Status: Slowly Active

Wild Love

Prologue

I pushed my way through the crowded streets of New York City, trying to put as much distance between him and me. The cold winter wind flushed my cheeks and whipped my long, dark brown hair into my light crystal blue eyes. Continuing to push forward, I turned my head to see if I had lost him. Much to my dismay, my eyes locked with his cold dead black eyes. I felt the hair on the back of my neck raise causing a shudder to run down my spine. This only motivated me to push through the crowds more forcefully, attempting to remain as close to a normal human pace as possible. By the sounds of the disgruntled rude comments and yells from behind me, he was not taking such precautions. When the bus stop came into view, I pushed my legs even further than before determined to make it there before him. The last bus of the evening started to pull away but not before I jumped in, rummaging through my pockets praying I had the proper amount of change on me to pay the toll. I slumped down into a seat in the very back corner of the bus before looking out the window to once again lock eyes with him. The murdering glare that projected through his deathly black eyes made my heart stop beating, literally. I knew in that moment, I had not succeeded in getting away. He was coming for me. He was a tracker, it is what he does; and this time, he wouldn’t be coming after me alone.