Give Me Your Heart

Epilogue: Never More So

Fiddling with the sides of the dress she wore, Riley quirked a shy smile, her blue eyes briefly admiring the reflection which stared back at her from the mirror. It had taken a while, between Cassidy who’d been insistent on fixing her hair and her mother who’d been insistent on helping her with her makeup, Riley had spent well over an hour sat in a chair, having her hair tugged and pulled, but she was pleased with the results, even if it had taken some time, she couldn’t quite believe how nice she looked.

Fixing the material of her dress, she studied her reflection for a couple more seconds before a low whistle filled the air, causing her turn slightly, her blue eyes peeking towards Cassidy who stood grinning in the doorway, Arabella on her hip and Alexander by her feet. “Look at you” she teased brightly “Don’t you clean up nicely?” she added, stepping a little further into the room.

Riley rolled her eyes a little before she stepped forwards, gently moving to lift Alexander up. “What are you doing up here?” she posed softly “I thought you’d be coordinating everyone else getting ready?” she added, moving to sit down on the side of the bed.

“I was” Cassidy confirmed “But everything seems to be on track so I thought I would bring these two to see their mama before your mother starts demanding pictures. How are you feeling, Ry?” she posed, offering her friend a soft smile.

It had been coming for a while, after Gerard and Riley had welcomed Arabella into the world, it had only been a matter of time before they’d turned their attention towards planning their wedding, and Cassidy was pleased that things had come together, even if it had taken them over a year to plan, she couldn’t quite believe that it was Riley’s wedding that they were preparing for.

Riley, who’d been cooing to Alexander, lifted her head a little before she quirked a small smile. “I’m a little nervous” she admitted softly “I mean, this is a pretty huge deal, but I think I am mostly excited. This has been coming for a while and a part of me can’t wait to get started” she added, her fingers lightly adjusting the small shirt that Alexander wore.

Cassidy watched her for a couple of seconds before she shook her head, a small amused smile playing at the corner of her mouth. “You know” she quipped softly “There was a period of time not too long ago that I doubted we’d find ourselves getting you ready ahead of your wedding day” she added gently.

Riley smiled a little at her words before she shook her head. “You’re not the only one” she quipped softly “But I think it is right thing. He’s amazing, Cass, he has been since we found out about Alex and I am more than glad that we got stuck together, even if we have had our fair share of ups and downs, I’m glad it’s him” she enthused warmly.

It still felt a little odd, the idea that she and Gerard were only a matter of hours away from getting married was a strange one, but Riley was excited about it, even if she had been nervous about the prospect of them finally making it up the aisle, a part of her simply couldn’t wait for the moment that they walked away as man and wife.

Cassidy admired the warm expression on Riley’s face for a couple of seconds before she shook her head, gently nudging her friend’s side. “You’re sure about him, aren’t you?” she posed softly.

Riley quirked a small smile before she nodded her head. “I am” she mused softly.

“Good” Cassidy replied gently “Because we need to get moving. I don’t know Gerard particularly well, but he seems like the kind of guy that would freak out if you even a couple of minutes late” she added, offering Riley a warm smile.

Riley offered her a small look before she pushed herself up to her feet, a warm smile playing on her lips, a sight which made Cassidy shake her head before she moved to press a kiss against her friend’s cheek. “Let’s go and get you married” she teased brightly, making Riley giggle a little.

~#~
“You’re not going to throw up, are you?”

Gerard, who’d been fiddling with his tie, startled a little at the sound of Cesc’s voice before he lifted his head, offering him a slightly sarcastic smile. It had been a long morning, with nerves twitching in his stomach, he’d been awake a lot earlier than he had been expecting, but still he was excited, even if he was worried about the prospect of something going wrong, he already couldn’t wait to see Riley in her dress.

“I’m not going to throw up” he quipped “I just came out for a little bit of air. Even though this is only a small wedding, a lot of people seem to want to make a fuss of me and I needed a break. Did you want something?” he added, offering the other Spaniard a small look.

Cesc, who’d moved to rest against the doorframe, shook his head. “I didn’t” he noted softly “Your madre sent me out to check on you. She seems pretty concerned that you might make a run for it” he added, offering the defender an impish smile.

Gerard rolled his eyes a little before he shook his head. “I am not going to make a run for it” he noted softly.

“You sure?” Cesc teased softly “Because if you are, I’ll need some notice. I should probably have something to say to Riley and your children” he added with a grin.

