Give Me Your Heart

86: Now There Are Four

Sparing a soft sigh, Riley tossed onto her side, her blue eyes peeking towards the clock which sat on the end table. It was early, one look around the room confided that it was still the early hours of the morning, but still Riley doubted that she would get back to sleep, even if it was too early for her to be awake, she doubted that the bout of cramps in her stomach were likely to go away without a fight.

Sparing a small sigh, she checked the time on the clock before she carefully moved to sit up, swinging her feet out of the bed before she pushed herself up, quietly moving to step out of the bedroom without disturbing Gerard who slept soundly.

Ensuring that she’d pulled the door to, she carefully padded down the stairs before she stepped into the kitchen, moving to pour herself a glass of juice before she settled down at the counter, her hand gently rubbing against her bump.

It had been a while, after they’d had lunch with her mother and father, a few weeks had passed, and whilst things had been calm and settled since Gerard had talked with her mother, a part of Riley couldn’t wait for her pregnancy to be over, even if she had enjoyed it, part of her simply couldn’t wait for the new baby arrive.

Rubbing soft circles into her bump, she rested back against her seat for a couple of seconds before she felt something spill down her legs, something which caused her to let out a soft squeak in surprise. Blinking a couple of times, she gently brushed her fingertips along the front of her pajama bottoms before she let out a small squeak, not missing the dampness beneath her fingers.

“Ry?”

Riley, who’d been staring at her fingers, jumped at the sound of Gerard’s voice before she turned, her blue eyes peeking up at him. “Gerard, we’re going to need to get dressed” she murmured softly.

Gerard, who was still half asleep, tilted his head. “What?” he posed “Ry, it’s barely 3 in the morning. Perhaps we should just get back to bed” he added, moving to take a hold of her hand.

Riley offered his hand a soft look before she shook her head. “I don’t think that that is an option right now, amor” she murmured “My waters, they’ve broken, and I think…”

“She’s on her way?” Gerard interjected, his blue eyes mirroring hers.

“She is” Riley confirmed softly “We need to get dressed, get Alexander and the bags, and we need to get to the hospital. She’s on her way, Gerard” she added, a soft smile pulling at the corner of her mouth.

Gerard blinked a couple of times, her words whirring around his head, before he nodded his head slowly, something which made Riley smile a little before she pushed herself up onto her toes, pressing a soft kiss against his lips. “You should go and get the bags” she murmured softly “I’ll go and get Alex and I will see you at the car in a couple of minutes, OK?” she added gently.

Gerard offered her another soft look before he nodded his head, his hand gently moving to brush against her bump. “She’s on her way” he repeated softly “We…We’re going to have our little girl” he added, a grin pulling at the corner of his mouth.

Riley giggled a little at his reaction before she pushed herself onto her toes, sneaking another quick kiss. “Yes, we are” she agreed softly.

~#~
“Where’s Alexander?”

Gerard, who’d moved to step into Riley’s room, jumped a little at the sound of her voice before he lifted his head, offering her a small smile. It had been a while, after Riley had informed him that her waters had broken, they’d been quick to head to the hospital, but after 5 hours, there was still no sign of the baby, something which had Gerard a little antsy. He knew that it could take time, when Riley had had Alexander, they’d spent hours at the hospital, but still it irked him a little, even if he was excited to meet the baby, he didn’t like watching Riley in pain.

“He’s with my mother” he noted softly “She just came by to collect him from me” he added, moving to sit in the seat beside her bed.

Riley nodded her head gently. “Did you get a hold of my parents?” she posed softly.

“I didn’t” Gerard noted “But I left a message with them telling me to call as soon as they could. I am sure they’ll be on their way as soon as they hear the word ‘baby’” he added, his hand gently moving to take a hold of his.

Riley offered his hand a soft glance before she let out a small squeak, her hand gripping tightly at his. Gerard flinched a little, surprised by the strength of her grip, before he leant over, pressing a gentle kiss against the side of her head. “Come on, nena” he murmured “You’re doing so well” he added, pressing another gentle kiss to the same spot.

Riley smiled a little at his words of encouragement before the sound of the door opening caught her attention, causing her to flick her eyes up, peeking towards Alison who’d stepped into the room. “I thought I would just come and check on you, Riley” she mused softly “You’ve been at this for a while now” she added before she padded towards the end of the bed, quickly checking Riley over.

“How are we doing?” Gerard posed softly.

Alison, who’d moved to jot something into Riley’s notes, smiled. “I think we’re about ready to head towards the delivery room” she noted softly “I’ve just got to go and get changed and then we can get ready to welcome your new baby” she added before she padded out of the room.

Gerard watched after her for a couple of seconds before he stepped towards Riley, pressing a kiss against her head, something which made her smile softly.

~#~
Carefully shifting a little in his seat, Gerard pushed a hand back through his hair, his blue eyes fixed on the tiny baby who rested in the small bassinette ahead of him, her tiny chest rising and falling. It had taken a while, after they’d headed into the delivery room, it’d been a further hour before the baby had finally arrived, but Gerard didn’t mind, even if he had hated watching Riley in pain for so long. Their little girl was more than worth it.

Quirking a small smile, he admired the tiny baby for a couple of seconds before he tentatively reached his hand out, his fingertip gently brushing against her cheek. “Hermosa” he murmured softly.

“Have you stopped staring at her yet?”

Gerard, who’d been cooing softly to the baby, startled a little at the sound of Riley’s voice before he quirked a soft smile, offering her a small shake of his head. “She’s pretty amazing, Ry” he noted softly “And I think it’s probably going to take a little while for that to settle in. I can’t quite believe that she is ours” he added softly.

Riley admired the awed tone in his voice before she shook her head, a small smile on her face. “She is pretty spectacular” she agreed softly “And she’s all ours” she added, peeking up towards him gently.

Gerard, who’d moved to sit on the bed beside her, grinned a little at her words before he ducked down, pressing a gentle kiss against her lips. Riley startled a little, not quite expecting the kiss, before she leant into him, sneaking a couple of light kisses. She knew that it was going to take a little getting used, the idea that their family had moved from 3 members to 4 was something that was going to take a little while to settle in, but she was confident that they’d figure it out. They nearly always did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)