Give Me Your Heart

65: I’ve Been Doing Some Thinking

“Did Alex go down alright?” Gerard posed as he stepped out of the bathroom, his eyes glancing towards Riley who had just padded into the bedroom. It had been a good night, after the match, Gerard and Riley had headed out for a late dinner with Luis, and Gerard had to admit that he enjoyed it, even if things between him and Riley’s father were still a little awkward, he had enjoyed spending some time with his future father in law. It was still on his mind, after the conversation that he and Luis had had after the match, the word ‘blessing’ had been buzzing around in his mind, but he knew better than to bring it up, not wanting to upset Riley.

Riley, who’d moved to collect her pajamas from the dresser, smiled a little. “He was a little fussy” she mused as she pushed the drawer shut “But he’s asleep now and I think he’ll sleep through the night, but if he doesn’t…”

“Don’t worry, I’ll get him” Gerard interjected with a grin.

Riley offered him a soft grin before she padded into the bathroom. “So, you and my papa snuck off after the game” she quipped. It had been a little surprising, when Riley had returned from talking to Antonella, neither Gerard nor her father had been where she had left them, and it had left her a little curious.

Gerard, who was sat on the end of the bed, smirked. “We did?” he teased.

Riley rolled her eyes. “You know that you did” she countered softly “And I know that it wasn’t your idea. My papa, he didn’t try and upset you, did he?” she posed, a slightly nervous expression on her face. It was getting better, since they had gotten back from France, things between Gerard and her parents had gotten slightly better, but still she was wary, even if her parents had agreed to try, she was still a little unsure.

Gerard offered her a slightly amused look before he shook his head. “He didn’t try and upset me, Ry” he noted softly “He wanted to have a word with me in private and so I went with him, but I promise you, it’s nothing bad” he insisted gently.

“You’re sure?” Riley quipped as she padded back into the bedroom.

“I’m certain, Riley” Gerard confirmed softly.

Riley offered him a slightly uncertain look before she padded around to her side of the bed, carefully pulling back the duvet. “What did he want?” she posed softly. She didn’t want to pry, whatever had been said between her father and Gerard was between the two of them, but the idea of her father of wanting to speak to Gerard in private concerned her, even if Gerard did insist that there was nothing to be worried about, it still concerned her a little.

Gerard, who’d moved to climb into bed, shook his head, an amused grin on his face. “You’re really that worried?” he teased.

Riley shook her head. “It’s just a little odd” she quipped “You and my papa, you’ve never been the closest and the idea of you two having secret conversations…”

“Riley” Gerard interjected with a soft laugh “Nena, there really is nothing to be concerned about. Your papa just wanted to talk to me. He didn’t say anything he shouldn’t have done, he didn’t try and bribe me to leave you. We had a conversation, a good one, and you need to stop worrying your pretty little head about it” he teased, gently poking the side of her head. He didn’t blame her, with the way things were between him and her parents, she had every right to be worried, but he wanted to reassure her that things were alright.

Riley offered him a slightly dubious look before she moved to lean back against her pillow, something which made Gerard shake his head. “I promise, Ry, it’s fine” he insisted softly, his arm wrapping gently around her waist.

Riley startled a little at the feel of his arm before she nodded. “I know it is” she mused “I am happy that you felt as though you could talk to him. It’s not so long ago that you’d both do anything to get out spending time together” she teased softly.

Gerard quirked a small smile at her words before he ducked forwards, gently pressing a kiss against her cheek.

Riley smiled a little at the small kiss before she turned over, allowing him to press a gentle kiss against her lips. “You know, I love you” he mumbled softly.

“You do?” Riley teased amusedly.

Gerard shrugged. “You can be a pain” he quipped, a teasing smile on his face “But I guess I’ve kind of gotten used to it. I kind of like having you around” he teased, poking her side gently.

Riley offered him a teasing eye roll. “You know you wouldn’t have me any other way” she teased.

Gerard offered her a small smile before he ducked in, stealing another soft kiss. “You’re right, I wouldn’t” he mumbled softly.

“Even if I am frustrating?” Riley quipped, pushing some hair off of his forehead.

“I kind of like that you know what you want” Gerard mused softly “Would I like you to move a little quicker sometimes? Yeah, I would, but you know what you want and I like that about you, even if at times it does seem that I am getting annoyed with you, I like that you know your own mind” he insisted softly.

Riley’s cheeks warmed a little, something which made Gerard smile gently before he pressed another kiss against her cheek.

Riley smiled a little at the contact before she turned onto her side, her blue eyes mirroring his softly. “Gerard” she murmured softly.

“Riley” he mimicked amusedly.

Riley offered him another soft look before she took in a breath. “I’ve been thinking” she murmured softly.

Gerard frowned a little before he tilted his head. “You’ve been thinking?” he posed gently.

Riley spared him a slightly uncertain look before she nodded. “It’s about us” she murmured softly “Gerard, I love what we have here, things between us have been so good since we got home from France and I’ve been thinking…”

“Riley” Gerard interjected softly “Mi amor, will you marry me?” he added softly

Riley startled a little at the sound of his voice before she blinked, her ears ringing with his words.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Irwin., FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)