Gerard offered him a small glare before he shook his head, something which made Cesc chuckle before he patted his hand against his shoulder. “I’m kidding, Gerard” he noted softly “I was just trying to make sure that you’re sure about this. This is a huge step and I don’t want you to end up regretting it in a few months. Riley and the children don’t deserve it” he added, his tone softening a little. He knew that Gerard loved Riley, whenever the brunette came up in conversation, he wore a soft love-struck smile, but still Cesc wanted to make sure that he was certain about marrying her, even if they had been together for a while. The last thing he wanted was for Riley or the children to get hurt.

Gerard mulled his words over for a couple of seconds before he shook his head. “I am not going to change my mind” he noted softly “I love Riley, I have done for a while now, and I know that this is what I want. I’m crazy about her, Cesc, I have been since I met her, and that’s not going to change. It didn’t when we broke up” he added, his tone firm and warm.

Cesc allowed his words to hang around them for a moment before he nodded his head, a warm grin on his face. “I’m happy for you, amigo” he noted softly “Riley, she’s amazing, and Alex and Bella are adorable. You’re a lucky guy” he grinned brightly.

Gerard ducked his head a little before he nodded. “I know I am” he enthused gently.

~#~
“You’re 100% certain that this is the guy you want to spend the rest of your life with?” Luis posed as he stopped outside of the church, his eyes peeking down at Riley. It felt a little strange, the idea that his little girl was going to have a husband was one that was going to take him some time to get used to, but Luis had to admit that he was happy for Riley, even if a small part of him was still slightly dubious about Gerard, he was glad to see her looking so happy.

Riley, who’d been fixing the material of her dress, smiled a little before she nodded her head softly. “I am” she mused softly “I’ve been pretty sure about him for a while, papa” she added gently.

Luis offered her a slightly dubious look, wordlessly asking if she was sure, before he nodded his head. “I know you’re sure about him, Ry” he mused softly “And I know that me and your madre, we’ve not been great when it comes to him, but we’re so proud of you. You two are good together, you’ve given us two beautiful little grandchildren, and I just want you to know that. You two are a wonderful match and I wish you both all of the happiness in the world” he enthused softly, a warm smile on his face.

Riley quirked a soft smile before she leant forwards, pressing a soft kiss against his cheek. “Gracias, papa” she mumbled softly.

Luis offered her a small smile before he moved to wipe his eyes, something which made Riley tilt her head. “Are you crying?” she posed softly.

Luis shrugged. “It’s my daughter’s wedding day” he countered softly “I think I can be excused. Besides, when Alexander or Arabella get married, I am sure that you’ll be more of a mess than I am” he quipped, offering her a small tearful smile.

Riley spared a soft laugh before she wrapped her arms around him, pulling him into a tight hug. Luis hugged her back for a couple of seconds before he ducked back, wiping his eyes a little before he offered her his arm. “We should probably get you inside” he quipped softly “I remember what it is like to be stood at an altar, waiting for my bride to come down the aisle, and I imagine that Gerard will only be a few seconds away from freaking out” he added.

Riley giggled once more before she wrapped her arm around her father’s, following him for a couple of steps before she squeezed it, something which made Luis chuckle a little. “You’re nervous?” he teased, leading her towards the end of the aisle.

“Perhaps” Riley quipped “There are a lot of people looking at me” she added, peeking towards the rows of people who stood around her, their eyes fixed on her.

“The most important person is stood over there” Luis quipped “He’s looking pretty happy to see you too” he added, nudging her slightly.

Riley offered him a slightly playful glare before she lifted her head, her blue eyes mirroring Gerard’s which lit up at the sight of her, something which caused her to relax a little. Luis smiled a little as she loosened her grip on his arm before he led her through the final few steps, pulling her to a stop ahead of Gerard. “Gerard?” he posed softly.

Gerard, who’d been admiring Riley, startled a little at the sound of Luis’ voice before he turned his head, offering the older man a soft look. “Today I am entrusting you with one of the most important things in my life, my little girl, and I want to ask you to take care of her. She means an awful lot to me and I want to see her happy. Do you think that you can manage that?” Luis mused, his eyes briefly peeking towards Riley who offered him a slightly tearful smile in return.

Gerard flicked his eyes between Riley and Luis before he nodded, a bright smile on his face. “I promise, I will give it everything I have, Luis” he enthused warmly.

Luis offered him a small look before he stuck his hand out, allowing Gerard to shake it quickly before he turned towards Riley, offering her another comforting smile before he moved to take his seat beside his wife.

Gerard watched him into his seat before he turned his attention towards Riley, offering her a bright smile. “You sure about this?” he whispered gently.

Riley nodded. “I am” she quipped “You?” she posed gently.

Gerard quirked another bright smile before he ducked down, pressing a soft kiss against her cheek. “Never more so” he mumbled softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to those who've read, commented, subscribed or recommended :)

Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)