Give Me Your Heart

50: He’s A Worrier

Carefully adjusting Alexander in her arms, Riley pushed her sunglasses up her nose, her blue eyes admiring the hotel which stood ahead of her. It had been a couple of weeks and with Spain having made it through to the semi-finals of the Euros, Riley had travelled out to France, wanting to be in town should they make the final. It had been tough, with a difficult group, Spain had looked a little out of sorts, but as the tournament had gone on, they’d gone from strength to strength, something which had created a level of optimism about the prospect of a third European title.

Shifting Alexander a little, she moved to collect her bag before she padded towards the door, making her way across the lobby towards the check in desk. It had been a long month, with Gerard in France with the national team, Riley had spent a lot of time with her parents and Cassidy, but the idea of seeing her boyfriend again was tempting, even if it was likely to be limited by Vincente Del Bosque, a small part of her couldn’t wait to see him again. It had been a little tough, after Alexander had arrived, Riley had grown used to Gerard being around all of the time, but they had coped, even if the video and phone calls were nothing like being in the same room, Riley was a little proud of how well they’d coped.

Shuffling forwards in the queue, Riley peeked around the lobby for a moment before she felt a hand tap her shoulder, causing her to wheel around a little, her blue eyes glancing up at the woman who stood beside her. “You’re Riley, aren’t you?” she posed.

“I am” Riley confirmed, a slightly uncertain look on her face.

The other woman smiled. “I’m Daniella” she greeted softly “I’m Cesc’s girlfriend” she added, not missing the slightly frown that had passed over Riley’s face.

Riley offered her a small look before she nodded, a small shy smile on her face. “Gerard did mention that you and I would be staying in the same place” she babbled, recalling the conversation she and her boyfriend had had the day before “It’s nice to meet you” she added, extending her free hand towards the other woman.

Daniella giggled at the other woman before she shook her hand, offering her a kind smile. “Cesc mentioned you might be a little shy” she quipped “But you should know that if you need anything, I’d be happy to help. Gerard was very keen to have someone keep an eye on the two of you” she enthused with a soft smile. It was sweet, when Daniella had last spoken to Cesc, Gerard had been insistent that she try and befriend Riley, and she had to admit that she found it kind of cute.

Riley rolled her eyes a little. “He’s always doing that” she quipped “He’s a worrier” she added, shuffling a little further forwards.

Daniella smiled a little at the comment before the sound of her daughter’s voice reached her, causing her to squeeze Riley’s arm a little. “I’m here if you need me” she quipped softly “I’ll see you around” she added before she padded away.

Riley watched her go for a moment before she shook her head, a small amused smile on her face at the idea of Gerard worrying about her.

~#~
Checking the text on the screen of his phone, Gerard peeked up at the door ahead of him, a small smile on his face. It had been a while, since he had joined up with the Spanish squad, it had been almost a month, and he was a little excited by the prospect of seeing Riley, even if it was likely to be brief, he merely couldn’t wait to be in the same room as her. Ensuring that he had the right room, he lifted his hand and tapped the door, smiling a little as Riley pulled it open without a look up. “Hola” he quipped.

Riley, who’d been checking something on her phone, startled a little at the sound of his voice before she looked up, her expression brightening a little. “Hola” she squeaked.

Gerard chuckled a little before he stepped over the threshold, his arms wrapping happily around her waist. “I’m so glad to see you” he mumbled as he squeezed her gently. It felt a little silly, despite the fact that they had been apart for a month, they had spoken almost every day, but still he had missed her, something he wanted her to know.

Riley, who’d wrapped her arms around his neck, smiled. “You are?” she teased impishly.

Gerard chuckled. “You know I am” he mused softly “I know we’ve been speaking almost every day, but this…I’ve missed you, Ry” he insisted as he pulled back a little, his blue eyes searching her face.

Riley smiled up at him happily for a second before she pushed herself up onto her toes, pressing a soft kiss against his lips. “I’ve missed you too” she murmured softly.

Gerard held onto her for a second longer before the sound of Alexander’s murmurs over the monitor echoed, causing him to pull back a little. “May I?” he posed.

Riley nodded her head softly. “Of course you can” she teased brightly “I think if anyone has missed you more than me, it is him” she added as she moved to take his hand, leading him towards the bedroom where Alexander laid in his crib, kicking his feet a little.

Gerard grinned at the sight of the little boy before he padded towards him, carefully lifting him against his chest. “Hola, little one” he murmured softly.

Riley, who was leant against the door frame, smiled a little. “How long have you got before you need to be back at your hotel?” she posed softly.

“A couple of hours” Gerard replied “But Del Bosque is considering giving us a day off tomorrow. We don’t play for another couple of days and a few of the others’ families arrived when you did” he explained softly.

Riley nodded her head quietly, something which caused Gerard to push himself to his feet, stepping a little closer to her. Quirking a small smile, he carefully brushed a piece of hair off of her face before he pressed a kiss to her cheek. “You know, I’ve really missed the two of you” he mumbled, pressing a kiss to her other cheek.

Riley quirked a small smile before she pressed another kiss against his lips, wordlessly returning the sentiment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)