Where Is Your Boy Tonight

22

Maddie was a nervous wreck. It was Saturday night and the guys had fifteen minutes to go before they started playing. They were currently talking to the scout for Fuled by Ramen at a small table in the main room of The Pit. Maddie, Sarah and Marie were waiting backstage.

"You are going to make me throw up, you are radiating nervousness!" Marie exclaimed, standing from the couch she had previously been sitting on with Maddie.

"Yeah, Mad, you would think you were going to be on stage", Sarah agreed. "Stop shaking your foot!"

"Sorry you guys, I'm so nervous for them! Plus I haven't heard them play all week, so there's that."

This had been one of the longest weeks of her life. She could only speculate what the song Pete claimed to be hers was about. She had been questioning Patrick and Joe all week and they wouldn't budge. Andy was stone cold too. She was worried about all of the things that would come along with a record deal: them leaving, her not being able to see them anymore. She was also worried about them not getting the contract, their hearts would be broken.

The guys burst through the door chattering loudly, breaking her from her thoughts.

"What's the matter, Mad?" Patrick asked, picking up on her mood right away.

"She's on the verge of throwing up, I swear she's taking all of the oxygen out of the room", Marie only half joked.

Pete sat beside her and gave her a sideways hug before kissing her cheek, "calm down, ok? He seems really cool, I think we got this."

Maddie smiled at him and nodded. Still feeling like she may have a panic attack.

"Guys, let's go" Andy said ame they all began filing out of the room.

Maddie pulled Pete back, "how will I know which song is mine?"

Pete laughed and pulled her into a tight hug. "You'll know, Princess", he whispered in her ear before lacing their fingers together and leading her out of the room.

Sarah, Maddie and Marie went out into the crowd. Maddie was a little surprised at how many people were there, the guys were really becoming popular. They pushed their way to the front just as the guys started a cover of Blink-182's Dammit.

Maddie noticed the guys seemed really relaxed as they kept playing and it helped calm her nerves. She smiled at Patrick who winked at her before turning his attention back to Sarah.

"Ok guys, this next song is a new one. It's for a special friend of ours", Pete introduced the song. Maddie raised an eyebrow at him to ask if this was her song. Pete blew her a kiss, confirming her suspicion.

"Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman.And maybe he won't find out what I know. You were the last good thing about this part of town" Patrick began. The guys began playing and Maddie tried to catch Pete's eye but he was avoiding looking at her now.

"When I wake up. I'm willin' to take my chances on
The hope I forget that you hate him
More than you notice I wrote this for you
You need him, I could be him
I could be an accident but I'm still tryin'
And it's more than I can say for him", Patrick continued singing.

Maddie was shocked, this wasn't what she was expecting at all. The butterflies that had been showing up lately were on a rampage in her stomach and she was trying to catch Pete's eye but he seemed to be avoiding her on purpose.

"Someday I'll appreciate in value
Get off my ass and call you
But in the meantime I'll sport my brand new fashion
Of waking up with pants off at 4:00 in the afternoon

You need him
I could be him
I could be an accident but I'm still trying
That's more than I can say for HIM", Patrick sang and smirked at Maddie, he obviously knew this was "her" song.

Maddie let out a laugh and started dancing with Marie and Sarah. She loved it, she couldn't wait to yell at all of them for keeping it a secret from her.

"Where is your boy tonight?
I hope he is a gentleman (he won't find out)
Maybe he won't find out what I know
You were the last good thing about this part of town" Patrick finished.

Maddie began screaming and cheering along with everyone else. She finally caught Pete's eye and gave him the biggest smile she could come up with before blowing a kiss back to him. She was almost certain she saw him begin to blush as they walked off stage.

"Come on, let's go" Marie said, grabbing her hand and pulling her and Sarah through the crowd. They got into the backstage area just a few minutes after the guys did. Sarah and Marie ran up to Patrick and Joe and hugged them. Maddie hugged Andy before asking where Pete was.

"Mark, the record label guy, stopped him in the hallway," Joe answered. Maddie nodded and hugged him and Patrick both.

"We got it!" Pete screamed running into the room. "They want to sign us!"

The room exploded in cheers and screaming from everyone. Pete told them they would have a conference call Monday afternoon to start discussing the details. The guys began hugging and talking excitedly. Maddie finally caught Pete's attention. She smiled at him while shyly biting her bottom lip. Pete walked past Andy who was talking about quitting his job and pulled Maddie into him. She wrapped her arms tightly around his neck and felt her heart squeeze. Pete pulled his arms around her waist before burying his face into her neck.

"I..", Maddie started, then realized she had no idea what to say. There were a million things she wanted to say but couldn't figure out how.

"Did you like your song?" Pete asked.

"I loved it", Maddie replied. "I'm so happy and proud and nervous and excited for you guys."

"Can we go?" Pete asked her.

"You don't want to go out and celebrate?" Maddie asked, confused.

"No, we can celebrate Monday when it's a done deal. Right now I just want to be with you", Pete said lowly in Maddie's ear.

If he hadn't been holding her up Maddie was positive she would have melted into the floor. They loaded up the equipment and all went their separate way, making plans for breakfast in the morning.

When they pulled into Maddie's driveway it was near midnight. Pete jumped out and ran around to open Maddie's door for her.

"Thank you" Maddie laughed.

"Come with me, please?" Pete asked, helping Maddie out of the car and pulling her toward his house.

When they got inside it was completely dark.

"Where is everyone?" Maddie asked, following him upstairs.

"My parents went to visit my grandparents, I guess Andy and Hilary went with them."

Pete shut the bedroom door behind them and Maddie was suddenly nervous. She had been here a million times, but something felt different this time.

"Did you really like your song?" Pete asked as he sat down beside her on the bed. He took her hand in his again and began tracing a heart shape with the index finger of his other hand.

Maddie used her free hand to lift Pete's chin so he was facing her, " I LOVED it, I swear." She laughed before asking," am I really the last good thing about this part of town?"

Pete smiled a small smile, "you're the only thing about this part of town." With that he crashed his lips to hers.

Maddie was surprised at first but immediately put her hand to the back of his head, pulling him closer. When she responded Pete put both hands to the sides of her face and deepened the kiss.

"Do you have any idea how long I've wanted to do that", Pete breathed out when they parted.

"Mm, how long?" Maddie asked, pulling his mouth back to hers.

Pete moaned softly and shifted them so Maddie was laying on her back and he was hovering over her. "Since the first day you walked into my garage. You made me nervous, I could barely look at you. Every time we talked after that I wanted to be closer to you, it was like I needed you. Then, when you came down the stairs for prom, and we had been fighting or whatever, I knew I needed you."

Maddie smiled up and him and placed little kisses all over his face as he spoke.

"And all of the kisses on my neck, God, I could have died with each one", Pete rambled as Maddie pulled him closer and pressed her lips back to his.

"But when you held my hand leaving prom, that was the first time I thought maybe I had a chance", Pete finished.

"Pete, you've always had a chance. You're the only one with a chance", Maddie said, "now shut up and kiss me."

Pete let out a releaved laugh as he tangled a hand in her hair and reconnected their lips. He couldn't have asked for anything better.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)