Where Is Your Boy Tonight

26

Maddie woke up around five a.m., still wrapped in Pete's arms and wearing his t-shirt. She rolled over to face him, taking in his features. She was trying to be happy and embrace the next phase of their lives but it was hard, especially not knowing when they would see each other again.

"Don't wake up yet", Pete grumbled through his sleep. "We still have a couple of hours", he said pulling her close and kissing her lips lightly.

"You guys are supposed to leave at eight", she reminded him.

"We will get up at seven fifty eight", Pete joked.

Maddie giggled and told him she needed to go home; she had to load her car and get ready. With a defeated groan from Pete, she pulled out of his grasp and pulled on a pair of his shorts before gathering her things. "I'll see you in a bit", she told him with a kiss. Pete tried to pull her back into the bed but Maddie knew she couldn't.

She wiped a tear from her eye as she hurried across the street and into her house.

"Is that everything?" her father asked as he crammed a suitcase into the trunk of her car.

"I believe so", Maddie replied hugging him. It was right at eight am and Maddie saw the guys and their parents gathering across the street at the Wentz house.

"Let's head over and get all the crying over with", her mom said with a smile and glassy eyes.

Maddie hugged her before they walked across the street.

All of their parents started talking and hugging, comforting each other. Maddie walked over to the guys and began passing out hugs and kisses.

"Where's Pete?" she asked Andy after she kissed his cheek.

"He's in the garage, he claims to be making sure we didn't leave anything. I'm pretty sure he wants you to come find him."

"How do you know that?"

"Because he asked me to have you come find him", Andy said with a laugh. Maddie giggled and walked toward the garage.

"Hey", she said when she entered and saw Pete sitting on the worn out couch.

He didn't reply, just patted the seat next to him.

Maddie sat down and turned so she was facing him before wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him close.

"I don't know if I can do this", Pete confided with his face buried in her shoulder.

"You can, you will and you will be great" Maddie assured him. Though her confidence was waived some by the tears rolling down her cheeks.

"You swear you will visit us?"

"I swear. I'm going to miss you more than anything."

Pete didn't respond, but pressed his lips to hers. The kiss was desperate and Maddie wasn't sure if the tears she felt were his or hers.

They heard Patrick call to them from outside and the reality set in, it was really time to go. Pete stood and pulled Maddie to her feet. "I love you", he whispered before kissing her lips.

"I love you back", Maddie said smiling at him with her forehead pressed to his. After one last kiss they exited the garage.

Another round of hugs was given out and Maddie had promised Dale she would come by and visit every time she came back to town. She and Pete kissed once more, quickly since everyone was watching, and she climbed into her car and he into Andy's van. They honked and both cars pulled out at the same time as their parents stood waving on the lawn behind them.

When they got to the entrance of the neighborhood Maddie looked to the left and blew them kisses. Pete pretended to catch it and put it in his pocket before blowing one back. With that, Maddie turned right and the guys turned left. Both headed to a new chapter in their lives that Maddie could only hope involved each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End! For now.... Look for the sequel to come soon guys! Thank you so much to everyone who read, subscribed, recommended and commented; it makes me so happy that someone else enjoyed my story as well.