want for something that had been said to be highly uncomfortable to sit upon.

Approaching the throne, her footsteps echoing throughout the desolate room, Arabella admired the craft that went into making the throne. Holding her dress up so she wouldn't step on the ends, she stepped closer, examining the swords.

The throne was a hulking, massive craft. Ugly in the wake of the beautiful architecture that flourished the room, but beautiful in a sense. She had heard that the throne had caused the deaths of many. And she could see why. Thousands of swords went into the making of that throne and everywhere you looked there was a sharp point.

"You know, it's said that it took a thousand swords to make that throne. Heated in the breath of Balerion the Black Dread. The hammering itself took fifty-nine days."

Startled out of her reverie, Arabella spun around, making sure not to touch the throne. Seeing that it was only Ser Jaime, she heaved a sigh in relief.

"Ser Jaime, you startled me." Arabella smiled, her hand over her heart." But that is rather interesting. It's so massive. I can't imagine anyone actually wanting to sit on it." Turning back around, Arabella, once again took to admiring the throne.

Jaime came closer to her, standing by her side. His white cloak fluttered behind him before settling around him.

"It was not my intent to startle you. Aegon I made it to be that uncomfortable. He said that a king should never sit easy." Jaime looked down at Arabella, her raven colored hair falling in just the right way. The braiding suiting her far more than most women in King's Landing.

"And how are you, Jaime? The Kingsguard treating you well?" She turned to him then, her eyes holding a playful spark.

He smiled down at her and was about to answer had it not been for the tapping of feet interrupting him.

"Uncle, mother is looking for you. Oh, and who is this?" Joffrey Baratheon had entered the throne room, under the guise that he was looking for his uncle.

"Surely you know this is your uncle's wife. Has your mother kept you from everything?" Sighing, Jaime kissed Arabella's hand and swept out of the throne room. His armor clinking with his every movement. His hand on his sword and his cloak flying out behind him.

Joffrey stood behind Arabella, his eyes glancing over her figure, before stopping on her eyes. His blonde hair offset his vibrant green eyes. He might be a Lannister lion, but he felt like a poisonous snake to Arabella.

"What's your name?" His lip curled up into a smirk when Arabella hesitated.

"Arabella. My name is Arabella." She clasped her hands in front of her, right underneath her bust, a sense of terror making her hands shake. This boy was not as pleasant as one would think.

"Tell me, Arabella. What's it like being married to someone so much smaller than you." He was taunting her now, as he slid around her, that smirk ever prominent on his pale face. "I've heard rumors of what dwarves are like in bed. Tell me, is that true?"

Arabella scoffed and furrowed her brows. "That's hardly any business of yours and if you're so eager to find out, why don't you sleep with a dwarf?"

Joffrey's temper flared at that. "You dare."

Arabella smirked and started walking out of the room, her skirt held high so she wouldn't trip. "I dare." She retorted, a small smile coming over her face. She would likely be in so much trouble with Queen Cersei, but she cared not at the moment.

Tyrion would be very pleased with her.